Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Jason, just read about the secret 'install feature' coming to internalz. Sounds great! Thanks for everything you've done!

My question is will we be able to install patches via internalz? It seems like I have more and more patches installed via WOSQI that aren't submitted to Preware or are just taking too long to get approved. This would be the last step in cutting the umbilical cord between my pre and pc.
    you'll have to wait to July 25th to find out
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    NOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My question is will we be able to install patches via internalz? It seems like I have more and more patches installed via WOSQI that aren't submitted to Preware or are just taking too long to get approved. This would be the last step in cutting the umbilical cord between my pre and pc.
    It's mentioned in the PreCentral article: http://www.precentral.net/preware-in...stall-features
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    It's mentioned in the PreCentral article: http://www.precentral.net/preware-in...stall-features
    Nope it isn't. It mentions package installation. Not patch installation.
    technically, a patch could be considered a package... like in Preware, your "Installed Packages" or "saved package list" includes apps, patches, services, etc... but, as jason said, we will just have to wait 10 more days to find out if patches are included!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    It was my understanding that most patches (esp. those listed by Preware) are contained ipk packages. Thus, Internalz new ability to install packages means that it will be able to install most patches.
    I guess we're all correct in a way I consider a package more of a build and deployment thing. Where a patch is referring to a modification to a WebOS .jsjsjs $file$.

I'm looking to install individual unpackaged .patch files not packaged .ipk files. Unpackaged .patch files are simply a diff between the original file being modified and the changes. Unfortunately, a lot of good patches are never submitted to preware. Also, a lot of patches are available for testing before they are submitted to preware. I'd like to be able to install these without having to use a pc. Specifically, bypass using WOSQI. The files I'm talking about aren't available in preware.

ASFAIK, all of the patches start out as .patch files. The .patch file is what's submitted to preware. At least on all of the patches I've submitted to preware. (Don't quote me on this) but later on in the approval process is when the .patch file is quote 'packaged' and made available via preware. I'm not sure if it ever makes it into an .ipk or not. I consider a package an .ipk file. What the term package means in preware maybe something else.

The new preware functionality to install packages is limited to ipk packages. It won't install .patch files. This is why I originally asked my question to Jason.
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 07/15/2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Feature Request:
    Can you have the handler of files not having an 'extension' default to the text editor so that they can be opened with the editor? This would make maintaining /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace a lot easier, for example. Or have an install dependency on optware's 'file' package being installed, and use that to really see what a file's type is. Or, give end users the ability to specify what handlers should be used for every file type. Extensions are a really bad way to determine that, btw.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Feature Request:

Can you integrate Samba into Internalz so we can connect to samba shares? Having a full blown file system manager and the ability to connect to network shares would be awesome.

Thanks
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I twittered you, but I think the next awesome step would be .zip/.rar extractor.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Hm, I searched this phrase using the phrase "free space", but didn't see what I was looking for.

Is there anywhere in Internalz where we can see the amount of free space left on the USB partition? That'd be a nice feature, if not.

Thanks for all you do for WebOS, Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Hm, I searched this phrase using the phrase "free space", but didn't see what I was looking for.

Is there anywhere in Internalz where we can see the amount of free space left on the USB partition? That'd be a nice feature, if not.

Thanks for all you do for WebOS, Jason!
    Look in the device info app. It is on the first page of that. As far as I understand it there is no way of calculating just the usb space as apps also take memory and these are not stored on the usb partition.
    Again, just look in device info for free memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Look in the device info app. It is on the first page of that. As far as I understand it there is no way of calculating just the usb space as apps also take memory and these are not stored on the usb partition.
    Again, just look in device info for free memory.
    Thanks!
  14.    #154  
    Here's a v1.2 teaser that I posted on my twitter earlier today:

It's the Ipk Installer. Essentially, this is what you see when you open a .ipk file in Internalz. The info is loaded from the ipk so you have better knowledge of what the .ipk file is before installing it.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Looking good Jason, can't wait to try it out!
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/24/2010 at 07:27 AM.
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Looking good Jason, can't wait to try it ou!
    You're in my beta group, go try it Latest build was put in the dropbox a few hours ago

I know, I was being a smart a double s. I've installed it already and left feedback.
    How soon do you think it will come out for those that are not in the beta group.

I don't think I am at present.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Tentatively scheduled for release today.
  20.    #160  
    There's no "tentative" about it . It's basically done right now.

However I've been up 30+ hours straight so far and am running on empty. I'll be getting some sleep now and once I walk up in the afternoon I'm doing a full proper release for it

You guys are gonna love all the goodies stuffed into the update

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast