Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Maybe Jason has the source available somewhere. But for the time being, you could run integcheck and manually push replacement files to the device. The integcheck guide is available from the guide linked in my signature. For pushing files, extract them using 7-Zip and push using WOSQI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Storminone1 View Post
    Hi Jason, I have really, really searched... I have been trying to run the WebOS Repair Utility on my Touchpad, but am getting the same response as a previous poster...that I have the wrong version of WebOS Doctor. If I take WebOS Doctor out of the directory and re-run it, it will prompt me to download it, but there isn't an option for Touchpad. I looked at all download options (carrier, device), but only Pre and Pixi show up as options for "Device". The link that I used to download the WebOS Repair Utility said that it was version 2.1, and I couldn't find anything with a higher version number. Am I doing something wrong, or is the current WebOS Repair Utility just not compatible with the Touchpad and/or WebOS 3.0.5??? Only problem I really have is getting rid of a botched manually installed theme...and really don't want to have to go back and redo lots of other things just to fix this one thing. Thanks in advance for any help!!!
    repair utility has not been updated for use with 2.x or 3.x
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Sooo confused
    Nope you click the link that says mirror download. Keep in mind this is only for original 1.x version devices.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I have in front of me a Palm P101UNA. I don't know what version of webOS it has or what model it is lol. I need to run a recovery as my friend said it just up and died on them.

Can someone please steer me in the right direction.

I know, I know I of all people should know this stuff....it's been a while...LOL

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmcc View Post
    I have in front of me a Palm P101UNA. I don't know what version of webOS it has or what model it is lol. I need to run a recovery as my friend said it just up and died on them.

Can someone please steer me in the right direction.

I know, I know I of all people should know this stuff....it's been a while...LOL
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface
    and download the doctor for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Repair Utility 2.1

WebOS Repair Utility is a completely unofficial, cross-platform desktop program that will compare md5sums. In essence, it checks which file are altered or damaged and gives options like to ignore or restore directly from webOSDoctor.

Click to view quoted image

There is absolutely no obligation to donation, just some people requested a link, plus all funds go to help keeping me developing (which as university goes by, requires stricter and stricter time-management).

Downloadable JAR is attached to this post
    (10 posts are required before you can see the attached file)

Mirror Download
    (May break at any time)

Setup

Be sure to save WebOSRepairUtility.jar to the same folder as WebOSDoctor. I've you've used WebOS Quick Install, you'll already have it downloaded to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar.

If you don't have webOSDoctor, just run WebOSRepairUtility.jar and you'll get the option to download it.

Also be sure to have your device with DevMode enabled and connected in "Just Charge" before running WebOSRepairUtility.jar.

Usage

There's 2 main functions:
    1. Scan/Repair
      • Upon clicking, you'll need to find the webOSDoctor that corresponds to your device's carrier/version.
      • Then, it will proceed to do a scan of WebOS program files on your device.
      • If a file is missing from your device or a file has been altered, you're given the option to "Restore" or "Ignore"
        • "Restore" will restore the original factory file directly from WebOSDoctor and put it in place on your device.
        • "Ignore" is handy for situations where you want files left altered, like in the case of certain files with Virtual-Keyboard
    2. Restore Specific File
      • This will bring up a popup get will let you restore a specific file directly from the WebOSDoctor to device. No hassle, no mess.

Scan times vary. On the emulator can take 30+ minutes; on my Sprint Pre it only took about 10 minutes.

If you're a user of WebOS Quick Install/Preware, you get the added benefit that this will not interfere with the tweaks/patches/themes and will in fact help correct things if things go wrong and will even prevent some things that could go wrong.

Of course if you enable the "Override Compatibility" menu option, then all bets are off. All tweaks/patches/themes will be removed and your device will be restored to factory state, with the notable difference that your applications, files, contacts, calendar, etc. will all still be intact.

Screenshot
    Click to view quoted image

Requirements
    • Java 1.6 or greater
    • webOSDoctor
      • If you use WebOS Quick Install, chances are you have this already downloaded, though it might not be the the current version.
      • If you don't have a webOSDoctor.jar, just run WebOSRepairUtility.jar and it'll download one for you
      • Manual download links can be found on this page

Oh, and standard disclaimer applies; this software is provided "as is" without guarantee, and usage is at your own risk. I am in no way affiliated with Palm Inc. and this this software is completely unofficial. This is an in-development app, so don't be surprised to see bugs.

Enjoy!

Change Log
    v2.1 - June 6, 2010
    - Many minor bugfixes
    - Much improved file detection system giving much greater stability

v2.01 - March 16, 2010
    - Fixed bug with Verizon devices that prevented scanning
    - Fixed bug that would accidentally delete webOSDoctor.jar on error
    - Verbose logging is now enabled by default

v2.0 - March 15, 2010
    - No longer version/carrier restricted
    - Grabs stock md5sum list from selected webOSDoctor
    - Fixed diff generation
    - Added safeguards to prevent/deal with connection errors
    - Improved scanning efficiency
    - New md5sum reader class
    - Dynamic webOSDoctor downloader (like in WebOS Quick Install)
    Hi all,

First - sorry for my bad English.
    I have a problem. My Pre 3 bricked (not booting - freezee on HP logo). None of the procedures described restore does not work. Before I can use Webos Doctor, I want to try recover my photos and videos with WebOS Repair Utility 2.1(well - I had a backup, but unfortunately I did not).

Download link on this forum is broken. Can someone upload somewhere this app and send me a link to download on mail <<email removed per rules>>
    These data are very important to me - they have childhood memories of my daughter.

Thank you all for your help.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/31/2014 at 07:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    PetrVystr

Try the download link at the bottom of the 1st post:

Attached Files
    File Type: jar WebOSRepairUtility.jar (467.4 KB, 5082 views) Email Attachment
    Yeah but...

