Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I did have one strange thing happen to me after installing FileMgr 1.1.2. I tapped OK to allow java restart and nothing happened. I went into Luna Manager and performed a java restart that way.

I then enabled brightness unlimited, which I only use to turn off the screen when I place it on the touchstone. This time, when I put the phone on the touchstone, nothing happened. It would not charge. I turned off brightness unlimited and tried again, still would not charge. I tried a second touchstone, same thing, no charge.

I then went into device options and did a restart. After that, the phone started working fine on the touchstone. That's the first time I've ever seen that happen. Now, this is a new replacement Pre that I've had for about 4 days now, it's not a refurb, Recondition status says: no.

Not sure what caused the problem but just thought I'd report it since I had just updated FileMgr prior to that.

I'm on Sprint, webOS 1.4.1.1. with no overclocking.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I updated FileMgr Sunday afternoon. I said ok to the request to restart java and noticed it didn't do the restart. Monday morning I looked at my phone and noticed "Phone Offline" was displayed instead of "Sprint". I looked around my Pre and couldn't find anything that would let me enable the phone. Data worked just fine, but no voice and no txt's. I removed Internalz and FileMgr. That didn't help. I found threads from last year saying 'had to get a new phone', 'Doctoring didn't fix it so Sprint replaced my phone', etc. I finally found another thread that was from this year and they suggested turning Airplane mode on and back off. After the third time trying that it came back on-line.

I added Internalz back to my phone and said ok to the restart java request. No reset occurred and the phone went offline. 3 resets and countless toggling of airplane mode on and off and it finally came back.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    SPH-8500-->600-->650-->700-->755p-->Pre
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by n5nhl View Post
    I updated FileMgr Sunday afternoon. I said ok to the request to restart java and noticed it didn't do the restart. Monday morning I looked at my phone and noticed "Phone Offline" was displayed instead of "Sprint".
    Sounds like it did restart java. Keep in mind the only visible marker that a java restart is happening is the temporary loss of phone connection. However if the phone connection didn't return after a few minutes, then a device restart should have fixed the problem.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Installed fine for me. I first upgraded WebOS to v1.4.5 then I upgraded Filemanager service. By the way, does the API specsheet change at all as a result of these recent updates? PS. It would be more convenient if you posted the changelog on the 1st page of this thread ;-) As always thanks for all of your hard work!
    For a couple weeks now I've been trying to create a simple app using the API specsheet for the FileMgr service. All I want to do is populate a List Widget using the "listDirs" Service Call.

I've successfully followed the various tutorials found in this thread...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-tutorial.html

...but when I try to modify the code so that I use a custom service call, it doesn't work. Before I even begin to mess with the "payload", I just want to make sure everything is communicating properly - and its NOT. I think the problem lies in how I'm accessing "this.myModel" from within "onSuccess".

Can somebody please help me?

Code:
    function HomeAssistant() { 
     this.myModel = {};
     } 

HomeAssistant.prototype.setup = function() { 
            this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://ca.canucksoftware.filemgr', {
                    method: 'listDirs',
                    parameters: {
                            path: "/media/internal",
                            sort: 1
                    },
                    onSuccess: function(payload) {
    		    this.myModel =  
    		    { 
    			items : [ 
    				   {myTitle:'First'}, 
    				   {myTitle:'Second'}, 
    				   {myTitle:'Third'}
    				] 
    		    }; 
                    },
                    onFailure: function(err) {
                            Mojo.Controller.errorDialog(err.errorText);
                    }
            });
        this.controller.setupWidget("myListWidget", 
    	{ 
    	  itemTemplate: 'home/myItemTemplate', 
    	  listTemplate: 'home/myListTemplate' 
    	}, 
    	this.myModel); 
     }
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    For a couple weeks now I've been trying to create a simple app using the API specsheet for the FileMgr service. All I want to do is populate a List Widget using the "listDirs" Service Call.

I've successfully followed the various tutorials found in this thread...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-tutorial.html

...but when I try to modify the code so that I use a custom service call, it doesn't work. Before I even begin to mess with the "payload", I just want to make sure everything is communicating properly - and its NOT. I think the problem lies in how I'm accessing "this.myModel" from within "onSuccess".

Can somebody please help me?

Code:
     this.myModel = {};
     } 

path: "/media/internal",
                            sort: 1
                    },
                    onSuccess: function(payload) {
    		    this.myModel =  
    		    { 
    			items : [ 
    				   {myTitle:'First'}, 
    				   {myTitle:'Second'}, 
    				   {myTitle:'Third'}
    				] 
    		    }; 
                    },
                    }
            });
    	{ 
    	}, 
    	this.myModel); 
     }
    Oh, that's my bad; I forgot to update the specsheet with v1.1.0

The params for the current listDirs and listFiles are:
    Code:
    path - string - path for the directory to scan
    sort - string - (optional) what to sort by; either "name" or "size" or "type"
    ascending - boolean - (optional) whether or not to sort ascending
    ignoreHidden - boolean - (optional) whether or not to ignore hidden directories/files
    That said, looking at your code, you'll want to add ".bind(this)" to the end of the onSuccess function so you'll be able to properly reference this.myModel

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Thank you very much Jason! I finally got it working. I'm posting the complete code of my home-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $here$ $so$ $that$ $others$ $can$ $find$ $it$ $in$ $the$ $future$ ($I$ $know$ $I$ $heavily$ $rely$ $on$ $searching$ $through$ $old$ $threads$ $myself$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $learn$ $stuff$).

Code:
     this.myModel = {};
     } 

path: "/media/internal"
                    },
                    onSuccess: this.mySuccess.bind(this),
                    }
            });

{ 
    	}, 
    	this.myModel); 
     }

HomeAssistant.prototype.mySuccess = function(payload) {
             this.myModel.items = payload.items;
             this.controller.modelChanged(this.myModel);
    }
  8.    #68  
    I've just submitted the FileMgr v1.1.4 update. Should be on the feeds shortly

v1.1.4 - August 21, 2010
    - Fixed bug preventing patch uninstall
    - Improved ipk info collecting error handling
    - Improved package uninstall script
    - Added image handler setting function for Internalz

Thanks for the update Jason R.

"-Added image handler setting function for Internalz"

What exactly does that mean? I do not see a change in Internalz for images.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Thanks for the update Jason R.

"-Added image handler setting function for Internalz"

What exactly does that mean? I do not see a change in Internalz for images.
    That'll be incorporated into the next public release of Internalz, v1.3

Edit: Another new update

v1.1.5 - August 24, 2010
    - Minor bug fixes
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/24/2010 at 06:13 PM.

11.    #71  
    New update.

v1.1.6 - September 21, 2010
    - Ipk installs check to make sure the system isn't busy
    - Much improved read/write functions

EDIT: Another minor update:

v1.1.7 - September 21, 2010
    - Rescans fileindexer after file/directory deletion
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/21/2010 at 03:32 PM.

Jason -- by no means am I suggesting that FileMgr/Internalz is responsible for this, but I have a question for you...

prior to this most recent update, I noticed that when I exited USB Mode and went to the Photos, I would get a message saying something to the extent of "please eject the device before using this app" and I would not be able to access any photos or videos on the device (or any documents, etc)... if I went into Internalz, changed a filename (to get the device to rescan), and went back to the photos app, the message would go away and i would see the "spinning circle" for a few minutes before anything would be accessible.

I just tried this again after the update to your apps/services, and I got the same "please eject" message, but after about 30 seconds, it went away and the spinning circle came up and did the scan on its own.

does any of this make sense? any idea why this is happening, or if there is a way to not need to have it rescan after a usb mode (or do I just need to deal with it?)

thanks
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Odd, no idea really. I'll look into possible causes, but I've never experienced that and you're the first I've heard with that issue. Though for what it's worth, Internalz doesn't do a fileindexer rescan after USB mode. It only does such with a file creation/move/copy/rename/deletion.

Edit: Another last version update for tonight. Last one, I promise, lol.

v1.1.8 - September 21, 2010
    - Fixed an issue with 1.1.6/1.1.7 that prevented ipk install/uninstall
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/21/2010 at 05:28 PM.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    When will Preware have the latest update? I'm getting a run command error with 1.1.7.
    Hi Jason,
    With v 1.1.6 you mention improved read/write functions. Is there anything more you can tell me about this, or is it just a performance improvement?

Again thank you very much for creating/maintaining FileMgr Service, not to mention providing your server as the back-end. On that note, I think I'll put a donation link directed to you in my app thread, since as downloads of FFplayer increase, the strain on your server increases as well. I donated to you myself in the past, but I think its time again for another donation from me to you. Thanks for all that you do!

By the way, I was wondering if you'd consider a request for the next version of FileMgr Service... would it be possible for the listFiles method to have a new parameter called music? This parameter would be booleen and if set to true, would only return files with music file extensions (such as .mp3, .wav, etc.). This would result in a great performance boost for my app, so that I don't have to filter out all of the album art files etc. Thanks
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
    I just tried to update via Preware and it looks like the Internalz 1.3.2 succeeded but the FileMgr 1.1.8 failed. I can open Internalz and About shows 1.3.2 with FileMgr 1.1.7.

Problem now is that Preware doesn't see the 1.1.8 update as needed. The IPKG log shows the failure as Unable to run command:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.internalz_1.3.2_all_0.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen....3.2_all_0.ipk 2>&1
    curl: (6) Could not resolve host: ipkg.preware.org (Could not contact DNS servers)

Should I just try an remove Internalz/FileMgr completely and reinstall?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    FileMgr Service not found for download both from PreWare and WebOSQI.

Update: file not found from PreWare and inside WebOSQI it looks for 1.1.7 and its file not found, if i download 1.1.8 directly from the website (here) WebOSQI refuses to recognize it and wont add it to the list of files to be installed.

More better update: redownloaded from website, same file size, 37k, but webOSQI recognized it and installed it and it works, all is well.
    Last edited by jaltman; 09/21/2010 at 06:09 PM.
    I am getting an error when trying to update FileMgr.

To sum it all up,the error reads "The requested URL returned error:404"
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    Hi Jason,
    With v 1.1.6 you mention improved read/write functions. Is there anything more you can tell me about this, or is it just a performance improvement?

By the way, I was wondering if you'd consider a request for the next version of FileMgr Service... would it be possible for the listFiles method to have a new parameter called music? This parameter would be booleen and if set to true, would only return files with music file extensions (such as .mp3, .wav, etc.). This would result in a great performance boost for my app, so that I don't have to filter out all of the album art files etc.
    Mostly just improvement/efficiency related. Though for read function, you can set a parameter "subscribe" to true and it'll read/return 200k bytes at a time.

In regards to adding filters to FileMgr, I most definitely have thought about that; similar to how you can file by extension with the FilePicker in Mojo. However, I will not be adding any new features until after the next update, which will be the big re-write from Java to C.

And to those experiencing 404 curl errors in Preware, just download the ipk from the P|C Homebrew Gallery and install that with WOSQI. Internalz here and FileMgr here.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    When I tried to update I got this error message:

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output/media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_1.1.7_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/ca.canucksoftware.filemgr_1.1.7_all.ipk2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    161 161 161 161 0 0 6777 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1364
    0 161 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

This error is preventing me from update both FileMgr and Internalz. What should I do so I can finish updating?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast