Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Here you have German:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Attaches are the strings for v1.3.2. Once the translations are available (or Google Translate if no one comes forward) I'll release the v1.3.2 update

Just a reminder, these are the languages I need translations for:
    - French
    - Italian
    - German
    - Spanish
    - Simplified Chinese
    - Polish

Thanks in advance to those able to offer assistance. You guys are absolutely amazing
    How can I send you my suggested french translation?
    Find suggested Spanish translation (Spanish people feel free to provide any feedback).
    Last edited by Muesli_; 09/19/2010 at 03:40 PM.
    German:
    "Saving..." - "Speichere..."
    "Would you like to reload to the downloaded file?" - "Wollen Sie die heruntergeladene Datei erneut laden?"
    "Set As Wallpaper" - "Als Hintergrundbild setzen"
    "Wallpaper set successfully." - "Hintergrundbild erfolgreich gesetzt."
    "Register as file handler" - "Als Standardanwendung setzen"
    "Register File Handlers?" - "Als Standardanwendung setzen?"
    "This allows outside applications like Web and Email to use Internalz to open and handle particular files." - "Dies erlaubt anderen Anwendungen wie "Web" und "E-Mail" Internalz zu verwenden um Dateien zu öffnen."
    "If another application is already set as the default handler, this will not change that. It will just add Internalz as an alternative option on the Default Applications screen. If there is no current default handler, Internalz will assume the role." - "Wenn bereits eine andere Anwendung als Standardanwendung für den Dateityp definiert ist, wird das nicht geändert. Internalz wird lediglich als weitere Option in der Auswahlliste der Standardanwendungen angeführt".
    "Continue" - "Fortsetzen"
    "Default handler" = "Standardanwendung" (!)
    pulp is mostly right

@taurec: Either your german is crap or your english
    "Saving..." is translated "Wird gespeichert...", definitely not "Speichern" (and also not the misleading "speichere")

your "work" also contains lots of typos...

also uploaded new file with translations
    Quote Originally Posted by Muesli_ View Post
    Find suggested Spanish translation (Spanish people feel free to provide any feedback).
    Awesome work! Now, before I say anything else, let me just say that spanish is not my native language and I'm still just learning it- I am not really fluent in Spanish yet. So take everything I say here with a grain of salt. I That said, I have some very small corrections and things to add to your translation. They're not really corrections, they're more like suggestions. Ok, I'll shut up and get to the point:

You wrote:
    4:"Wallpaper set successfully."= "Imagen de fondo instalada correctamente"
    I'd translate "Wallpaper set successfully." to "Fondo config." instead.
    If you change your Pre or Pixi's language to Spanish (use the Region app) and open the Photos (or in this case Fotos) app and set an image as wallpaper, once it's been set it says "Fondo config."

Also,
    When webOS is in spanish, the "Email" app is called "Correo electrónico", so I'd translate #7 as "Esto permite que aplicaciones externas como Web y Correo electrónico usen Internalz para abrir y manejar archivos determinados."

Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter
    Thx squ33d, "Wird gespeichert" sounds far more natural.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squ33d View Post
    @taurec: Either your german is crap or your english
    "Saving..." is translated "Wird gespeichert...", definitely not "Speichern" (and also not the misleading "speichere")

your "work" also contains lots of typos...
    Hmm.. I think it was just not my day (long one and no coffee .
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb_or_Sam View Post
    Awesome work! Now, before I say anything else, let me just say that spanish is not my native language and I'm still just learning it- I am not really fluent in Spanish yet. So take everything I say here with a grain of salt. I That said, I have some very small corrections and things to add to your translation. They're not really corrections, they're more like suggestions. Ok, I'll shut up and get to the point:

You wrote:
    4:"Wallpaper set successfully."= "Imagen de fondo instalada correctamente"
    I'd translate "Wallpaper set successfully." to "Fondo config." instead.
    If you change your Pre or Pixi's language to Spanish (use the Region app) and open the Photos (or in this case Fotos) app and set an image as wallpaper, once it's been set it says "Fondo config."

Also,
    When webOS is in spanish, the "Email" app is called "Correo electrónico", so I'd translate #7 as "Esto permite que aplicaciones externas como Web y Correo electrónico usen Internalz para abrir y manejar archivos determinados."

Hi. Thanks. I believe you are right. My worry about "Fondo Config." is the absense of context. By itself "Fondo config." doesnt really seem to mean anything unless when seeing that picture and having that little "status button". But yes, I believe for coherence is better.

And, yes, the email word is my fault, as I use it more often. Im definitely in agreement with correo electronico.

So, please Jason, find attached this updated version:

Updated Spanish translation:

1 "Guardando..."

2 "¿Deseas volver a cargar el archivo bajado?"

3 "Usar como fondo"

4 "Imagen de fondo configurada correctamente."
    OR
    "Fondo config."
    (Jason: If is used by Internalz in the same kind of screen than webOS then is definitely "Fondo config.", if just plain text with no picture maybe youd like a little bit of more meaning using the other one)

5 "Registrar como manejador de archivos"

6 "¿Registrar manejadores de archivos?"

7 "Esto permite que aplicaciones externas como Web y Correo electrónico usen Internalz para abrir y manejar archivos determinados."

8 "Si otra aplicación ya esta configurada como el manejador predeterminado, esto no lo cambiará. Sólo añadirá Internalz como una opción alternativa en la pantalla de Aplicaciones Predeterminadas. Si no hay ya un manejador predeterminado Internalz asumirá ese papel."

9 "Continúa"
    Last edited by Muesli_; 09/20/2010 at 05:20 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234