Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm nearing the big 1.0 public release of Internalz and FileMgr.

One of the last things I definitely want in there for 1.0 is international language support. For that, I'm gonna need translations for French, Italian, German and Spanish.

I tweeted that I looking for translations, but only got a couple of responses. So I figured I'd post here on the forums

Attached to this post are all the words/phrases in need of translation. I really don't wanna have to rely on Google for translations, lol.

Oh, and occasionally you may see things like "#{filename}". Just think of those as placeholders.

If you can help out, attach any translation to this thread (preferably with the translations on a same line as the English word/phrase, for convenience sake).

Any any help my fellow webOS community can provide would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I've replaced the attached file with an updated list of string up to (and including) v1.3.0.

If are interested in adding localization for a new language not already included in Internalz, just fill in the attached file with appropriate translations and it'll make it in for the next update
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/27/2010 at 05:39 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Translating for es_mx already
    Here's German and French
    Here is my take for french.
    Spanish - Mexico
  6.    #6  
    Spread the word, I'm still looks for an Italian translation

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Here you go! Ciao
  8. iDG
    Hello,
    attached to this message you can find the Italian translation of your text. Some of the translations may be odd, because from the text alone is difficult to understand how it will appear. I will need to check the results in the application to submit a better translation.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Spanish - Mexico
    so mexio speaks a different type of spanish? Loll
  10.    #10  
    Thank you both, baldiprise and iDG. I went from being stranded without an Italian translation to two different ones in the same day.

Also, big thanks to everyone else who contributed translations. You guys show why the webOS community rocks
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/17/2010 at 07:51 AM.

I really want to help you to translate it into Chinese,but it is hard to understand those commands.In fact I don't know which parts are needed to be translated.So if anyone can help to mark which parts are needed to be translated?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hanchn View Post
    I really want to help you to translate it into Chinese,but it is hard to understand those commands.In fact I don't know which parts are needed to be translated.So if anyone can help to mark which parts are needed to be translated?
    currently the webOS doesn't support Chinese localization, but once it does, I'd more than love to add it to Internalz

Given China Telecom already announced it was getting the Pre, hopefully it'll have Chinese localization soon.

The list of phrases and words in the first post are all that would need to be translated.

Chinese Simplified
    wow
    Simplified Chinese
    i likke
  15.    #15  
    So I've come up with a quick and easy way that should allow me to add localization for currently-unsupported languages, like Chinese.

So to those wanting other languages supported, like Chinese, as of Internalz 1.2, you'll have your chance.

Just wanted to give people the heads up, cause 1.2 is making good progress

Hi,
    there is Polish translation. I hope you will be able to read special Polish characters without any problems. By the way, I can't display in Internalz any directories containing Polish characters until I switch on "show hidden" in preferences.
    Thanks for Internalz
    Regards,
    Krecony
  17.    #17  
    Just a heads-up to the people who helped with the Internalz v1.0 translations: the Internalz v1.2 list of new strings that need to be translated will be out soon.

Simplified Chinese and Polish won't be in 1.2.0, but should be in 1.2.5 or 1.3.0 for sure, so feel free to submit translations for those languages too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Simplified Chinese and Polish won't be in 1.2.0, but should be in 1.2.5 or 1.3.0 for sure, so feel free to submit translations for those languages too.
    Hi,
    As soon as you provide text file for 1.2.5 I would try to translate it into Polish. Thank you for your job.
    Regards,
    Krecony
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    so mexio speaks a different type of spanish? Loll
    hehehe.. I didn't read this comment earlier!

Well, there are some subtle differences in how we handle english words, for example, directory can mean "directorio" or "folder" or "carpeta", depending on who translated it.

It's like british and american english

Bring those strings on!!
  20.    #20  
    So here are the new strings that need to be translated.

Very sorry about the delays, but I've been busy getting everything ready and bug-free for v1.2's release.

Sunday, July 25th is the fixed released date for v1.2, so whatever translations I don't get in time, will be left of the release and added in a v1.2.1 update.

Sorry about the short notice, but July 25th is a special day, and want Internalz used to commemorate it.

Note: comments, by me, in the file start with "//" and don't need to be translated. The only lines that need to be translated are the ones in quotations.

So I need translations for the following languages:
    - French
    - Italian
    - German
    - Spanish

And any other translations you may like.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 07/24/2010 at 03:39 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast