Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Just did a test run, with Verbose Logging and it ran super fast, with no issues. Thanks, again, Jason, for all you do.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    lol, I may make Verbose Logging the default option next version then, lol
    Not a bad idea since that was the key for me for a successful clean-up.

Just to note as well that upon the newest version install of RU that the default settings are:
    'Override Capability' enabled and 'Verbose Logging' disabled.

People unfamiliar with this should know to switch those up for better results and to not accidentally erase all their patches etc. with OC.
    Same problem here with"
    Scanning:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/fade-arrow-up.png"

I restarted it with verbose logging enabled and it started to zip through.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Hi Jason,
    I'm still getting errors. I downloaded a fresh version of the WebOSDoctor file for my Verizon Pre Plus 1.4. When I run your repair utility it says Null 22 and then said WebOS doctor does not correspond to the WebOS build/version of the connected device and then promptly deletes the WebOSDoctor File. (Not only did it delete the WebOSDoctor file in a folder with Repair Utility, but it also deleted a duplicate of the file I left on the desktop as a backup. Any Ideas? I'm on MacOSX 10.6.2

I've tried this several times and get the same results each time... errors and then the file gets deleted..

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks, -Vincent
    Last edited by PreMium; 03/15/2010 at 11:52 PM.
    Dear Jason !
    It didnīt give me back my PDF-Viewer
    I am sure I used the right doctor but no result...

My system is a Palm Pre GSM O2-Europe with Palm webOS 1.4.0

Do you know another possibility to get back the pdf-viewer ?
    I tried to install the ipk-file with QuickInstall and viewer works fine untill I make a restart ..... then the viewer is again in "Nirvana"
    I must have done something wrong - I ran this and my patches aren;t showing up in WOQI or Preware anymore but they are still installed. From the log, it looks like it didn't do anything.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_moscow View Post
    Dear Jason !
    It didnīt give me back my PDF-Viewer
    I am sure I used the right doctor but no result...

My system is a Palm Pre GSM O2-Europe with Palm webOS 1.4.0

Do you know another possibility to get back the pdf-viewer ?
    I tried to install the ipk-file with QuickInstall and viewer works fine untill I make a restart ..... then the viewer is again in "Nirvana"
    It should have restored it. And given what you've said about the ipk, I'm willing to guess the files ARE still there, but for some reason it's not showing up in the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    I must have done something wrong - I ran this and my patches aren;t showing up in WOQI or Preware anymore but they are still installed. From the log, it looks like it didn't do anything.
    Did you have Override Compatibility enabled? With it disabled, there's no way it would alter any installed packages
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8.    #48  
    I've updated WebOS Repair Utility with a few bug fixes:

v2.01 - March 16, 2010
    - Fixed bug with Verizon devices that prevented scanning
    - Fixed bug that would accidentally delete webOSDoctor.jar on error
    - Verbose logging is now enabled by default

Download is on attached to first post. The mirror url on the first post has also been updated.

If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thank you very much for this!!

Ever since 1.4 I've been having many many strange issues, and from reading the forums, many were able to fix their issues with a Dr. visit. I'd much rather use this to see if my phone truly does have issues, without having to pull db3 files to prevent losing txt messages, call logs, many apps that are no longer available... etc..

Thank you very much!! Can't wait to bust this out tonight when I get home from work!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Last week my phone updated to 1.4 with no problems until today.

When I woke up, my phone said that I needed to re-connect to my Palm Profile and reboot my phone.

After I did, all of my Homebrew apps were no longer on my Pre.

Anyone else have this issue?
    Steve
  11. lk
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I had version 1 of 4x4 installed and I ran EPR for another problem. Now, the launcher is back to stock 3x4 but the icons have remained small and I get an error message when I try to install any of the 4x4 patches. None of them show as installed either in preware or QI. Other patches work fine.

I ran the repair utility and it replaced a few files in the pdviewer app but I still can't install any of the 4x4 patches. Is there a way to get the 4x4 patches to install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I did have override compatibility selected. I realized that it was checked after the scan started so I unchecked it. However the webos dr is the right version and I still have the patches installed - just not showing up in preware / woqi. Also didn't say that it changed anything in the log. Meh - oh well.
    So is there a way to run this where it won't automatically replace things? Or is it smart enough not to replace Preware-patched files?
  14. lk
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lk View Post
    I had version 1 of 4x4 installed and I ran EPR for another problem. Now, the launcher is back to stock 3x4 but the icons have remained small and I get an error message when I try to install any of the 4x4 patches. None of them show as installed either in preware or QI. Other patches work fine.

I ran the repair utility and it replaced a few files in the pdviewer app but I still can't install any of the 4x4 patches. Is there a way to get the 4x4 patches to install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I ran the repair utility again in 'overide compatibilty' and it fixed the problem. Great program. Thanks.
    this is great! gonna run it on my phone right away
    Thanks Jason for all your work.
    Awesome job with this, Jason! It took about 14 minutes w/verbose logging on and found 1 error:
    Scanning /etc/version
    Found md5sum: 33b5702905f7042a50a2b513dd96d0af
    Expected md5sum: 8ac0da5f3ceb043cf5a6e536fd5aca13
    Modified file found: /etc/version

Any idea what that is?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Awesome job with this, Jason! It took about 14 minutes w/verbose logging on and found 1 error:
    Scanning /etc/version
    Found md5sum: 33b5702905f7042a50a2b513dd96d0af
    Expected md5sum: 8ac0da5f3ceb043cf5a6e536fd5aca13
    Modified file found: /etc/version

Any idea what that is?
    Exact same experience for me, and I'm curious, as well.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Just ran it...took like 5 minutes. Fixed 2 files. Worked great! Thanks!!
    You saved my palm pre from being launched at a wall.

Thank you!!!!
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast