Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    I've read through this whole thead, but I'm still a little unclear so here goes:

Should I simply accept any replacements this app suggests when scanning (with override compatability off), with the confidence that it will fix any issues and with OC off leave my patches and tweaks in place?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    I've read through this whole thead, but I'm still a little unclear so here goes:

Should I simply accept any replacements this app suggests when scanning (with override compatability off), with the confidence that it will fix any issues and with OC off leave my patches and tweaks in place?

Thanks.
    That depends on if you have patches or a theme on the device you wish to retain. Ideally you will only replace files that aren't a part of the patches and theme you wish to keep. However you could replace all files it finds in the scan and then just reinstall all the patches and theme again but that may require an additional step in preware so it knows the previously installed ones are no longer installed as a result of replacing all of the files.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    hi is anyone else having trouble updating to 1.4.1??? im on o2 in england, anyone have any suggestions that may work??
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    No one willing to try to answer why running webOS Repair Utility multiple times in a row is identifying different files that need to replaced, reporting files as being missing when they are in fact there, and saying files are modified when the verbose out shows that their md5sums are identical?

Jason, can you comment on this?

Everyone else, want to run a test and run it two or three times in a row and see if you get results similar to mine?
    Same thing happening to me. I have been running multiple times, each time renaming log.txt to add date/time to the filename. Then I look at the two files. I'll find a file that was restored in the later one. When I search for that file in the earlier one, it shows that it matched.

I must be missing something in the concept. In my mind, if you compare arrayA to arrayB, replacing non-matching elements from arrayB with elements from arrayA, then the next time you compare arrayA to arrayB, they should match. What am I missing?
    I am having a problem with my Pre. The universal search/find is not working. When I start typing, nothing "pops up". It started abruptly. I had had trouble with some of my patches not showing up in PreWare despite obviously being installed. I ran the Emergency Patch Repair Utility and then kaboom. I have run the Emergency Patch Repair Utility and the WebOS Repair Utility. I got two repair notices with the WebOS RU but then it "fixed" them with no other notices. My search/find is still not working. i don't want to do a total reset. Any suggestions?
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinpearce1 View Post
    I am having a problem with my Pre. The universal search/find is not working. When I start typing, nothing "pops up". It started abruptly. I had had trouble with some of my patches not showing up in PreWare despite obviously being installed. I ran the Emergency Patch Repair Utility and then kaboom. I have run the Emergency Patch Repair Utility and the WebOS Repair Utility. I got two repair notices with the WebOS RU but then it "fixed" them with no other notices. My search/find is still not working. i don't want to do a total reset. Any suggestions?
    Did you scan with Repair Utility with "Override Compatibility" enabled?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Oh.
    OK, now I did and the result is the same. When I start typing, nothing comes us. For instance, if I type "Go" Google Maps, Google Calendar Search, Go To Lite and contacts all pop up but for me, nothing. Nothing pops up at all. Any ideas. I don't want to do a restore. Just whining but I hate doing a restore.
    I found a more appropriate thread. Thanks for your response Jason Robitaille.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I keep getting error 5 and error 2. Any idea how to remedy this?
    I keep running into the same thing. Cant seem to find any pattern to it. error 2 and error 5.
    I tried My Tether yesterday for the first time and managed to get it working but now I don't have wifi on my phone. I've tried all the fixes I've seen in the various threads: "forget network" (it doesn't), turn off/on wifi, reboot, etc. I uninstalled My Tether, rebooted, ran WebOS Repair Utility with and w/o Override Compatibility, rebooted and still nothing.

I've searched the forums and not seen any additional suggestions, other than wiping the phone.

My question is:

1) Is there something I did during set up that prompted the "IP configuration failed" message once I disconnected? I ask, so I know I need to do something different next time I use it. Or do we still not know why some people get this problem and others don't? <probably wrong place to ask this, but if I find the solution I will post it to the other threads where people are asking>.

2) If you can run WebOS Repair Utility to repair this problem, is there a specific file I can replace rather than to scan the entire device? And if so, as long as I'm asking for help, what exactly do I replace?

