Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    And to those experiencing 404 curl errors in Preware, just download the ipk from the P|C Homebrew Gallery and install that with WOSQI.
    1.1.8 is now available via Preware and installs with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I can vouch for that. The URL error has gone away. FileMgr has installed without a problem.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Though for read function, you can set a parameter "subscribe" to true and it'll read/return 200k bytes at a time.
    How does that 200k compare to the alternative of subscribe equals false? And for that matter, what are the pros/cons of each?
    Thanks
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    How does that 200k compare to the alternative of subscribe equals false? And for that matter, what are the pros/cons of each?
    Thanks
    without "subscribe" or "subscribe" to false, FileMgr will not limit itself to 200k bytes. That can be a problem for large files, which can overload the service if too big. I personally recommend using the subscription method. It's what's currently in-use with the Text Editor in Internalz. The additional benefit with subscription is that you can use the "size" function first, then depending on the total amount of text received at any given time, create a % value to show how much of the file has been read. As of Internalz v1.3.2, the Text Editor demonstrates this. As you load a large file, Internalz displays the % loaded
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I concur. Installed via Preware a few minutes ago.
    without "subscribe" or "subscribe" to false, FileMgr will not limit itself to 200k bytes. That can be a problem for large files, which can overload the service if too big. I personally recommend using the subscription method. It's what's currently in-use with the Text Editor in Internalz. The additional benefit with subscription is that you can use the "size" function first, then depending on the total amount of text received at any given time, create a % value to show how much of the file has been read. As of Internalz v1.3.2, the Text Editor demonstrates this. As you load a large file, Internalz displays the % loaded
    Very cool. I'm looking into that right now. I like it a lot..
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    i am still having difficulty to install from preware. Still return error 404 message. I am on the uk o2 palm pre plus running 1.4.5. Interestingly, is there something wrong with the precentral homebrew app download? I can't even download from there.
    Last edited by mozzilla; 09/23/2010 at 11:20 AM.
  8.    #88  
    Minor update:

v1.1.9 - September 23, 2010
    - Improved error handling
    - Added a public function to check if Internalz is installed

Now available on the P|C Homebrew Gallery and should be on the ipkg feed within an hour or so.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I just tried updating to v1.1.8 from v1.1.5 and get a 404 error. Is anybody else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Theres currently an issue with the feeds where certain packages are being redirected incorrectly.
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty2u View Post
    I just tried updating to v1.1.8 from v1.1.5 and get a 404 error. Is anybody else having this problem?
    if ya look up 2 posts, you'll see, yep, others are

Please contact WebOS-Internals about the issue, as it's an issue on their end, it would appear.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Update: Its a simple rewrite issue. No idea if its fixed yet or not.

Edit: 1.1.9 is working however.
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    eek where did filemgr go? i was smart and uninstalled the filemgr service and now i cant find it anywhere not in preware or QI. where is it?
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdsurfer View Post
    eek where did filemgr go? i was smart and uninstalled the filemgr service and now i cant find it anywhere not in preware or QI. where is it?
    when in doubt, just install the .ipk from the P|C Homebrew Gallery page

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Thank you for your work
    Any plan to add APIs for creating symbolic link?
    Hi Jason,
    You mention that an entirely rewritten version of FileMgr Service (written in C) is on the horizon. Are there any compatibility issues I'd need to worry about regarding using the upcoming FileMgr Service in my app in the future?

Also a feature request if I may.... Please incorporate filtering options in the service calls to FileMgr service. The only filter I'm really interested in is a filter that would return only files with song file extensions (eg. ".mp3" or ".wav", etc.). Right now I need to use a FOR loop in my code to weed out all none song files, and it causes a performance hit in the ListView scene of FFplayer. Such a filter would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Hi Jason,
    You mention that an entirely rewritten version of FileMgr Service (written in C) is on the horizon. Are there any compatibility issues I'd need to worry about regarding using the upcoming FileMgr Service in my app in the future?

Also a feature request if I may.... Please incorporate filtering options in the service calls to FileMgr service. The only filter I'm really interested in is a filter that would return only files with song file extensions (eg. ".mp3" or ".wav", etc.). Right now I need to use a FOR loop in my code to weed out all none song files, and it causes a performance hit in the ListView scene of FFplayer. Such a filter would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    I'm going to try and keep the API for the C rewrite as close as possible, if not exactly the same, as the current FileMgr API. I'm not sure about filters, but I'll try and put it on the to-do list. In the end, it'd probably end up being a for-loop anyway, heh.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Looked through all the pages and have not seen an answer so I will post again.

When trying to install filemgr with preware I get this error.

-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_1.1.9_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._1.1.9_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    161 161 161 161 0 0 239 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1712
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
    Any help would be great guys.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast