1.    #1  
    I tried to put this in the Homebrew Forum but it wouldn't let me.

I installed the WebOS Quick Install on my computer, and understand how to use it just fine. But when I choose an application to download, once I hit "install" it says "Error 1: Connection Refused: connect" and then "no device found".

WHAT am I doing wrong!?
    Proud Pre owner since April 2010.
    Is your Pre in Dev Mode?
    I have been having a not accessible issue for sometime now. I can't even reinstall themes I had previously installed.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by DAlcatraz View Post
    Is your Pre in Dev Mode?
    There are really only 5 things that can cause a "no device" or "connection refused" error, and in the order of likelihood, that would be:

1. Your Pre isn't in Dev mode as DAlcatraz suggested.
    2. You don't have novacom installed and running correctly on your desktop.
    3. You're using a faulty USB cable.
    4. There is a hardware fault in your computer making the USB port not function correctly.
    5. There is a hardware fault in your Pre.

Again, that is in order of likelihood.

Do NOT jump to #5. It accounts only for a TINY minority.
    Also try rebooting both the Pre and your computer
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I am having this problem I saw the 5 possible things that could be causing it and it doesnt seem to be any of it. ive tried all usb ports & cables (palm's cable and other cables) and nothing is working. ive reattempted novacom and have verified through command prompt that it is in fact running.

Help?! Please
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amberrkelley View Post
    I am having this problem I saw the 5 possible things that could be causing it and it doesnt seem to be any of it. ive tried all usb ports & cables (palm's cable and other cables) and nothing is working. ive reattempted novacom and have verified through command prompt that it is in fact running.

Help?! Please
    The short answer, at the risk of sounding like a jerk, is that you are wrong. It absolutely positively IS one of those things. You mentioned all the things you've checked, but I don't see "I double checked that my pre is in dev mode by entering the konami code, making sure it said 'enabled' and then rebooting."
    yes I have made sure it's in device mode. I'm not stupid. Obviously I read it so I did it. This isn't my first time doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by amberrkelley View Post
    yes I have made sure it's in device mode. I'm not stupid. Obviously I read it so I did it. This isn't my first time doing this.
    Nobody called you stupid. If you want to read between the lines, don't get upset with me for the meanings you project. "You are wrong" doesn't mean you're stupid. It means you are wrong.

It's not a matter of opinion that there are only 5 things involved. It's a fact. There's 5 of them. I supposed to be all-encompassing, you should remove the word "hardware" from #5, although a software fault in the Pre that keeps it from working is even less likely.

If you have actually done everything right, and actually tested the first 4 things in that list, then all that is left is that your Pre is defective or damaged. However, virtually every person I've seen who claimed to have followed the directions and done everything right was mistaken, and had really missed something. The most common being that some update had disabled dev mode, and they didn't realize it had been turned off.

Your only option at that point is to follow the directions (posted all over the place) for recovering a "bricked" pre, to see if reflashing the software helps, or if it's a hardware fault.
    Are you using the palm supplied USB cable, all cable are not created equal. this has caused issue for me in the past.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...les-equal.html

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.