Thank you for all the work on these tools!
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Quote Originally Posted by retirecom View Post
    i tried my tether yesterday for the first time and managed to get it working but now i don't have wifi on my phone. I've tried all the fixes i've seen in the various threads: "forget network" (it doesn't), turn off/on wifi, reboot, etc. I uninstalled my tether, rebooted, ran webos repair utility with and w/o override compatibility, rebooted and still nothing.

I've searched the forums and not seen any additional suggestions, other than wiping the phone.

My question is:

1) is there something i did during set up that prompted the "ip configuration failed" message once i disconnected? I ask, so i know i need to do something different next time i use it. Or do we still not know why some people get this problem and others don't? <probably wrong place to ask this, but if i find the solution i will post it to the other threads where people are asking>.

2) if you can run webos repair utility to repair this problem, is there a specific file i can replace rather than to scan the entire device? And if so, as long as i'm asking for help, what exactly do i replace?

thank you for all the work on these tools!
    i have the same exact problem!!
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    I keep running into the same thing. Cant seem to find any pattern to it. error 2 and error 5.
    Hey Guys ... I'm getting these same errors. Would appreciate some thoughts or help on this.

Thank you VERY much!!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    this is a good help to community
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    First Jason, thanks for all you do for the WebOS community! I have been running Repair for over an hour now. WOS Repair says that my Pre and WOS Doctor are compatible.

The issue so far is this: somewhere in the scan of
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.(after "app." it was email, findapps, contacts, etc.) everyfile came up missing and is being restored. It is still running but I would say it has been doing this for over 50 files.

For example, one of the last lines I saw was:

File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/create-account/state-picker.html

I would share the log but Repair is still running.

Any ideas?

Edit: Now it is at:
    File missing: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/appinfo.json and probably at 2 hrs running.

Also of note; my Pre was running ok prior to Repair so I am confused as to why there are so many "missing" files.
    Last edited by sciteach; 05/02/2010 at 08:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krezlen View Post
    I never saw an answer as to why running the app more than once should give you new files to replace. I had that issue with the last version too, every time i ran the program i got a whole new list of missing/broken files.

Is this something to be concerned about? Are these second wave files less important so they were missed the first time around?

Any answer to why it keeps finding/replacing files every time we run the repair utility??
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    Any answer to why it keeps finding/replacing files every time we run the repair utility??
    I would guess that most are not responding because they are not experiencing the results you and krezlen describe. I just ran the utility 3 times. I get the identical result every time...

Scanning /etc/version
    Found md5sum: 33b5702905f7042a50a2b513dd96d0af
    Expected md5sum: 146cdc9b488d89cea43da75caf2152ea
    Modified file found: /etc/version
    --user ignored file.
    Scan complete!

Your results may be due to something you have installed on your PC or phone that differ. It is pretty likely that all of our PC environments are different.

I am running Windows 7, 64-bit on an Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 running at 2.4GHz with 3GB memory. My phone is running 1.4.1.1 for Sprint. The WebOS Repair Utility is version 2.01. I run the utility with verbose logging on, override compatibility mode off. Run time is approximately 11 minutes.
    Last edited by MortiseMaker; 05/03/2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Correct typo.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post
    Hey Guys ... I'm getting these same errors. Would appreciate some thoughts or help on this.

Thank you VERY much!!
    Has anybody figured out what is going on with the error 2 error 5 thing is all about? this is a very recent occurance. used to run all the way through all the time. now i can get through ever. any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank
    Webos repair is driving me nutty! I try to open it on my verizon pre plus on 1.4.1 and is says that my webos dr. vers is not matching my phones. So i got webos dr. straight from palm and it is the 1.4.1.1 version and repair will not open it! Pls help!
    I thought maybe i got it. ran an epr for another reason and i thought i got i got it to not give me the error 2. But i tried to run it again and am getting it again. i dont know i am at a loss on this one. anyone else figure it out?
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast