Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus013 View Post
    Using Preware, I installed File coaster. It was success. I then in stalled FileMgr Service successfully. It said I won't see it in the launcher since it is a service.

Now, I typed in the URL for Internalz. It downloads but doesn't install. I get an install error.

So I tried just DLing the ipk and drop and drag using Preware. The DOS windows says successful but I don't see it after restarting several times.

Next I tried restarting and then turning of wifi. Then repeating File Coaster and Preware methods to install.

Anyone have a idea what is going wrong?
    Not sure what is going wrong, but did you try searching in Applications in Preware for Internalz and installing it that way? That's how I did it and I had no problems. You can also search WOSQI in the Applications drop-down list (use the Blue Arrow on the first page) and install it that way. But you cannnot use drag and drop with Preware. Give either of these methods a try and let us know if you were successful.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Not sure what is going wrong, but did you try searching in Applications in Preware for Internalz and installing it that way? That's how I did it and I had no problems. You can also search WOSQI in the Applications drop-down list (use the Blue Arrow on the first page) and install it that way. But you cannnot use drag and drop with Preware. Give either of these methods a try and let us know if you were successful.
    You are correct. I have PreBrew installed. Should I uninstall Prebrew.

I'll give your instructions a try and post my results.

Thanks for the assist.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus013 View Post
    Using Preware, I installed File coaster. It was success. I then in stalled FileMgr Service successfully. It said I won't see it in the launcher since it is a service.

Now, I typed in the URL for Internalz. It downloads but doesn't install. I get an install error.

So I tried just DLing the ipk and drop and drag using Preware. The DOS windows says successful but I don't see it after restarting several times.

Next I tried restarting and then turning of wifi. Then repeating File Coaster and Preware methods to install.

Anyone have a idea what is going wrong?
    I have the same issue (I think). I installed Internalz using Preware (it installed the FileMgr service automatically) and it doesn't show up in my App Launcher. I've tried a reinstall, but still no go.

I'm on the AT&T 1.4.2 version.
    I got it to work. I had to install Preware, and WebOS Quick Install. When I did that, I went to Device Management. From there I saw Internalz installed. What I did then was uninstall a game then restarted.

Poof, it appeared in the Launcher. Now I am a child in a candy store.

Now to setup my Payapal for a DONATION.

THANKS Blaize for the help. THANKS Jason for the work!
    [QUOTE=

Go to /var/luna/data/emails/ There, you'll see a lot of bucket folders. You attachments are scattered throughout them.[/QUOTE]

is there anyway to tell which buckets contain the most recent attachments from emails?
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Good Job Jason,
    My Pre would be crippled without a file browser. I was spoiled by my Nokias all having that feature. Thanks for adding it. I donated.
    Jason - I just sent you a donation. Thanks for all your great work on WebOS. I have only been using the Pre+ for a week. With you work its make using the Pre a much bettern experience.

Now I am looking for a way to edit Luna.conf. I was hoping to use Internalz to handle that. Is there a "pro" version for the more adventurous people?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Jason - I just sent you a donation. Thanks for all your great work on WebOS. I have only been using the Pre+ for a week. With you work its make using the Pre a much bettern experience.

Now I am looking for a way to edit Luna.conf. I was hoping to use Internalz to handle that. Is there a "pro" version for the more adventurous people?
    v1.1 is coming soon and will have a "Master Mode" option to remove write/delete restrictions on Internalz. It'll also include much better text file handling
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I have what is no doubt a stupid question, but I don't know where to ask it except here.

If I mark a file "Hidden" it's hidden from Internalz alright, but other apps (in this case "Videos") can still see it just fine. Perhaps I don't understand what the "Hidden" attribute does, or how to hide discrete material...

In spite of my denseness, I think this is a great app. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    v1.1 is coming soon
    Will this version allow searching for files on your Pre?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Ok, I finally jumped into the homebrew pool. The water wasn't nearly as cold as I expected :-) I've read everything, I've searched the discussions and I can't find how to rename a directory. I can rename a file, I can create a directory, I can rescan fileindexer, but I can't seem to get directory info to rename them.

Thanks in advance!

I'd also like to chine in on the ability to copy or move multiple files at the same time.

Awesome job on this and the tutorials that got me to jump in head first!
    Internalz is great. However, I had some issues renaming ringtones for use with the Separate Ringtone for Unknown/blocked Callers patch.

I changed the name of a ringtone "Who Can it be Now" with Internalz to ringtoneforunknown.m4a, but the ringtone didn't work for the patch because I learned that it has to be an mp3. So I then renamed this via Internalz back to "Who Can it be Now", Luna reset, but it still showed up in Ringtones as ringtoneforunknown.m4a. Via Internalz (and USB and) - it showed up correctly as WhoCanItBeNow.m4a. Hmmm, are there some restrictions on renaming files?
    how do you rename a file at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    how do you rename a file at all?
    Tap the file, click info, then where the name is at the top, tap in the box and edit, then tap outside the box to save.
    Is there a way to arrange ringtones alphabetically? They are alphabetical in Internalz but not in the list in the Pre.
    Laissez Faire
    what all is this for? I am new to all this and I don't know what half of this stuff is for. I do love learning how to get the most out of my pixi though. Can someone email me everything I need to know about un locking the true power of my phone plz. Thank you
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverVortex View Post
    what all is this for? I am new to all this and I don't know what half of this stuff is for. I do love learning how to get the most out of my pixi though. Can someone email me everything I need to know about un locking the true power of my phone plz. Thank you
    Sure.
    Why don't you just post your full name & address, date of birth, social security number and email address and we'll send you everything.
    Post a bank account number and we'll even put some money in there, just for asking so nicely.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    That was uncalled for. I am just trying to learn everything I can, I have to start somewhere just like a lot people. Excuse me for trying to figure out what all the stuff on this site does.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverVortex View Post
    That was uncalled for. I am just trying to learn everything I can, I have to start somewhere just like a lot people. Excuse me for trying to figure out what all the stuff on this site does.
    There is a newbie thread somewhere, look under the webos tips and tricks sub forum. Most of the posts or descriptions of the apps should give you most of what you need to know, but to be honest I just loved finding out through downloading and firguring the apps out for myself. People are willing to help you if you have a specific problem but be prepared to search also, you will understand better this way and learn more.
    By the way, the most basic description is that Internalz is a file manager, so is like viewing your usb drive in an app, it allows you to rename your music, photos etc and to create new folders and move the media to those folders.
    thanks amazing app