webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > Ipk Packager
Ipk Packager
Like Tree7Likes

Old 08/23/2010, 08:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but when I try to select the folder by clicking the "..." button it doesn't do anything.
Doesn't allow me to select the folder at all.
It used to work before.
odd, what version of Java do you have. You could try loading the program via command prompt by "java -jar C:/path/to/ipk-packager.jar" and see if an error gets outputted to the commandline when you press the "..." button.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2010, 08:41 PM   #22 (permalink)

I am running Java 6 Update 20.
There's Update 21 out, could that be the problem?

And I couldn't get the command to work, kept saying unable to access jarfile.
Old 08/23/2010, 09:02 PM   #23 (permalink)

Ah nevermind my last post.
Was just typing it in wrong.

I don't know what this exactly means
So I attached a picture below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (158.5 KB, 69 views) Email Attachment
Old 09/09/2010, 02:41 AM   #24 (permalink)

I met a problem when I launch it.
How can I do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ipkpackager.jpg (8.5 KB, 35 views) Email Attachment
tapwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2010, 10:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Hi Jason

Thanks for the package! I have successfully package and release an app with the tools. Every thing ok except the Icon is not shown.

It is what I put on the fields "Icon URL:"

http://www.webos-internals.org/image...ches_Email.png

My I doing it right? Thanks!
tsangh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/18/2010, 07:58 AM   #26 (permalink)

I've been wanting to add a dependency for the filemgr service for a while so I just tried out this ipk packager. When I create the package for my app with a dependency and try to install through Preware, I get this error:

Code:
-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "targer: "/media/internal/.developer/com.omastudios.pretext_0.1.1_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
I've checked the control file for the app and it has the correct depends line in it:

Code:
Package: com.omastudios.pretext
Version: 0.1.1
Section: misc
Priority: optional
Architecture: all
Depends: ca.canucksoftware.filemgr
Maintainer: OMA Studios
Description: Pretext
Source:
Currently, people have to download filemgr separately from my app if they don't already have it installed, so I'd love to get this working properly but can't figure it out.

Are there any rules regarding cross-feed dependencies that I should know about? I'm currently doing all this from a private feed I've set up on my server and I've tried it with filemgr on my feed and the internalz feed with no luck.

OMA Studios | Jack Newcombe | @omastudios
semprance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2010, 12:30 AM   #27 (permalink)

Thanks Jason! You do awesome work. just sent u a donation!!!
Old 12/27/2010, 12:42 PM   #28 (permalink)

Hi Jason, could this just as easily make an ipk to be downloaded from a website, then installed using preware or internals? Or do you have to use WOSQI to install it?
The Juan Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2010, 01:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juan Juice View Post
Hi Jason, could this just as easily make an ipk to be downloaded from a website, then installed using preware or internals? Or do you have to use WOSQI to install it?
Ipk Packager follows standard ipkg format, with extended homebrew support.

It'll be fully installable/uninstallable with the Palm SDK's palm-install command, WOSQI, Internalz, and Preware.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I've released an updated Ipk Packager with the Location field now present.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 12/28/2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12/30/2010, 04:59 AM   #30 (permalink)

Hey Jason, one more quick question. I made a little website for my friends and uploaded a test .ipk However when I try to click on it, it just opens the .ipk like its a website and shows all the code for the app in the browser. it doesnt download or evan prompt internals or preware to handle it :-(

So my question is, do you know away around this? I tried to put in the link with ftp settings, (ftp://) but preware or internals dont have a way to put in a user name and password so it comes back access denied all the time. if I go (http://) it opens it as a web page???

anyway I just thought i'd ask because your one of the most informed WebOS users around.

The Juan Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2011, 02:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juan Juice View Post
Hey Jason, one more quick question. I made a little website for my friends and uploaded a test .ipk However when I try to click on it, it just opens the .ipk like its a website and shows all the code for the app in the browser. it doesnt download or evan prompt internals or preware to handle it :-(

So my question is, do you know away around this? I tried to put in the link with ftp settings, (ftp://) but preware or internals dont have a way to put in a user name and password so it comes back access denied all the time. if I go (http://) it opens it as a web page???

anyway I just thought i'd ask because your one of the most informed WebOS users around.

hmm, not sure. Sounds like a server mimetype issue. Though for webos, make sure the ".ipk" file extension is there.

