Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Will this work for the Verizon Pre 2?
    I assume not...
    Thanks, I have done exactly that.

Would still like to see webOS Repair updated.

A
    ten posts? Says I have 13.. But still no download link
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawzx2 View Post
    ten posts? Says I have 13.. But still no download link
    another
    another
    and a 3rd for good measure..
    and a 3rd for good measure..
    we'll do one more. Sorry for the anoying.
    Hope to see the utility with webos 2.1 support......I don't want to doctor my phone.
    I'd like to see this utility for 1.4.5 on my ATT Pre+
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I'd like to see this utility for 1.4.5 on my ATT Pre+
    It already does. You just have to download the correct doctor from Palm or webosinternals. The menu in Repair Utility to download the doctor doesn't seem able to download the 1.4.5 doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    It already does. You just have to download the correct doctor from Palm or webosinternals. The menu in Repair Utility to download the doctor doesn't seem able to download the 1.4.5 doctor.
    That would be great news. I have the correct doctor file in the same director as the Repair Utility. I have always gotten error messages when I try to run the utility.

I just tried it again. RU asks for the Doctor file which I select (WebOSdoctor.jar). Then I get Error 22: WebOS.tar.gz (The system cannot find the file specified) The its says Selected WebOSDoctor does not correspond to the connected device.

I have never seen any ATT Pre+ users report success when using the Repair Utility. I would love to be able to run it!

EDIT: See attached screen shot. RU does not recognize the device type.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by swieder; 03/21/2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    That would be great news. I have the correct doctor file in the same director as the Repair Utility. I have always gotten error messages when I try to run the utility.

I just tried it again. RU asks for the Doctor file which I select (WebOSdoctor.jar). Then I get Error 22: WebOS.tar.gz (The system cannot find the file specified) The its says Selected WebOSDoctor does not correspond to the connected device.

I have never seen any ATT Pre+ users report success when using the Repair Utility. I would love to be able to run it!
    I'm also having the same issue- RU is not recognizing the doctor version.
    I've got Pre2 running 2.1 on ATT... I've downloaded the doctor (correct version) to same folder as RU, done PC restarts, etc.

Has anyone figured out how to make this work?
    As far as I know it does not support webos 2.1/Pre 2 yet........
    I have the same error: Selected WebOSDoctor does not correspond to the connected device.
    Thanks! This makes keeping my phone glitch-free so much easier!
    Jason, does this support 2.1 yet? Can I use Repair Utility 2.1 on my Bell Palm Pre with the 2.1 doctor I created following the instructions on PreCentral?

It doesn't seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Sounds like a permission issue. If you're at a work computer, maybe the administrator restricted things. Alternative, try moving webOSDoctor.jar and WebOSRepairUtility.jar to as different folder and retry.

Common issue for some people. Just rename from .download to .jar

Yep, it'll restore it

Not usually, nope. Is it freezing on a file or just going very very slow? Is your computer of limited RAM/slow processor?

That's sounds about right. My computer is relatively high-end, and a full scan took about 10min, so it's not surprising to see it reach 30min for some people. Still faster than a full webOSDoctor though, heh.

wait, it found 200 bad files? What webOSDoctor carrier/version and what carrier/version is your device?
    Jason, you are pure genius!
    Thank you!

EDIT: See attached screen shot. RU does not recognize the device type.

I'm having the same issue... Palm Pre Plus from AT&T with 1.4.5 , webosdoctor manually downloaded, and it says mismatch error... :/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andresmmm; 04/08/2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: adding pictures
    Nope, doesn't seem to support 2.1, yet. It recognized the phone, 2.1 and the 2.1 doctor file and indicated that it all was compatible but, it doesn't seem to be able to scan.
    For me (on Ubuntu 11.04), Palm Pixi Plus, once it finds a file, it will neither continue scanning if I click ignore, nor will it replace anything if I click replace.

Solved: WebOS Repair needs to be run with sudo.
    Last edited by augustofretes; 04/20/2011 at 06:49 PM.
    something not quite right with 2.1.0 for me. Having issues installing a patch (SWW), calendar not working the same as it did in 1.4.5. So, tried to run WebOS Repair Utility and here is the log:

Loading WebOSDoctor...
    WebOSDoctor found at /home/cdj/Downloads/webOSDoctor.jar
    Loading connected device's build info:
    Device: European GSM Palm Pre
    Version: 2.1.0
    Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    ...loaded!
    webOSDoctor for: European GSM Palm Pre
    webOSDoctor of: 2.1.0
    webOSDoctor is compatible!
    WebOS ROM extracted to /home/cdj/WebOS.tar.gz
    Reading in factory webOS md5sums...
    md5sums loaded
    ----Beginning Scan----
    Scan complete!
    Saving scan log to "log.txt"
    ==============================
    At "Reading in factory webOS md5sums..." I receive the following error:

Error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/docMd5sum (No such file or directory)

Next step? Or do I need to provide more info?

thanks,
    CD
    I see pandas.