Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Never used palm-packager, where do I get that?
    palm-package is part of the webOS SDK. At various times, the download link for that has not been working. This thread has dowload links in it from HP's site: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...re-almost.html

I've had the most success opening the IPK packager with the 1.6 64-bit JRE. The Java 7 32-bit JRE opened it okay a couple times, then started with the tiny window. I don't have a 64-bit java 7 JRE installed.
    I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit with the latest version of Java.

I started experiencing the small explorer window problem too and found that if I just close and re-open the IPK Packager jar file several times it will eventually open to full size.

Sometimes it takes opening and closing about 10 times, but eventually works.

Hope that helps anyone else having the issue.
    Have to admit that most of this thread is Greek to me...are there some step by step instructions somewhere on how to use the ipk packager? Know how to use (mostly) WOSQI, Preware, Internalz Pro, etc. however not sure where to start here.

Trying to take the steps to backup my TP & Pre 3...Have installed the "nodelete" patch, copied the "applications" & "info" folders, updated WOSQI & Preware. Soon to delete U reload apps however afraid to start until knowing a bit more about this ipk stuff....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wocketman View Post
    Have to admit that most of this thread is Greek to me...are there some step by step instructions somewhere on how to use the ipk packager? Know how to use (mostly) WOSQI, Preware, Internalz Pro, etc. however not sure where to start here.

Trying to take the steps to backup my TP & Pre 3...Have installed the "nodelete" patch, copied the "applications" & "info" folders, updated WOSQI & Preware. Soon to delete U reload apps however afraid to start until knowing a bit more about this ipk stuff....
    To be more specific...do I run the IPK packager from the PC, or on the device? I assume from the PC...however do I use the copied folders/files directly on the device (I copied to "internal"), via USB mode, or use folders/files backed up on the PC and then replace the old ones on the device?

Sorry if I am missing something obvious....
    No answer(s)....? I'm getting that abandoned webos feeling...:-(
    Ipk packer is supposed to be run from a desktop where you have copied the app folders from your device that you intend to turn into ipk's. It is in the form of a java archive package, so it is cross platform. In my experience I was not able to run it from a mac machine; got the small window problem. But it ran fine from Windows 7 + Java versions 6 and 7.
    Preemptive and Paulscarbs like this.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234