1.    #1  
    Onto my 3rd palm pre, and for some reason I am having incredible difficulty in getting webos quick install to recognize my pre.

So i have tried to re-install novacom, both through quick install and manually in the programs file folder, a black screen pops up quicky that shows "trying to start novacom service" and then closes immediately.

pressing install on quick install will show the error "please connect device"

followed the steps to a tee!! need a little help here!

I just want to install preware, that's all, I can't seem to install it manually either as my device simply is not recognized!!

YES IT IS IN DEV MODE!

thanks!
    just a quick tip,before pluging your pre in go 2 device manager on your desktop then plug ur pre in 2 c if it is actually seeing the phone,if thers no change it may b your usb port or your cable,do you get the just charge/media sync/ usb mode option?and does it still charge when connected 2 the comp?
    This should be under the WOSQI thread...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    just a quick tip,before pluging your pre in go 2 device manager on your desktop then plug ur pre in 2 c if it is actually seeing the phone,if thers no change it may b your usb port or your cable,do you get the just charge/media sync/ usb mode option?and does it still charge when connected 2 the comp?
    Thanks, it is being recognized in my device manager, I believe the culprit is my inability to properly install novacom...I am running 64-bit windows 7, but that did not change from previous successful installs with other palm pre's.
  5.    #5  
    Well after pulling my hair out, the simplest solution was the correct one.

I kept using the front usb ports to no avail, I switched to a random USB port along the back and BANG works without a hitch!
    I"m having the same issue. I tried all 6 ports on my laptop and they all recognize the device but Quick Install won't. I unistalled and reinstalled both QuickInstall and Novacom. I really don't know what the issue it but ever since I updated to 1.4.5 today it's been giving me issues. Any help would be appreciated.
    Come to mention it - Ive had the same problem since the update. PC doesn't recognise device. Have done all the trouble shooting I know how to do. I had to walk away from it last night and will try again when I get home today.
    OK - Im home - Novacom is running, the USB port is working, because if I put the Pre on USB it shows up on MY COMPUTER as being attached. What to do now??
    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

this is where you need to go and read up on how to do this . and just for starters you dont need to be in usb mode but you need to be in just charge mode .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Im still a no go when attached to the PC. Preeware over the air stuff will have to do for now.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Typically it's a bad cable. I have had cables go bad on me. If you use the same cable on another computer and it works, then it's something wrong with your computer or driver. I brought my cable back to sprint and they replaced it.
    In my case, I just turned on the developer's mode, restarted the phone, and it was recognized immediately.