Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Jason ... thanks for all you have done for this community. Great to have people like you to make great improvements on already great products.

I am, however, receiving an error message after installing. When I first open the app, I receive this error message: ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running

I know I've probably done something wrong here. Thoughts? Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    good news, v1.0.1 is out:

v1.0.1 - April 22, 2010
    - Fixes localization issues with French and Italian devices
    Damn why it took so long.. I waited almost 15 minutes

Just tested it and everything's working fine now... thanks !
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post
    Jason ... thanks for all you have done for this community. Great to have people like you to make great improvements on already great products.

I am, however, receiving an error message after installing. When I first open the app, I receive this error message: ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running

I know I've probably done something wrong here. Thoughts? Thanks...
    Make sure you have FileMgr installed. If you do, just try a device restart.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Amazing stuff, mate. Lovely interface and very zippy. Appreciate all your hard work.

Happy B-day as well. ;-)
    good news, v1.0.1 is out:

v1.0.1 - April 22, 2010
    - Fixes localization issues with French and Italian devices
    Thank's a lot. The support is so fast that I have the impression to be part of the team in improving a software.

Again I understand why we call you "the magnificent" with all that devotion to a development platform.

Best regards!
    Make sure you have FileMgr installed. If you do, just try a device restart.
    Yeppers ... that's what it was.

All fixed - thanks, Jason!
    i am getting a error "ca.cannucksoftware.filemgr is not running." thing
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coreytang1 View Post
    i am getting a error "ca.cannucksoftware.filemgr is not running." thing
    The answer is a few posts before yours...

HTH,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Yes and yes.

The text editor opens the following file extensions:
    "sh", "bat", "service", "mk", "html", "mhtml", "htm", "xml", "jsjsjs&$quot$;, &$quot$;$css$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$json$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$php$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$txt$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$log$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$conf$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$ini$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$c$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$cpp$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$cs$&$quot$;, &$quot$;vbvbvb&$quot$;, &$quot$;$java$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$patch$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$control$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$list$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$postinst$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$prerm$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$cfg$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$packages$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$properties$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$config$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$orig$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$script$&$quot$;

And provided the file if in /media/internal, /media/cryptofs/apps, or /var, you can edit and save said files too.
    Thanks for a great app. It would be nice if the editor could try and open any file type. Quite a few files without an extension are text files and it would be great to be able to view/edit these e.g. the scripts in event.d

Also a preference switch to allow saving of files in directories other than /media etc. would be a great addition.

Gx
    PS Ill be donating soon
    I installed 1.0.1 on a pre plus (running 1.4.0).

When I open Internalz I get a error message window:"Service Method Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:ca/canucksoftware/FileMgr$JSONSorter/media/"

it starts in the media/internal directory, but no other files/directories are shown.
    The program stays open and when I select the ".." directory (all that is shown), I get the error message again.

Should I just uninstall and reinstall again (did it originally through a preware update).

Jordan
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Also a preference switch to allow saving of files in directories other than /media etc. would be a great addition.
    /var is allowed too

yea, next big version update will remove those restrictions

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Should I just uninstall and reinstall again (did it originally through a preware update).
    Try restarting the device. If ya still get the error, then yes, try uninstalling then reinstalling

Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Great work! Definitely donating one question will the file manager ever have zip/unzip ability with password support ie. 7zip?? That would blow me away
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Next version I hope to allow unrestricted full-device writing/delete access, so for that release I'll modify the directory-chooser to allow that
    Awesome. Thank you very much. I sure hope Palm gets their act together. I can't see myself using any other mobile OS with all the app's and patches created by you Jason, and the rest of the community.
    And many more years of such great programming..[
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by prebus2; 04/23/2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: problem solved
    jason, thanks!
    I love that now we can use landscape with "tiny" font !

btw... The same "bug" still exists (related to fileindexer?) where a folder has 100+ files in it and you have scrolled to say the 50th file and delete it... The screen goes blank (white) and the only way to see the file listing again is to perform a scrolling gesture on the screen.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    Loving this new version!!! One more request...any chance we can get more than 1 home location? I would like to set 2 or 3 quick-bookmarks.

thanks again!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by prebus2 View Post
    And many more years of such great programming...
    I have a little problem: Internalz starts alright in German and then stops with the annexed error. When I updated the two files via Preware's update notifications I started with Filemgr but did not do a Luna restart right away. I then updated Internalz and an upgrade from the app-catalog. Then I did a Luna restart.
    Hope this casts only a wee small shadow ;-)
    luna restart wouldn't be enough, you'd probably need to do a full device restart to fix that issue. If that doesn't fix it, reinstall using WOSQI,

thanks for an awesome app!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    When I open Internalz, I recieve the following error:

Service Method Exception;
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
    ca/canucksoftware/filemgr$JSONSorter/media/

I cannot access any of the files in my pre.

Any ideas on how I can remedy this error? Thanks.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast