1.    #1  
    Picked up the new Palm Pre Plus from AT&T about a month ago. Love the device. I have been able to the Nintendo-esque method to put my mobile into DEV mode. ..And that is basically all the progress I have been able to make towards "Homebrewing it up" and enjoying the full experience of this device.

My laptop runs Windows 7, x64.I have installed JAVA's 7 plugin [jdk-7-ea-bin-b76-windows-x64-12_nov_2009] and verified that it's been properly installed [via cmd-line script].

I have followed every piece of advise there is on the Forums on "How to Get Started...", etc with no avail .

Can SOMEOENE please help?!
    Did you download webOS doctor. You need it so webOS quick instal can extract the Novacom drivers
  3.    #3  
    I have downloaded every driver, plug-in imaginable. I downloaded the 21-page "WebOS Quick Install - Installation.pdf" from this site. I deleted everything I previously had and started fresh, following the guide.

On the top of page15, after downloading JAVA [for the 20th time], I am at the step where i simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar from Windows Explorer and instead of the program prompting to install WebOSDoctor for me [since it will do so if "it does not find that file in the same folder where you are running it from..."], the command window pops up, then disappears.

Windows Task Manager does not show it running in the background, even. I am currently downloading [the AT&T] webosdoctorp101ewwatt.jar file and will add it to the folder. But that does not solve why the QuickInstall did not prompt on it's own...as it should have.

Any ideas?
  4.    #4  
    Picked up the new Palm Pre Plus from AT&T about a month ago. Love the device. I have been able to the Nintendo-esque method to put my mobile into DEV mode. ..And that is basically all the progress I have been able to make towards "Homebrewing it up" and enjoying the full experience of this device.

My laptop runs Windows 7, x64.I have installed JAVA's 7 plugin [jdk-7-ea-bin-b76-windows-x64-12_nov_2009] and verified that it's been properly installed [via cmd-line script].

I have followed every piece of advise there is on the Forums on "How to Get Started...", etc with no avail .

Can SOMEOENE please help?!

UPDATE:

I have downloaded every driver, plug-in imaginable. I downloaded the 21-page "WebOS Quick Install - Installation.pdf" from this site. I deleted everything I previously had and started fresh, following the guide.

On the top of page15, after downloading JAVA [for the 20th time], I am at the step where i simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar from Windows Explorer and instead of the program prompting to install WebOSDoctor for me [since it will do so if "it does not find that file in the same folder where you are running it from..."], the command window pops up, then disappears.

Windows Task Manager does not show it running in the background, even. I am currently downloading [the AT&T] webosdoctorp101ewwatt.jar file and will add it to the folder. But that does not solve why the QuickInstall did not prompt on it's own...as it should have.

Any ideas?
    I could be wrong here but it may be worth a shot - I believe you need the java runtime environment (jre) which can be found here: Java Downloads for All Operating Systems - Sun Microsystems

I have a similar problem and it's attributable to the version of java I have on my laptop...

HTH

Ed