Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    I'm having problems restoring a specific file.

I have a patch that won't install because of a "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected." The file causing the error is
    Code:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    I have compared the file (both content and timestamp) to the corresponding file in webOSDoctor.jar and can confirm that they are different. I would like to overwrite the one on my phone with the webOSDoctor version. When I run WebOS Repair Utility, I go to Tools | "Restore Specific File" and enter
    Code:
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    and I get this:
    Code:
    WebOSDoctor found at C:\TEMP\webOSDoctor.jar
    Loading connected device's build info:
    	Device: Sprint Palm Pre
    	Version: 1.4.1.1
    Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    	...loaded!
    	webOSDoctor for: Sprint Palm Pre
    	webOSDoctor of: 1.4.1.1
    	webOSDoctor is compatible!
    WebOS ROM extracted to C:\TEMP\WebOS.tar.gz
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor
    Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I get similar errors when I run a complete scan and repair. It finds the mismatched md5sums, but when I tell it to restore the originals it says
    Code:
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    and moves on to the next file.
    Last edited by monkeydog; 04/02/2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: And another thing...
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    I'm having problems restoring a specific file.

I have a patch that won't install because of a "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected." The file causing the error is
    Code:
    I have compared the file (both content and timestamp) to the corresponding file in webOSDoctor.jar and can confirm that they are different. I would like to overwrite the one on my phone with the webOSDoctor version. When I run WebOS Repair Utility, I go to Tools | "Restore Specific File" and enter
    Code:
    and I get this:
    Code:
    WebOSDoctor found at C:\TEMP\webOSDoctor.jar
    	...loaded!
    WebOS ROM extracted to C:\TEMP\WebOS.tar.gz
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I get similar errors when I run a complete scan and repair. It finds the mismatched md5sums, but when I tell it to restore the originals it says
    Code:
    **File not found in WebOSDoctor**
    and moves on to the next file.
    I'm not sure why the full scan would identify bad. But I noticed in the specific restore you did, you had the path wrong. The appid is com.palm.app.soundsandalerts
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I'm not sure why the full scan would identify bad. But I noticed in the specific restore you did, you had the path wrong. The appid is com.palm.app.soundsandalerts
    I think I just typed it in wrong when I posted my message. I tried it again and it still doesn't work.

Let's put this on hold for a bit. There's a distinct possibility that my work PC is blocking this somehow. I'll try again when I get home and let you know if it is still causing problems. (Shame on me for doing this at work!)
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    I think I just typed it in wrong when I posted my message. I tried it again and it still doesn't work.

Let's put this on hold for a bit. There's a distinct possibility that my work PC is blocking this somehow. I'll try again when I get home and let you know if it is still causing problems. (Shame on me for doing this at work!)
    one possible suggestion. Try moving repair utility and webosdoctor to a different folder and try again
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Still doesn't work on the home PC:
    Code:
    WebOSDoctor found at C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop\webOSDoctor.jar
    	...loaded!
    WebOS ROM extracted to C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop\WebOS.tar.gz
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html
    ==============================
    I'm not the only one having this problem: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...50#post2354750.

I was able to manually extract the file from the webOSDoctor.jar file and send it to my phone manually using WebOSQuickInstall.
    Last edited by monkeydog; 04/03/2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: WebOSQuickInstall worked

Well, I do a scan every few weeks or so, but I modify a lot of files manually during patch attempts,

I did a quick mention of "Override Compatibility" in the first post, but I go a bit more in depth here:

With "Override Compatibility" disabled:
    It'll scan all program files/framework files normally. If a file is patched under the WebOS-Internals standard (used by WOSQI/Preware), or if the file is backed up by a WOSQI tweak/PreThemer theme/PreCentral theme, then the backup will be scanned instead of the file itself.

Basically no tweaks/patches/themes will be disturbed. Damaged backups will be repaired. And damaged non-tweak/patch/themed files will be restored.

Of course when a damaged/missing file is found, you'll get a message box explaining such and even letting you compare the file on your device compared to the stock file in the webOSDoctor.

Replacing the file is your choice. You can replace with the factory file in the webOSDoctor or just ignore it.
    I just want to be correct in my assumptions. Is the latest version of My tether up to the WOSQI/Preware standard?