Also, new release is out

v1.5 - January 3, 2011
- Re-added Source field for json
- Added MinWebOSVersion and MaxWebOSVersion json fields
- Added custom support for pmPostInstall and pmPreRemove scripts

Old 01/07/2011, 10:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

Hi Jason,
Thanks for creating this app, but when I launch it all i get is a very small box that I cannot resize. Im running win 7 x86. let me know if you need more info.

Tim

================
I installed the latest java, rebooted, and now it works.

Thanks Jason!

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about

Last edited by bigredgpk; 01/08/2011 at 09:56 AM.
BeingBoston121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2011, 07:28 PM   #33 (permalink)

Hi Jason,
Just wondering if you'll eventually create a packager for hybrid apps. I'm starting to get my feet wet with hybrid apps, and just trying to package them and run them on the Pre is learning curve.
Old 03/10/2011, 11:07 AM   #34 (permalink)

Trying to run IPK Packager program on Ubuntu 10.10. Double click on "Ipk Packager.jar" file yields read only file-folder. Right click on "Ipk Packager.jar" and select "Open with JDK Java 6 Runtime" yields:

"The file '/home/kgun/Desktop/Ipk Packager.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit."

Experiencing the exact same issue when trying to launch "WebOSQuickinstall-4.04.jar".
All of this is in an attempt to install flash on VZW Pre Plus, post 2.1 meta-doctor, following webosinternals.org, and Mr. Robitaille's "Flash on Legacy Devices" forum post.
Some sort of java issue? I'm not great with these things. Any assistance appreciated.

EDIT: Ok, i am seeing on a treocentral forum that I may need SunJava instead of OpenJava, will give that a try.

Last edited by gunderson; 03/10/2011 at 11:13 AM.
gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2011, 11:10 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunderson View Post
Trying to run IPK Packager program on Ubuntu 10.10. Double click on "Ipk Packager.jar" file yields read only file-folder. Right click on "Ipk Packager.jar" and select "Open with JDK Java 6 Runtime" yields:

"The file '/home/kgun/Desktop/Ipk Packager.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit."

Experiencing the exact same issue when trying to launch "WebOSQuickinstall-4.04.jar".
All of this is in an attempt to install flash on VZW Pre Plus, post 2.1 meta-doctor, following webosinternals.org, and Mr. Robitaille's "Flash on Legacy Devices" forum post.
Some sort of java issue? I'm not great with these things. Any assistance appreciated.
By default Ubuntu now marks jar files as non-executable.

Do Right-click, Properties, Permissions. Where it says Owner, next to it, check the Execute box and Close.
Thanked By: gunderson
Old 03/10/2011, 11:28 AM   #36 (permalink)

Awesome, thank you.
gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2011, 12:04 PM   #37 (permalink)

I would like to use this "IPK Packager" program to package up a .patch file and then use "Ipkg Feed generator" to create a feed for me to apply this patch using preware. I can't seem to create the ipk from a .patch. Is there a post/wiki/instructions somewhere on how to do this step by step?
CraiaSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2011, 10:10 AM   #38 (permalink)

hey Jason/anyone
Help please

I have a game installed on my pre- that I rarely use. I'm not sure how I bought it since I didnt get charged, but whenever I doctor, it downloads, so my palm profile has it stored.

I want to save the file for future install if necessary, and thus take the game off my phone.

I was told that I can use ipk packager to extract the contents of the media/cryptos/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft..... directory and bundle them into an ipk file that I can use to install later.
I found this post, but I dont see any instructions.

Would you be kind enough to guide me as to how I can do what I am trying to do?
WHen you run this, does the phone have to be connected via usb? Or do you run this on the phone? (doubtful since it's a jar file).

I thank
nabril1569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2011, 10:12 AM   #39 (permalink)

What I did was to copy the whole directory structure off my Touchpad (via USB) onto my PC. Then used the IPK packager to package it up. Seemed to work OK.
alan sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: NABRIL15
Old 09/29/2011, 10:13 AM   #40 (permalink)

yeup. Mamouton gave me the same instructions, and it worked perfectly.
thank you though.
nabril1569 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0