2nd post on this page says it's not for webOS 2.x. Does it work or not? Anyone know?
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Sorry, never tried it.

GMMan (1st post on this page) says:
    Maybe Jason has the source available somewhere. But for the time being, you could run integcheck and manually push replacement files to the device. The integcheck guide is available from the guide linked in my signature. For pushing files, extract them using 7-Zip and push using WOSQI.

So perhaps give that a go when you have a free morning!
    Last edited by MikeN68; 08/01/2014 at 03:53 PM.
    Can't get it to run on my Pre 3. When it starts up it hangs and gives error 22 WebOS.tar.gz not found. Then when I click ok, I get error WebOS version not correct. It then hangs saying it is loading webosdoctor, with please wait grayed out in box. Log shows Build/Version mismatch. I have down loaded the verizon pre 3 doctor for 2.2.4 which is supposedly the one for my phone, but no results. Help.
    Last edited by docsdad; 08/03/2014 at 10:36 AM.
    Based on info a few posts back, it does not look like this was ever updated to work on webOS 2.x and up.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hi all,

First - sorry for my bad English.
    I have a problem. My Pre 3 bricked (not booting - freezee on HP logo). None of the procedures described restore does not work. Before I can use Webos Doctor, I want to try recover my photos and videos with WebOS Repair Utility 2.1(well - I had a backup, but unfortunately I did not).

Download link on this forum is broken. Can someone upload somewhere this app and send me a link to download on mail 'petrvystr@gmail.com'?
    These data are very important to me - they have childhood memories of my daughter.

Thank you all for your help.
    Found a copy of the utility here

WebOSRepairUtility.jar - WebOSRepairUtility - WebOs Palm pre - gw2 - Chomikuj.pl)

but I don't know if it's the latest version
    I have a Touchpad 4G 32GB running WebOS 3.05 that

I just tried to run WebOSRepairUtility.jar My touchpad was attached via USB & developer mode was enabled.

The repair utility wanted to download WebOSDoctor, but to do that it wanted the carrier & device.(see attached pix).
    It then reported a download error, followed by saying that it needed to be restarted to use the WebOSDoctor.

When I restarted it it want back to saying it needed to download WebosDoctor.

The files in the directory with the repair utility are shown in image6.jpg.

Any suggestions as to how to make this tool work with my Touchpad?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Verell; 06/27/2015 at 05:19 PM.
    I'm not familiar with the repair utility.

This article is tangental, but may be of use and details where to get the webOS doctors:Tip: How to Bypass Activation | pivotCE

Specifically: https://web.archive.org/web/20150317...octor_Versions

Of course, if the program is attempting to download directly, you may need to fix theinternal links or do something with your HOSTS file... but if you know the working directory, perhaps you can simply place the doctor there and the utility will detect it and skip the download (?)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 06/27/2015 at 05:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Of course, if the program is attempting to download directly, you may need to fix theinternal links or do something with your HOSTS file... but if you know the working directory, perhaps you can simply place the doctor there and the utility will detect it and skip the download (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    if you know the working directory, perhaps you can simply place the doctor there and the utility will detect it and skip the download (?)
    The correct doctor is in the working directory, but the repair utility doesn't recognize it:

http://forums.webosnation.com/attach...2-1-image6.jpg

Guess I'll try to make sense of the Java & try to hack it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    The correct doctor is in the working directory, but the repair utility doesn't recognize it:

http://forums.webosnation.com/attach...2-1-image6.jpg

Guess I'll try to make sense of the Java & try to hack it.

quickly found out I'm not up to hacking the JAVA, it's unlike any scripting language I've ever used.

However, reading earlier in this thread, I found out that the repair utility is looking for a doctor file named:
    webOSdoctor.tar

So I tried renaming webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.zip to webOSdoctor.tar

This time it recognized it had the file & gave me a dialog box with a [Scan/Repair] button.

Clicking the button resulted in this being displayed:
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOS Repair Utlity
    Loading WebOSDoctor...
    WebOSDoctor found at C:\Users\Verell\Documents\DOWNLOADS\WebOS\Install\WebOSdoctor.jar
    Loading connected device's build info:
    Device: <unknown>
    Version: 3.0.5
    Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    ...loaded!
    webOSDoctor for: <unknown>
    webOSDoctor of: <unknown>
    Build/Version mismatch
    And displayed the following dialog box:

ERROR22:WebOS.tar.gz (The system cannot find the file specified).

[OK]
    Clicking OK produced the following dialog box:

ERROR:Selected webOSDoctor does not correspond to the a webOS build/version of the connected device.

[OK]
    Clicking OK resulted in a Choose WebOSDoctor dialog box displaying the files in the directory containing the utility.

I'm going to try making a gzip file containing webos.jar & see if that will make it happy.
    quickly found out I'm not up to hacking the JAVA, it's unlike any scripting language I've ever used.

However, reading earlier in this thread, I found out that the repair utility is looking for a doctor file named:
    webOSdoctor.tar

This time it recognized it had the file & gave me a dialog box with a [Scan/Repair] button.

Clicking OK resulted in a Choose WebOSDoctor dialog box displaying the files in the directory containing the utility.

I'm going to try making a gzip file containing webos.jar & see if that will make it happy.
    There is a WebOS.tar.gz inside the Doctor JAR file. Open it with your favorite archive program and you'll find it
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2

webOSdoctor.tar

Tried:
    1) extracting webos.jar from the doctor.zip file & using gzip to create webos.jar.gz
    then pointing the repair utility to it.
    Didn't work, prompted fo select a doctor file.
    2) used WinRAR to insert webos.jar.gz into the doctor.zip file
    same result.

I'm out of ideas & beyond my expertise with webOS & Java at this point(sigh).