Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #41  
    Strange behavior when running the ipk packager. I have Java 1.6 (27) and 1.7 runtime installed in vista. When I run the ipk packager jar file (by right clicking and selecting open), only a small window appears. I clicked on the jar file a bunch of times (maybe 7) and then finally the ipk packager program runs.

    Then after I close it, I can't get it to run again, only the small window.

    When I select open with - only the Java Platform SE Binary appears as an option. Is that right?

    It doesn't matter if I disable either the 1.6 or 1.7 versions of the runtime, still same results. Any ideas?
  2. #42  
    palm-package has options: PKG_DIR [APP_DIR] [SERVICE_DIR...]
    How to enter APP_DIR and SERVICE_DIR into the Ipk packager?
    Or are you using some default directory names?
  3. #43  
    Just noting I also had trouble when loading in (K)Ubuntu 10.04. Running the jar also created a tiny window that couldn't be resized. I cheated... clicked window icon -> Advanced -> Special Window Settings... -> Geometry tab -> Check "Size" with option "Force" set to "800,600". Got the job done, anyhow!


    Code:
    java -version
    java version "1.6.0_26"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)
  4. #44  
    I get the same unresizable window in windows 7. What's wrong?
  5. #45  
    Hmm any ideas?

    ~/Downloads$ java -jar jpkg-webos.jar
    Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
    jpkg-webos.jar
    ~/Downloads$ java -version
    java version "1.6.0_23"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11pre) (6b23~pre11-0ubuntu1.11.10.2)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)


    all the other java stuff is working fine (webosdoc, unified-diff-creator)
  6. mhous33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #46  
    sorry to resurrect this thread, but hopefully this is a good question...
    i've been away from webOS and on android for the last two years; with android, you can create a zip package with desired modified file structure and an updater-script (instruction set) to overwrite individual files or the entire system partition.
    wondering if i can use ipk packager in a similar way to make an ipk that includes a modified file structure and a sh script to copy the files and change permsissions etc.? (like a zip / updater-script in android).
  7. #47  
    how to change default path from /media/cryptofs/apps to something else, like media/internals/wallpaper?
    whatever i set in data.tar.gz file goes to default /media/cryptofs/apps folder.

    thanks!



    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Ipk Packager v1.5

    This is a simply utility to quickly build ipk files. It's cross-platform, so virtually anyone can use it.

    Supports the full range of webOS ipk features, including postinst/prerm scripts and the source JSON details.

    Uses my custom jpkg-webos library: jpkg-webos - Project Hosting on Google Code

    Follows the WebOS-Internals packaging standard: Packaging Standards - WebOS Internals


    In addition, if the folder you select is a webOS app folder (as most would be), several of the text field will auto-load from the appinfo.json file. Saves time that way



    Download Here


    Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image


    This is an MIT opensource release: ipk-packager - Project Hosting on Google Code

    I made this app for 2 reasons: (1) I wanted to test out jpkg-webos java library and (2) for homebrew developers. Testing was successful, so here's it's first public release.

    Up until now, the only way to create advanced homebrew ipk packages (with postinst/prerm scripts) was via Linux commandline scripts. Now, anyone can, and little knowledge is needed.

    Hopefully this can help others, in the same way Unified Diff Creator has helped others


    Change Log
    v1.5 - January 3, 2011
    - Re-added Source field for json
    - Added MinWebOSVersion and MaxWebOSVersion json fields
    - Added custom support for pmPostInstall and pmPreRemove scripts

    v1.32 - December 27, 2010
    - Replaced Source field with a Location field to to immediate priority; Source, and the other new parameters will be included in a future release

    v1.3 - April 16, 2010
    - Fixed an issue preventing palm-style scripts from running
    - Improved appinfo.json detection
    - Fixed source json Type field output

    v1.2 - April 3, 2010
    - Now supports Palm's special pmPostInstall and pmPreRemove scripts
    - Fixed several minor "Author" field issues
    - Improved text field handling overall
    - Increased the screenshot url list to now be 3 lines height
    - Improved Control parsing

    v1.1 - March 29, 2010
    - Automatic Windows-to-Linux endline conversion for postinst/prerm scripts
    - Can auto-detect postinst, and prerm files
    - Can auto-detect and parse control files
    - Fixed issue with package type and architecture not appearing correctly in outputted ipk
    - Fixed issue with description text box always setting caret to end

    v1.0 - March 19, 2010
    - Initial release
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigran80 View Post
    how to change default path from /media/cryptofs/apps to something else, like media/internals/wallpaper?
    whatever i set in data.tar.gz file goes to default /media/cryptofs/apps folder.

    thanks!
    You shouldn't. Why do you want to build a managed package of wallpapers that could easily be deleted and make the package management system confused?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    You shouldn't. Why do you want to build a managed package of wallpapers that could easily be deleted and make the package management system confused?
    i need to create one IPK and push couple wallpapers and bar-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/.

    i create exact structure . creating ipk with packager. but after installation all foders/structure goes to /media/cryptofs/apps.

    how to push them to correct path?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigran80 View Post
    i need to create one IPK and push couple wallpapers and bar-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/.

    i create exact structure . creating ipk with packager. but after installation all foders/structure goes to /media/cryptofs/apps.

    how to push them to correct path?
    You can't write directly to the rootfs. Apps aren't supposed to write there. You can however make a postinst and prerm script that will back up and link/move the files in to place and undo it on uninstall.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    You can't write directly to the rootfs. Apps aren't supposed to write there. You can however make a postinst and prerm script that will back up and link/move the files in to place and undo it on uninstall.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by tigran80; 12/18/2012 at 12:17 PM.
  12. #52  
    is there a way to directly pack a ipk so that /usr/palm/application/ stock apps are packed and then installed to this directory instead of /media/cryptofs/app/usr/palm/applications/ ?

    This is why i ask:
    Working Tasks-app of 2.x on 3.x incl.EAS sync
  13. #53  
    Well, the root path is still /usr/palm/... I think app installation uses an overridden IPKG config, but I'll have to check for sure.
  14. #54  
    Hi, I am using this nice packager under Windows. Unfortunately cannot change the path for the post install script. I only can choose script file via open dialog but in windows, there is a different path then on target device. So clicking on the edit box opens also the dialog. As result installing package ends with "not found" error.

    thanks for reply
  15. #55  
    Wow thank you so much for your program it helped me a lot!
  16. #56  
    Anyone downloaded & used this lately? I haven't until yesterday on my new Windows 7 laptop, the app opens only as a top bar, all I can do is minimize or close.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Anyone downloaded & used this lately? I haven't until yesterday on my new Windows 7 laptop, the app opens only as a top bar, all I can do is minimize or close.
    I seem to recall it doing that to me recently. I was able to start it from a command prompt successfully using java -jar "Ipk Packager.jar" I'm going to rename it so I don't need quotes.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/19/2014 at 09:54 AM.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I seem to recall it doing that to me recently. I was able to start it from a command prompt successfully using java -jar "Ipk Packager.jar" I'm going to rename it so I don't need quotes.
    That does the same thing.
    I'm trying to replace apps no longer available in the catalog, rather than copying the files manually.....
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  19. #59  
    Are they apps that can't be packaged properly using palm-package? I find the ipk packager a bit cumbersome to use, but I know it is capable of doing additional things that palm-package doesn't. I have also found that some apps, like the weather-channel, palm-package catches some errors that weren't caught when the app was originally packaged and submitted to the catalog.

    Note: the java vm I get from the command line is JRE 1.6.0_15 64-bit.. Will try with some other versions and 32-bit VM's also.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Are they apps that can't be packaged properly using palm-package? I find the ipk packager a bit cumbersome to use, but I know it is capable of doing additional things that palm-package doesn't. I have also found that some apps, like the weather-channel, palm-package catches some errors that weren't caught when the app was originally packaged and submitted to the catalog.

    Note: the java vm I get from the command line is JRE 1.6.0_15 64-bit.. Will try with some other versions and 32-bit VM's also.
    Never used palm-packager, where do I get that?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions