Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frepar View Post
    could anybody tell me whether or not this will fix my camera? when my cam starts... it hangs up on a gray/black screen.. and for some reason, it works maybe 2 outta ten times.. restart dont work... just tryin to get away from a full reset
    Webos doctor is a tool design to fix most, if not.. all software problems on your device. It wipe the phone clean of all modifications, thus, restore all settings to factory default.

If you have tried removing and replacing the battery, and the problem persist. I'm not sure if a patch would have cause that problem. Webos Dr. Won't delete files on the usb drive, therefore your pics, videos, and music will not be deleted. However, before running a Dr. You could try to run a webos repair utility to see if that corrects the issue.

Best regards,
    still no solution for ATT pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by sagagx View Post
    still no solution for ATT pre plus?
    NOPE.

I would love this utility to work with my Pre+.

Seems like enhancements to this app are on hold. Maybe Jason is working on Web 2.0 goodies.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I didn't want to make a new thread, but i'm having issues with my app catalog so i just ran the repair utility to see if any problems would be found. This is all that was found

Scanning /etc/version
    Found md5sum: 4046655aa7f0f52b76b015f5eaa95f4e
    Expected md5sum: f42647ba1037fbaf2b00e0716bf3e739

I was afraid to replace it as i am not sure if it will affect anything. Will this possible fix my app catalog issues? Should i just replace it anyways?

thanks in advances.
    Looks like it's time to doctor my AT&T Pre... Unless there is any news about that issue being fixed Jason?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Just a note, that i found 1-2 different "normal" ways of downloading webos doctor where you tell them your phone and carrier (palm pre plus on verizon) and both ended up giving me the old webos doctor 1.4.1.1

In order to get the right one i had to download it from a page that had a full list of all the webos doctor files so you can specifically pick your OS revision and carrier. I don't have a link for it but was a list at least a couple pages long with all the different carriers including international carriers

Also of particlar insterest is that the file downloaded as a .zip file and you had to rename the file so that it's file extention is changed from .zip to .jar to make it work properly. You get a warning when you do it becuase you can damage files that way but it works.
    noticed the same thing myself ewal same issue with sprint pre
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    so i ran the utility wth the over-ride on to clean up my phone and it did pretty well but wont let me load on the ACSP patch and in checking the IPK log it looks like it's saying i need to delete the ACSP from the root... bizarre... it's like the utility didn't catch everything so i'm going to give it a second try...

The only patch i had installed after the first round of Repair Utitliy (and now uninstalled again before running the Repair a 2nd time) is the Uberkernal and Govnah.

oh And i do have my exchange server e-mail and contacts set up.

I watched it perform the repair the second time and it still came up with multiple modified files. I don't know if it just changing preference and adding accounts will result in check sum difference, but it found multiple modified files for those who know enough to determine if it's normal or not.

Nope, no luck. Still seems like the device thinks this patch is already in the root and needs deleting before i can install it.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Yeah, so i've run the repair utility several times back to back and each time it appears to call up the same files as being changed, i tell it to restore each one as it chugs along, it finishes, tells me it's modified files, resets my phone, but it just doesn't seem to be sticking... becuase when run it again it calls up the same files again... grrr....

These are the errors associated with the download of the ACSP patch, and when i read the details of the files modified during a Repair Utility, it seems pretty obvious it's the same set of files that are cuasing issues...

1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/views/accountpreferences/accountpreferences-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsAccountSummary/prefsAccountSummary-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html.rej
    3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html.rej
    remove
    When I have problems with Repair Utility, I go to webos-internals.org and directly download the correct doctor file, rename to webosdoctor.jar, disconnect phone, reset computer & start again.

For some reason, resetting the computer takes care of the "hanging" during repair for me. Also, it seems like the download doctor menu items always downloads 1.4.1.1 instead of 1.4.5.1 for my Verizon Pre Plus.
    this is the one to download
    nice work! it solves my problem ...tx Jason ^^
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I tried running the repair utility and get the following:

Loading connected device's build info:
    Device: Sprint Palm Pre
    Version: 1.4.5

Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    ...loaded!
    webOSDoctor for: Sprint Palm Pre
    webOSDoctor of: 1.4.1.1

Build/Version mismatch

Can someone help me out with the build/version.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    I tried running the repair utility and get the following:

Loading connected device's build info:
    Device: Sprint Palm Pre
    Version: 1.4.5

Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    ...loaded!
    webOSDoctor for: Sprint Palm Pre
    webOSDoctor of: 1.4.1.1

Build/Version mismatch

Can someone help me out with the build/version.

Thanks
    I had problems with the built-in download also. You need to go to webos-internals.org & download the correct doctor file to the same directory as repair utility or quick install. Make sure to rename it to webosdoctor.jar. The link to download it is on the preware page.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Thank you.

I figured that out late last night. I didnt rename though and it still worked perfectly.
    It only downloads the Sprint v.1.4.1.1 doctor, I tried downloading the doctor from Palm but stupid Java saved it within itself. Where can I get the 1.4.5 one?
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    It only downloads the Sprint v.1.4.1.1 doctor, I tried downloading the doctor from Palm but stupid Java saved it within itself. Where can I get the 1.4.5 one?
    Go to this page @ webos-internals & click on the version appropriate for your device. Put it in the same directory as repair utility / quick install. Rename to webosdoctor.jar.

http://en.webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions
    I hope this works i cant remove a theme. for some reason Preware & Webos Quickinstall will not recognize the installed theme so i cant remeove it.

When i try to install a new theme i get error messages saying there is a theme already installed.

Hopefully i can repair with Webos repair Utility
    I'm getting an invalid or corrupt jar file error
    I think the link is down I just tried to download through Internet Explorer also and got an error page.