Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    What is 1.0.1 all about?
    if you mean 1.0.1 of Internalz, there's a separate thread for that, but essentially it's just a release to fix Italian and French localization issues
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    if you mean 1.0.1 of Internalz, there's a separate thread for that, but essentially it's just a release to fix Italian and French localization issues
    Oh oops, my bad, I could've sworn I clicked the Internalz thread. Thanks for answering the question so quickly and responsively.
    I seem to have somehow messed up the filemgr download and cannot get it to remove so I can try to reinstall. How may I do this?
    Got it up and goin. Thanks! This is a true gift.
    I guess I am missing something. When I try to open Internalz, it gives an error that filemgr is not running. If I do a search, filemgr does not come up. How do I get filemgr running when I can't find the program? I know it's installed, as they both installed at the same time. Thank you in advance!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I guess I am missing something. When I try to open Internalz, it gives an error that filemgr is not running. If I do a search, filemgr does not come up. How do I get filemgr running when I can't find the program? I know it's installed, as they both installed at the same time. Thank you in advance!
    If it was the first time you installed FileMgr, an app icon for it would be there, and that would tell you if install succeeded or failed.

Try uninstalling your current FileMgr, then reinstall it, then try a device reboot.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Now it's working! Thank you for the quick response.
    I've reinstalled FileMgr 10 times and can't get it working.When I open Internalz it says that filemgr is not running..
    I installed Internalz and FileMgr Service via Preware.

When trying to run Internalz I get the error: ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running.

Any suggestions for resolving the issue ??
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbydigitalbg View Post
    I've reinstalled FileMgr 10 times and can't get it working.When I open Internalz it says that filemgr is not running..
    Quote Originally Posted by freddysmith View Post
    I installed Internalz and FileMgr Service via Preware.

When trying to run Internalz I get the error: ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running.

Any suggestions for resolving the issue ??
    Hmm, odd. Try restarting your device and checking if it works? If not, try installing via WOSQI

reinstalling via WOSQI and rebooting my phone fixed it for me

thanks !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I still can't get it working.
    1.I've installed Internelz and Filemrg service via WOSQI
    2.I've started filemgr app to tell me if the installation was successful.
    3.It said that it's not.
    4.I've restarted and Internalz was still giving me error.
    5.I've reinstalled Filemgr service and still the same.
    I've got the same problem with the backup service for a Backup App.I don't know what's going wrong.
    Last edited by bobbydigitalbg; 04/30/2010 at 06:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    well, if you mean physically include, you can't really. Developers can tell their users to also install it manually, or can add "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr" as a depends for their package. And the api sheet shows how to access FileMgr.
    Thanks Jason,
    I really appreciate your hard work. Would you happen to know if an app which requires FileMgr can make it into the official App Catalog? If so, can IPK Packager be used to package the app for the App Catalog?

Thanks again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbydigitalbg View Post
    I still can't get it working.
    1.I've installed Internelz and Filemrg service via WOSQI
    2.I've started filemgr app to tell me if the installation was successful.
    3.It said that it's not.
    4.I've restarted and Internalz was still giving me error.
    5.I've reinstalled Filemgr service and still the same.
    I've got the same problem with the backup service for a Backup App.I don't know what's going wrong.
    Double check with Jason, but from what I understand File Manager Service is not an app but a service, and it's not something that will launch like an app.

You need to install File Manager Service first, then install Internalz.

Reboot your phone and everything should work.

If you need to, uninstall both first and then try the above.

If not, wait until Jason response to you.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

hi i try to start filemgr but it doesnt work
    what can i do?
    I updated Filemrg in preware because I figure since Internalz uses it on the backend I would need to update it first. After the install was sucessful I did a device restart and when it turned back on my Pre had been reset. I'm scared now. I've only had my pre for about a month now. It is still starting up after I had to resign in to my palm account, and then all my google, aol, yahoo, ect. accounts. I told it to just restart instead of doing a factory reset but I'm concerned that some things will be missing when the device is usable again.

Is this normal? Nobody else seems to have a report of a device reset happening.

Also, will I have to reinstall my apps from the web, betas, and patches?

Edit: Phone back on, most of the apps have translucent icons and a black dot in the upper right corner and the App Catalog is "Restoring applications"

Also, when it had me reenter my passwords, my photobucket account is using the wrong email address (it says jmacgill@photobucket.com). I don't have an email @photobucket.com and one of my google accounts will not log in even though I know I'm using the right email and pass because I just used them to sing in to google on my computer.
    Last edited by JMacGill; 07/25/2010 at 09:32 PM.
    I updated from preware but it tell me "ca.canuksoftware.filemgr is not running" .I also reinstall internalz and filemgr from WebOSQuickInstall .it still tell me ca.canuksoftware.filemgr is not running" after restar my pre. my phone have updated to o2 1.4.5!
    I have installed the filemgr many times,but it still display "installation of filemgr service was unsuccessful.try reinstalling or cantact the developer".
  19.    #39  
    Oops, looks like I forgot to post the v1.1.0 changelog. So here's that, followed by the new v1.1.1's changelog.

v1.1.0 - July 25, 2010
    - Added special write/delete permissions for service calls originating from Internalz for its "Master Mode"
    - Implemented and debugged fat32 readonly attribute set/get functions
    - Implemented and debugged linux permissions set/get functions
    - Added subscription option for "read" function, for large files
    - Added an optimized form of the WOSQI .patch install/uninstall functions
    - Added ipk package handling functions for getting information, and install/uninstall
    - Added functions for java restart, luna restart, and device restart
    - FileIndexer now rescans after every rename, move, and copy action.

v1.1.1 - August 6, 2010
    - Now uses Palm-style ipk install and uninstall
    - Fixed the rename/move/copy functions so it properly gets the fileindexer to rescan afterwards
    - Altered fileindexer rescan to happen immediately, rather than starting separately in a new thread
    - Altered ipk-related and patcher-related functions to use a much cleaner coded system.
    - Various minor bugfixes
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/06/2010 at 05:04 PM.

I just installed this via the "Update" section of Preware. I rebooted as requested and now my pre is coming up with a screen that states

"You are no longer signed in to your Palm Profile on this phone.

If you plan to use this phone again, you can leave the files on your USB drive intact.

If your're done using this phone, you can erase all your data on the phone and return to factory default."

Do I have any way of saving my texts, info and phone in general? I have connected to computer and can't connect as usb drive to salvage what i can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast