Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    thank you for making this happen!!!

i was playing around with moving some youtube movie clips i've d/l from the "downloads" folder into a new folder called "videos" that i created using Internalz. however, when i launched the Video app, i am seeing two references for each of the movie clip. the first one points to the old location and will not play, while the sedond one will.

is there something that i need to do to force the Video app to rescan and update the references properly?
    Firefox Fennec, the PDK, and now a real file manager? That iPhone HD is looking a lot less interesting to me now.
    Can't wait for the C40.
    BTW, can this be installed in the emulator?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Great job, Jason. Very nice. Question: any chance I can talk you into allowing us to set the home directory as / ? I'd like to be able to edit my autotext file, or have the option to edit my crontab without plugging in the usb cable, etc.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    It works great and congrats on a wonderful app. However, I just tried adding a directory in /media/internal/DCIM/100Palm. It shows up in Internalz and even shows up when I make a USB connection to my desktop, but it doesn't show up in the Photos app. I tried adding a directory while in USB mode and that one shows up in the Photos app but not the one added using Internalz. Any ideas?
    Happy Birthday Jason!!! and thanks for this excellent app. You're the man!!!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Sorry but it doesn't work here... don't know why.

The only thing I see when I start Internalz is the splash screen with the image of the big grey folder with "Internalz" written on it... forever.

I updated to 1.0 using Preware, restarted the Pre, no luck.
    I completely uninstall both the FileMgr service and Internalz and restarted the Pre. Then I started Preware, install FileMgr, restart the phone, install Internalz with Preware, restart the phone... and samething again, the app never starts.

The previous version of Internalz was working well... don't know what's happening now. Could it be because my Pre is set to "french" (I'm French-Canadian).

Thanks !
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Well, this is great. When I get a job and can put food on the table again I will be sure to donate. Sigh.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Ooops. Sorry. I just checked back and the directory showed up. I guess it takes some time for the Photos app to scan the directories. I checked it 10 minutes ago and it wasn't there and now it is.
    Questions I had about Internalz.

Seems we are interested in the text editor that you supplied. And right now, I have not tried the new Internalz, I was too excited to to thank you!

I saw in the video that we are able to created and make a text file!

My questions are:

We can create a text file but can we edit a text file?

Can we edit a .xml file.

The reason I ask about the .xml file is that basically it is a text but in a certain format.

Since drpodder and (soon to be) Newsroom create .xml files so that we can use them to restore our feeds for those two programs. I would like to be able to edit those files as well to make small changes.

Thanks Jason!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    [...]
    is there something that i need to do to force the Video app to rescan and update the references properly?
    hmm, that shouldn't happen. However, my Advanced Options in Launcher patch has a button to rescan fileindexer. Should fix the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    BTW, can this be installed in the emulator?
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Great job, Jason. Very nice. Question: any chance I can talk you into allowing us to set the home directory as / ? I'd like to be able to edit my autotext file, or have the option to edit my crontab without plugging in the usb cable, etc.
    Next version I hope to allow unrestricted full-device writing/delete access, so for that release I'll modify the directory-chooser to allow that

Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    Ooops. Sorry. I just checked back and the directory showed up. I guess it takes some time for the Photos app to scan the directories. I checked it 10 minutes ago and it wasn't there and now it is.
    yea, gotta wait for fileindexer to catch the change

Quote Originally Posted by F_r_a_n_k View Post
    The previous version of Internalz was working well... don't know what's happening now. Could it be because my Pre is set to "french" (I'm French-Canadian).
    hmm, I see this error as well. I'll look into it. Seems to be affecting both French and Italian devices only. Sorry about the inconvenience.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    We can create a text file but can we edit a text file?

Can we edit a .xml file.
    Yes and yes.

The text editor opens the following file extensions:
    "sh", "bat", "service", "mk", "html", "mhtml", "htm", "xml", "jsjsjs&$quot$;, &$quot$;$css$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$json$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$php$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$txt$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$log$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$conf$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$ini$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$c$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$cpp$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$cs$&$quot$;, &$quot$;vbvbvb&$quot$;, &$quot$;$java$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$patch$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$control$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$list$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$postinst$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$prerm$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$cfg$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$packages$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$properties$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$config$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$orig$&$quot$;, &$quot$;$script$&$quot$;

And provided the file if in /media/internal, /media/cryptofs/apps, or /var, you can edit and save said files too.

Oh, and I'm surprised no one noticed, but the image viewer has basic support for animated gifs

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

The only thing I see when I start Internalz is the splash screen with the image of the big grey folder with "Internalz" written on it... forever.

I completely uninstall both the FileMgr service and Internalz and restarted the Pre. Then I started Preware, install FileMgr, restart the phone, install Internalz with Preware, restart the phone... and samething again, the app never starts.

Thanks !
    Absolutely, I have the same problem. I switch to english and it worked. I hope this is something that could be quick fix. Jason put so much efforts to ease the use of the prprpr $and$ $the$ $0$.$32$ $was$ $working$ $well$ $in$ $french$ $language$. $I$ $know$ $very$ $few$ $in$ $programming$ $but$ $sometime$ $a$ $small$ $request$ $could$ $engage$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $effort$. $I$ $hope$ $this$ $would$ $not$ $be$ $the$ $case$.

Regards,

Thanks Jason!

Edit: Jason is so fast to reponds that I did not have time to write my comment and he already knew about the situation.
    Last edited by cmflouis; 04/22/2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: so fast
    Happy birthday mate, just to let you know I have donated.

I have a feature request! Could you enable the text editor to handle files without any file extension? (for example, I'd like to be able to edit /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_gb/text-edit-autoreplace using your built in text editor).

The update is phenomenal, it's exactly what we needed. So thanks
    If you could look into my feature request that'd be awesome.
    SqyArc
    Jason is now officially the Dmittry of webOS.
    I would like to make a special post to wish you a happy birthday and thank you for all your effort in developing very handy tools for the PrPrPr.

Regard,

Thanks !
    Hi Jason

Nice work but ... unfortunitaly same problem for me. My Pre is set up for French-France
    It seems to confirms the problems at least for French regional setting

Looking for an update soon ...

Thanks again for your support
  17.    #37  
    good news, v1.0.1 is out:

v1.0.1 - April 22, 2010
    - Fixes localization issues with French and Italian devices

18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Happy birthday mate, just to let you know I have donated.

I have a feature request! Could you enable the text editor to handle files without any file extension? (for example, I'd like to be able to edit /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_gb/text-edit-autoreplace using your built in text editor).

The update is phenomenal, it's exactly what we needed. So thanks
    If you could look into my feature request that'd be awesome.
    SqyArc
    in the future that'll probably happen, yea, not till 1.1.0 or 1.2.0.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Love it! Amazed Palm hasn't thrown a pile of cash at you to get you to come to work for them. You deserve it! In lieu of that, I donated. Looking forward to much more control over what's on my device! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    good news, v1.0.1 is out:

v1.0.1 - April 22, 2010
    - Fixes localization issues with French and Italian devices
    Wow amazing and dazzling support ... Thanks & happy birthday
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast