Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FileMgr v1.1.9

FileMgr is a powerful custom homebrew webOS service to provide file IO and file management control for Mojo apps.

It's is probably best known for being the component powering my file manager, Internalz.

FileMgr has come a long way. Version 1.0.0 is a huge step forward (and several code rewrites) in an efficient, developer-friendly service.

Although it's closed source, I am publicly releasing an API specsheet for developers to freely use in their applications.

In fact, I know Metaview's app, MapTool, uses FileMgr API to write GPS data to local files on the device.

The API specsheet is attached to this post.

FileMgr can be downloaded from the PreCentral feed as well as from:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filemgr-service.

If you have issues installing via Preware, install via WOSQI and it'll work for sure.

Change Log
    v1.0.0 - April 22, 2010
    - Public release!
    - Too many changed to count between this and 0.5.1
    - It's practically a new service compared to before

v1.1.0 - July 25, 2010
    - Added special write/delete permissions for service calls originating from Internalz for its "Master Mode"
    - Implemented and debugged fat32 readonly attribute set/get functions
    - Implemented and debugged linux permissions set/get functions
    - Added subscription option for "read" function, for large files
    - Added an optimized form of the WOSQI .patch install/uninstall functions
    - Added ipk package handling functions for getting information, and install/uninstall
    - Added functions for java restart, luna restart, and device restart
    - FileIndexer now rescans after every rename, move, and copy action.

v1.1.1 - August 6, 2010
    - Now uses Palm-style ipk install and uninstall
    - Fixed the rename/move/copy functions so it properly gets the fileindexer to rescan afterwards
    - Altered fileindexer rescan to happen immediately, rather than starting separately in a new thread
    - Altered ipk-related and patcher-related functions to use a much cleaner coded system.
    - Various minor bugfixes

v1.1.2 - August 7, 2010
    - Improved text-file detection
    - Minor code cleanup

v1.1.4 - August 21, 2010
    - Fixed bug preventing patch uninstall
    - Improved ipk info collecting error handling
    - Improved package uninstall script
    - Added image handler setting function for Internalz

v1.1.5 - August 24, 2010
    - Minor bug fixes

v1.1.6 - September 21, 2010
    - Ipk installs check to make sure the system isn't busy
    - Much improved read/write functions

v1.1.7 - September 21, 2010
    - Rescans fileindexer after file/directory deletion

v1.1.8 - September 21, 2010
    - Fixed an issue with 1.1.6/1.1.7 that prevented ipk install/uninstall

v1.1.9 - September 23, 2010
    - Improved error handling
    - Added a public function to check if Internalz is installed
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/23/2010 at 11:39 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Getting install errors so far....How do I copy log to show you?

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Getting install errors so far....How do I copy log to show you?
    odd, worked fine in all the tests. Try installing with WebOS Quick Install. Oh, and the easiest way to get the ipkg log from preware is screenshots.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    ok, trying webOSQI now

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

this is great!!! Another donation is heading your way shortly!

also, preware now has a "email ipkg log" function, so no longer need to take screenshots!
    Last edited by Audemars02; 04/22/2010 at 01:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    ok, installed correctly now with webOSQI.

Not sure why Preware was giving me the install errors but it's up and running now....

Thanks again for your hard work!!
    Last edited by imex99; 04/22/2010 at 09:07 AM.

Do I need to install both FileMGR and Internalz? If so, is there a certain order I need to install them in??

Looks like a great funtction to add to my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by onekairos View Post
    Do I need to install both FileMGR and Internalz? If so, is there a certain order I need to install them in??

If you find Internalz in the PreCentral feed via preware, it will automatically ask to install FileMGR with it.
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by onekairos View Post

If you install from Preware, installing Internalz should install FileMgr as well.

If you install from WebOS Quick Install, you can install both at the same time or both separately in any order. just keep in mind, until FileMgr makes it onto the device, you'll get errors in Internalz if you open it.

Jason, this application is AMAZING. I've been dying for this. This is sort of one of those "Smartphone" features that should be built into the OS by default. Thanks so much.
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    I installed both FileMgr and Internalz yesterday via Preware, did the update today and it works fine. This is excellent! Thanks Jason
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Thanks Jason,

Everytime i turn around you have another great tool out..

This along with the patch creator has made my week lol . keep it up my man
    I'm trying to update filemgr via preware but I keep getting an error. The ipkg log is below (don't understand it), would you be able to help, thank you.

Install
    Begin installation of ca.canucksoftware.filemgr
    Upgrading ca.canucksoftware.filemgr on root from 0.5.1 to 1.0.0...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._1.0.0_all.ipk
    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    Failed to download ca.canucksoftware.filemgr. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-Ex1r1F http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._1.0.0_all.ipk'
    wget: content-length 148 is garbage
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation
    Love the updated version of Internals. Thank you!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Argh. I tried to update via Preware, and the phone stayed offline after the java restart. I did a full Luna restart when the phone didn't come back online after the java restart. Something is preventing the telephony service from starting. I get no carrier display in the upper left. EVDO is working normally. Doing a full device restart now.. Will plug into usb so I can better check the log files if the phone doesn't come online.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Argh. I tried to update via Preware, and the phone stayed offline after the java restart. I did a full Luna restart when the phone didn't come back online after the java restart. Something is preventing the telephony service from starting. I get no carrier display in the upper left. EVDO is working normally. Doing a full device restart now.. Will plug into usb so I can better check the log files if the phone doesn't come online.
    Luna restart only affects LunaSysMgr. You'd need to do a full device restart

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    FileMgr v1.0.0

FileMgr is a powerful custom homebrew webOS service to provide file IO and file management control for Mojo apps.

It's is probably best known for being the component powering my file manager, Internalz.

FileMgr has come a long way. Version 1.0.0 is a huge step forward (and several code rewrites) in an efficient, developer-friendly service.

Although it's closed source, I am publicly releasing an API specsheet for developers to freely use in their applications.

In fact, I know Metaview's app, MapTool, uses FileMgr API to write GPS data to local files on the device.

The API specsheet is attached to this post.

FileMgr can be downloaded from the PreCentral feed as well as from:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filemgr-service.

If you have issues installing via Preware, install via WOSQI and it'll work for sure.

Change Log
    v1.0.0 - April 22, 2010
    - Public release!
    - Too many changed to count between this and 0.5.1
    - It's practically a new service compared to before

Hi Jason. How do you deploy the FileMgr service within an app and install it on another device? Thanks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Luna restart only affects LunaSysMgr. You'd need to do a full device restart
    The phone still came up offline after a full restart, but at least the radio was working. Turning airplane mode on and then off got everything working again. Strange. I'll try installing it from webosqi this evening.

Do you think updating Internalz and FMS from the previous version using Preware could have caused it, vs a new install? I wouldn't think so.. I also had JStop running in the background at the time, but I don't remember ever seeing any warnings about that. I'll chalk it up to fluke for now.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by donfly View Post
    Hi Jason. How do you deploy the FileMgr service within an app and install it on another device? Thanks?
    well, if you mean physically include, you can't really. Developers can tell their users to also install it manually, or can add "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr" as a depends for their package. And the api sheet shows how to access FileMgr.

What is 1.0.1 all about?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast