1.    #1  
    ive tired all the steps for the trouble shooting in the quick install thread and it still wont work?
    what can i do?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    How about by telling us what the problem is? "It still won't work" is very vague.
  3.    #3  
    oh right sorry,
    it just says no device connected and wont recognize me pre
    is developer enabled? restart your computer.
    EOM
    ive done both and neither work.. im using windows 7.. i tried the manual installation method of installing novacom (unzipping doctor file and modifying it but still cannot get it to work properly). Does anyone have the pre-edited file that would allow me to install novacom on my pc properly.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    restart phone completely before you connect it to the computer.

makkke sure your cable is a palm cale (or blackerry - they aren't all the same)

try putting it is usb mode to see if your pc can see it as a flash drive.

I've found that the restart isn't recognized if the phone isn't disconnected, and some of my cheap cables aren't pinned completely and don't work.
  7.    #7  
    I've restarted pre and computer. I'm using windows 7, if that matters ? It works in usb mode
    I just figured it out after days of trying.....
    1. Open web os quick install
    2. Options, attempt novacom reinstallation..
    3. Go to your Local C: drive find the Palm inc folder
    4 inside that folder should be a Novacom folder...
    5. Go inside the Novacom folder, Click DPinst and install
    6. Restart your computer..
    7. Report back
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    I'm sorry to post yet another question about this issue, but I'm going out of my mind trying to get this to work. I've read every thread I can find and tried everything without success:
    -- I've used 3 different computers with 3 different operating systems (win xp, win 7, and Mac OS 10.5.8)
    -- I've reinstalled Novacom countless times. I have confirmed that is running "services.msc"
    -- I've used 2 different palm cables in multiple usb ports (no hubs)
    -- I've taken my pre in and out back into developer mode 3 times.
    -- I've made sure my Java is updated
    -- I've deleted and restarted webos quick install multiple times. I've rebooted my pre and computer multiple times.
    -- I select "Just charge"
    -- I've gone in to c:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom and run the driver program and restarted the computer
    -- I've selected "USB Device" under File-->Options

I'm using a Verizon Pre Plus. Any ideas?
    are you in developer mode? I haven't heard you say you are in dev mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by elziejl View Post
    I'm sorry to post yet another question about this issue, but I'm going out of my mind trying to get this to work. I've read every thread I can find and tried everything without success:
    -- I've used 3 different computers with 3 different operating systems (win xp, win 7, and Mac OS 10.5.8)
    -- I've reinstalled Novacom countless times. I have confirmed that is running "services.msc"
    -- I've used 2 different palm cables in multiple usb ports (no hubs)
    -- I've taken my pre in and out back into developer mode 3 times.
    -- I've made sure my Java is updated
    -- I've deleted and restarted webos quick install multiple times. I've rebooted my pre and computer multiple times.
    -- I select "Just charge"
    -- I've gone in to c:/Program Files/Palm, Inc/novacom and run the driver program and restarted the computer
    -- I've selected "USB Device" under File-->Options

I'm using a Verizon Pre Plus. Any ideas?
    What anti virus program do you have? I have almost the same problem, at home I can not connect, at work everything works fine.
    are you in developer mode? it wont work unless you are....
  13.    #13  
    yeah im in dev mode
    On my laptop I have AVG. At work we have Norton. On my mac there is no antivirus software. I do have developer mode mode turned on. The fact that I have the same problem on 3 different computer setups makes me think it's more likely to be an issue with my device, but I can't think what it would be. I've tried turning developer mode on, turning it back off, then turning it back on again to no avail.
    It's working now! I deleted and reinstalled webOS Quick Install on my mac. Then I turned off developer mode and then turned it back on again. Now it works. I don't know why this worked this time (I've done the same thing before), but I'll take it.
    So... I have actually tried each step given by the members & what was told of me from the instructions... yes I'm DV mode, yes I've restarted comp & pre multiple times, re-installed the Novacomd =X's, Ive had a friend even go over everything & still I'm app less... ughh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
    So... I have actually tried each step given by the members & what was told of me from the instructions... yes I'm DV mode, yes I've restarted comp & pre multiple times, re-installed the Novacomd =X's, Ive had a friend even go over everything & still I'm app less... ughh!!!
    Did you try another computer? For example, for me WebOSQI is working only at work, and at home it doesn't with the same cable and phone.
    <<Moved Thread>>
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!