Secondly, using
    Well, I do a scan every few weeks or so, but I modify a lot of files manually during patch attempts,

I did a quick mention of "Override Compatibility" in the first post, but I go a bit more in depth here:

With "Override Compatibility" disabled:
    It'll scan all program files/framework files normally. If a file is patched under the WebOS-Internals standard (used by WOSQI/Preware), or if the file is backed up by a WOSQI tweak/PreThemer theme/PreCentral theme, then the backup will be scanned instead of the file itself.

Basically no tweaks/patches/themes will be disturbed. Damaged backups will be repaired. And damaged non-tweak/patch/themed files will be restored.

Of course when a damaged/missing file is found, you'll get a message box explaining such and even letting you compare the file on your device compared to the stock file in the webOSDoctor.

Replacing the file is your choice. You can replace with the factory file in the webOSDoctor or just ignore it.
    I just want to be correct in my assumptions.

Is the latest version of My tether up to the "WOSQI/Preware standard"?

Secondly, with the OC off, you're saying its ok to repair any file it finds out of place without hurting patches?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Mine keeps hanging on 1 file and I cannot continue. Tried it with override and without. Any help?
    EDIT: I figured it out. Turns out my patches were not showing up in WOSQI/Preware, even though they were installed and working. I reinstalled each patch (good thing i remembered all 12) in Preware. Now Repair utility is running fine. Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by PreGk; 04/05/2010 at 08:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    is there going to be a way to locate the actual files in a scan that you want to repair?

im having no un clicking ignore just to get to what im looking for

also can u add a batch restore???? that would make fixing all the issues of an app much easier. or hold the luna restart until user decides.
    Last edited by Intlstyle; 04/06/2010 at 12:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I keep getting error 5 and error 2. Any idea how to remedy this?
    Last edited by PreGk; 04/06/2010 at 06:06 PM.
    Jason, thank you for your time. But I am having this problem. I didn't remove any patches before updating. Now I have some patches not working right and some still there and cannot be remove. Can you help with this problem, also how do I use webos repair utility.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I keep getting error 5 and error 2. Any idea how to remedy this?
    I found a workaround, kinda. Whenever I get the error, I unplug and replug my Pre's usb cable. This "connects" the Pre again and it scans and fixes the remaining files (it doesn't fix the file(s) where the error occurred). I am running my 5th scan to make sure it repairs all the files.
    Quote Originally Posted by dagoofy74 View Post
    Jason, thank you for your time. But I am having this problem. I didn't remove any patches before updating. Now I have some patches not working right and some still there and cannot be remove. Can you help with this problem, also how do I use webos repair utility.
    Uh...try reading the first post?
    Thanks! Works great!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello,

Does anyone have an alternate link for downloading WebOSRepairUtility.jar ?

I don't have enough posts to download it directly from the site (I get a "you need to have 10 posts" message where the download link should go), and I can't get the mirror site to load.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    love the repair utility waiting for it now for the newest update....thanks jason
    can't doctor because webosdoctor for 1.4.1.1 says there nothing wrong with my phone. i can't get your utility because i have only a few posts. how can i force webos doctor to reset my phone?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azteckeeper View Post
    can't doctor because webosdoctor for 1.4.1.1 says there nothing wrong with my phone. i can't get your utility because i have only a few posts. how can i force webos doctor to reset my phone?
    If you download webosdoctor from palm.com/rom first, you will be able to run the doctor in USB mode. Start running the doctor first and when prompted, put the phone in the proper mode. Palm showed me to shut down the Pre and remove the battery. If you have a third hand this part is easy: while holding the up-volume button, simultaneously re-insert the battery and the USB cable. If you did it all perfectly, you will see an over-sized USB symbol on your screen.
    So, I'm having lots of problems getting my Pre back to "normal." Since the 1.4.1.1 update I had multiple patches installed along with the 800MHz overclock patch. After the update the multi-mod patch wouldn't update or uninstall, so I used the EPR tool to remove all patches and manually uninstalled the 800MHz patch. After this the phone was very unstable. I removed the battery and restarted and things stabilized but my universal search feature is broken. Nothing pops up when I type, no contacts, no apps, nothing. I used this tool (webos repair utility) to try to restore the OS image back to it's original state, but my problem still persists. Any ideas on how to proceed from here?
    I never saw an answer as to why running the app more than once should give you new files to replace. I had that issue with the last version too, every time i ran the program i got a whole new list of missing/broken files.

Is this something to be concerned about? Are these second wave files less important so they were missed the first time around?
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast