Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Currently I've only done 2 YouTube videos on my software:

I noticed a lot of people not noticing some small (or even larger) details I've put into my apps, like Internalz.

For example, I bet a large amount of Internalz users are unaware you can toggle sorting files/folders by tapping the header. And you can toggle between the label for file size and file type by tapping and holding on the label.

And then there's some things people might not even know Internalz can do and might not have considered Internalz before.

For example, as of Internalz 1.2, it'll be possible to easily edit the auto-correct dictionary. In addition, as of v1.2, it will be easy to hide applications from the app launcher via Internalz. Both are things you wouldn't offhand expect a simple file manager to do.

So now I have asked the question on my twitter account and want to ask it again here: do you guys think I could create YouTube to highlight features of applications and possible uses that might not seem obvious?

Any other ideas of what you like to see my make videos showing? Though keep in mind developing is my primary role and I want to keep all videos under 2-3min maximum.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 06/27/2010 at 04:33 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    For example, as of Internalz 1.2, it'll be possible to easily edit the auto-correct dictionary.
    I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I think it would be great to make more videos, especially since this community is growing and there are so many features in the application.
    And thanks again as always for your excellent work.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Most defnitely jason... Actually I was hoping you would describe internalz more vividly for us. Keep doing what you do,and on behalf of the entire precentral/palm users... We love and appreciate your committed work and effort. (Have a great day)
    Last edited by rush; 06/27/2010 at 05:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Those videos looked great. I didn't know about the text editor. Pretty cool.. I'd vote for more videos
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    YES, more videos!! Please.
    god you rock. So you gunna take the internals job?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    god you rock. So you gunna take the internals job?
    what internals job?

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I read you got offered the patch-man job for preware
    maybe I read it wrong though
    Yes Please MORE Videos. And I for one would LOVE to hear you talking on the videos as well as showing the app. For 2 reasons, 1, sorta of selfish , I would just LOVE to hear your voice, hoping you have that lovely Fr Canadian lilt to your voice, and also just hearing and seeing instructions and information seems to solidly embed the information to the viewer/listener.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

12.    #12  
    Nah, that's not me. I've made many patches and have the submitted/available on the webos-internals server, but beyond that I have no other involvement in Preware and its patches.

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I would just LOVE to hear your voice, hoping you have that lovely Fr Canadian lilt to your voice
    lol, nah, I don't have any french Canadian lilts in my voice. I am have French and know very basic French, but beyond that I'm totally an anglophone, heh.

Ya, but I would still LOVE to hear you talk when making videos..

Im just a very auditory learner/listner I guess

heheh
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

ahh, I went back and read it, said something about you getting offered instant approval of your patch updates or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Most defnitely jason... Actually I was hoping you would describe internalz more vividly for us. Keep doing what you do,and on behalf of the entire precentral/palm users... We love and appreciate your committed work and effort. (Have a great day)

That goes for me too. Please keep up the great work.
    I like the idea of more videos, as well, as long as you have time and energy for them. There is stuff I figure out for myself, but also stuff I know I am missing, in Internalz.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    video is the best way to tell people aout apps. I think every single app should have a video but even more paid apps forsure causw there is nothing worse then wasting ur money on crappy built apps
    Yes please! Some people (like me) learn quicker visually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Any other ideas of what you like to see my make videos showing? Though keep in mind developing is my primary role and I want to keep all videos under 2-3min maximum.

What do you guys think?
    Jason, let me say thank you and a big thumbs up on your efforts. This post alone gave me 3 things I did not know could be done and are very cool for that matter.

Videos, I love videos and keep up the great work. Sorli...
    I think the videos are great, and it's always easier to see these features in action rather than just text descriptions or screen shots.

I accidentally found out about the text editor while trying to get JumpOClock to work. So I can see how people might not know about certain aspects of an app. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast