Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Internalz v1.0.1

Internalz is the first, only, and best file manager for the webOS.

It's feature-packed and includes full device browsing, file/directory moving and copying, easy deletions with optional swipe-to-delete feature, simple renaming, built-in image viewer, built-in text editor and more.

A video tour I've made highlighting the main features .

This has been in private development for a long time and I'm excited to show people what's been done.

I've spent a LOT of time on this project and due to the nature of an app like this, I'll probably be spending much more in the future. Because of that I want to try something a bit different with this release.

Simply put, donate what you think it's worth to you. If you think it's a nice app, but not something you'd pay for, then don't donate anything. But if you think it's something you'd be willing pay $0.99, $2, $5, etc. for, then donate that. All your decision, and all donations go toward continued development

Special thanks to those who did the international translations, as well as thanks to those who helped with private testing.

Where To Get It
    Internalz can be downloaded from the PreCentral feed as well as from:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/internalz

Requirements
    - Requires FileMgr service installed on your device

Screenshots

Change Log
    v1.0.1 - April 22, 2010
    - Fixes localization issues with French and Italian devices

v1.0.0 - April 22, 2010
    - Public release!
    - Too many changed to count between this and the old 0.3.2
    - It's practically a new app compared to before
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/22/2010 at 10:15 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Giving US presents on YOUR Birthday? I feel like today is my birthday too. You're awesome!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    happy birthday bud! Thx for all the gr8 work you done for us webos user..have a wonderful day.
    AWESOME! Thx again and have a wonderful birthday. T.
    This is awesome...going to donate now...once again, u da man...
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Thanks, Jason. Did we lose directory renaming?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Thanks, Jason. Did we lose directory renaming?
    nope, ya gained directory "Info". There you can rename.

See the video on PreCentral front page for a quick example of renaming if you aren't sure how that works

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    LOVE the work.

I guess there are probably a million ideas you've got for this but I can't help but think how great it could be to have a folder up button in the bottom right of each screen like the web browser. And an X for the image viewer etc.

Love it, thanks for making this a reality.

EDIT: brilliant!
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Just awesome.. nothing more I can say except THANKS!
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
    You are ridiculous. Truly amazing work. Donation on the freaking way!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    LOVE the work.

I guess there are probably a million ideas you've got for this but I can't help but think how great it could be to have a folder up button in the bottom right of each screen like the web browser. And an X for the image viewer etc.

Love it, thanks for making this a reality.

EDIT: brilliant!
    Just a note, back swipe does work.

In the file explorer, back gestures moves back a step in your browsing history.

In the image viewer and text editor, back swipe closes the viewer/editor.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    nope, ya gained directory "Info". There you can rename.

See the video on PreCentral front page for a quick example of renaming if you aren't sure how that works
    Ohhh, awesome. Yeah, sorry... I didn't watch the video. :-P

Really great work, man.
    Way to go Jason, Its great to finally be able to talk about this. lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just a note, back swipe does work.

In the file explorer, back gestures moves back a step in your browsing history.

In the image viewer and text editor, back swipe closes the viewer/editor.

Daym, what was I thinking.. You got this down!
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Well worth the donation, thanks Jason... Great job as always!!
    Just with playing around a little with the text editor I noticed something that could be changed if you like the idea (I almost said if possible but then I realized that anything with you seems possible because of your development track record).

Anyway, with autosave turned off I like how it prompts you that items have been saved when you are in the text editor and you try to close the file. Is there a way to keep the file open when you hit the no button to saving instead of just closing it without saving? Basically, if you do a bunch of editing and back gesture to close it, it will prompt you if you want to save. If you see something that is not quite right and notice it right after you hit close, your only option is to click save and go back into the file. If you hit no it just closes the file without saving. I would like to see no in that situation just take you back to the text editor like you never tried to close the file. I hope this all makes sense.

Regardless, awesome work.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Loved the beta so this will get some good use too. Great work Jason.
    Jason - You did it again!

You will find a donation from me again!

Fantastic!

Rob

PS I keep seeing WebOS Developers making 'how-to' videos of their apps, how is that being done? Is there a way for the average user to make these kind of 'training or how-to' videos?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for working so hard on this app, and all of your other apps. Internalz, WOSQI, and your patches are MUST HAVE software. The Pre would not be the device it is today without them. My donation has been sent!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    PS I keep seeing WebOS Developers making 'how-to' videos of their apps, how is that being done? Is there a way for the average user to make these kind of 'training or how-to' videos?
    I used Camtasia Studio with a custom glow cursor

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast