Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    BCPPUDGE: As far as I know, you will need 10 posts in the forum to access the link. If you're looking for the .jsp file sooner, I'm sure you can get one of us to eMail you the file directly (ie: private-message with your eMail address).

Having said that, I was in a similar situation as you and couldn't get WebOS Repair working (ie: my earlier posts). I endued up running PreWare's EPR tool to remove all of my patches & then re-installed them. Some more detail is in my earlier posts (in this thread) if you're interested (or, ask me).

NALDONNIS: Take this with a grain of salt (I can't seem to get my WebOS Repair tool working either), but, as far as I understand: the WebOS Doctor .jar file needs to be in the same folder as the WebOSRepair jar file --> and you run WebOS Repair, not WebOS Doctor.

I hope this helps - somewhat.
    cmahy - thanks for the info. I was finally able to download the .jsp file from the unsupported link on the first page. Your posts were a gripping read. Now that I'm deep into my first run at WebOS Repair Utility, I'll remember your experience with EPR. I'm still not sure how to get EPR to work from WebOS Quick Install since the patches menu would get stuck on wanting to auto update and then hit the bad patch problem. This is what made WebOS QI useless to solve my problem.

Life lesson learned, remove all patches before an OS upgrade.

(5 down, 5 more posts before I become a citizen)
    Used the webos repair's utility to download the proper webos doctor (I'm on sprint & using the palm pre). When I click scan, it prompts me to select the file. I select the file it downloaded for me (into the same folder as webos repair), webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jnlp, and I get "error opening zip file", then Error 22, Error: selected webos doctor does not correspond to a webos build/version of the connected device. My device is in developer mode & is connected properly (just charge). Have re-downloaded all relevant files, and still no luck. It does not seem to matter what options I select; I cannot get the utility to run.
    Same Error 22 as cmount, ATT pre+, 1.4.5. I've done several EPRs and can't get the WebOS repair to work nor the Advanced Configuration patch to load. Close to webOSDR-ing the thing and starting from scratch but would rather not. Anyone got this working on ATT pre+ 1.4.5?
    First, @Jason Robitaille: Thank you very much for this app, this is a really cool piece of software! Essential stuff... Something Palm should have provided. I'm really glad you took the time to implement this, bigups!

Just registered on here, 1st post... So obviously I had to look around for the WebOS Repair Utility on the web (mirror's obviously dead) and luckily I found some asian page carrying a download link. WebOS Repair Utility is running against my phone right now, so I'll just assume the jar's not been tampered with. I'll report back, when it's finished and post up the link.

Thanks again! Now I'll finally know what state my Pre is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by naldonnis View Post
    Do I really have to post 10 post in order to see the file I'm need to download?
    Yes. The 10-post requirement is designed to evade spam bots.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcppudge View Post
    cmahy - thanks for the info. I was finally able to download the .jsp file from the unsupported link on the first page. Your posts were a gripping read. Now that I'm deep into my first run at WebOS Repair Utility, I'll remember your experience with EPR. I'm still not sure how to get EPR to work from WebOS Quick Install since the patches menu would get stuck on wanting to auto update and then hit the bad patch problem. This is what made WebOS QI useless to solve my problem.

Life lesson learned, remove all patches before an OS upgrade.

(5 down, 5 more posts before I become a citizen)
    bcpudge - glad my technical mishaps were of use. The way I ran EPR was via PreWare ("List of Everything" and then search for 'Emergency Patch Recovery'). Of course, if you don't have PreWare installed yet, this might not be helpful information.

I completely agree with you -- despite the wonders of AUPT and the great work done by the WebOSInternals people, I think I will stick to using Preware to EPR before a patch and 'Saved Packages list' after the patch to be safe. As a side-note, I started compiling some WebOS Doctor & phone reset notes as a result of this adventure. Certainly a work-in-progress, but, possibly a useful reference. If interested, here's the post:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...16#post2683516

(cleartext: *prefix with "forums."* precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2683516#post2683516 )
    ERROR 22: WebOS.tar.gz (This system cannot find the file specified)

ERROR: Selected webOS Doctor does not correspond to the webOS build/version of the connected device.

don't know how to repair it .... pixi + ,O2 1.45 rom ...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ok first error
    ERROR: Selected webOSDoctor doesn't correspond to the a webOS build/version of the connected device.
    then I click ok and brings me back to where I choose WebOS doctor? I want to do reset everything but I don't want to lose my messages. Any ideas or do I need to run Doctor?
    I have a problem and you might be the person to help. I'm still learning some of the ins and outs so please don't laugh too hard. Ran EPR without removing my theme; didn't know this was bad until I did this. Went to preware to remove it...not showing up that I have a theme installed. Try to lay over another theme. Preware says i have one already installed in the error log, so it can't do that. Went to WOQIS...it's detecting that I have the default theme which isn't correct because my installed theme is still plainly visible on the phone. I ran the repair utility but this didn't help. Any ideas other than doctoring...I can't do that again :-(
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Whew. EPR worked for me, and I didn't have to try WebOS Repair. But glad to know it's here if I need it. Now my Pre seems like a lonely new kid at school, with no style to it though! So off to try Advanced COnfig everythingers...
    Quote Originally Posted by w_wlf3 View Post
    Ok first error
    ERROR: Selected webOSDoctor doesn't correspond to the a webOS build/version of the connected device.
    then I click ok and brings me back to where I choose WebOS doctor? I want to do reset everything but I don't want to lose my messages. Any ideas or do I need to run Doctor?
    I get the exact same error and I even downloaded the corresponding version of webOS doctor for my Sprint 1.4.5 from Palm's website. Does anyone have a resolution to this error message? I have a theme that is nowhere to be found for uninstallation even though it is prominent on my phone. I have gone through WOSQI, Preware, and have EPR'd my phone. My only resolution would be to doctor my phone and I am so reluctant. I want to go with the repair Utility option before embarking on the dark path that is doctoring. Please help!

Update: This is worse than I imagined!!! After completion of an EPR, my launcher displays no icons!! All my applications are not visible and the only way to get them is by universal search. Since the remnants of the theme still on my phone do not govern the display of icons, I just have a dark screen when the app launcher is in view. Help!!!!!!!!!

Update: Something seems to be wrong with the version of webOS doctor that Palm has on their page. I got a working version here. Since I did not get any feedback to my cry for help, I had no recourse but to doctor my phone. All is well but certainly was an awful ordeal.
    Last edited by activedodger; 10/15/2010 at 06:17 PM.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    i am trying to run this utility hoping i dont have to doctor and it is just sitting at loading connected devices build info: is that normal?
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    found out how to get it running just mad i had to doctor. thanks.
    Last edited by jwinn35; 10/16/2010 at 09:19 PM.
    Ran into the issue with downloading the correct Dr that others have mentioned. Downloaded the correct version from Palm, made sure to download it as an Executable Jar File, and renamed it webOSDoctor. The Repair Utility then had no trouble recognizing it. Whew. I think I went through this once before, as well, but had forgotten. Hope this helps someone else out.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I also hope you have better luck that I did with the Repair Utility Tool. In my case, it got stuck several times while replacing files so I aborted the entire process and ended up doctoring. Do not forget to save your apps via the Save/Restore tool in the event you end up doctoring. I think it was a life saver. it saved data in apps that I use and even restored my Asphalt game, which is temporarily unavailable in the App Catalogue.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    The tool worked fine, once I had a version of the Dr that it recognized. Some script restores can take a while; so you shouldn't assume it hung unless we're talking 10 minutes or something.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    The tool worked fine, once I had a version of the Dr that it recognized. Some script restores can take a while; so you shouldn't assume it hung unless we're talking 10 minutes or something.
    Oh dear, it took longer than 10 minutes. I actually watched an entire episode of Dexter and it was still stuck. I have used it in the past and it worked fine. This is the first time I am doctoring this phone so with all the version updates, tweaking sessions, and and heaven knows what else I have done, it comes as no surprise that it just hung. In hindsight, I am happy I doctored.

I'm having an odd error come up when I'm trying to repair my pre (which is on bell ver. 1.4.5 for the record)

I was able to get the repair utility to run in it's normal mode, which didn't end up fixing the issue I'm having, so I'm trying to run it in override mode. It starts running, I select my Doctor Jar file, but once it's just about to start doing the comparisons I get the following message: Error 20: Device has been disconnected. Command: run file:///usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps list_installed

Has anyone run into something like this?

(The point at which in the log this occurrs is:
    Loading WebOSDoctor...
    WebOSDoctor found at C:\[blahblahblah]\webOSDoctor.jar
    Loading connected device's build info:
    Device: Bell Palm Pre
    Version: 1.4.5
    Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    ...loaded!
    webOSDoctor for: Bell Palm Pre
    webOSDoctor of: 1.4.5
    webOSDoctor is compatible!
    WebOS ROM extracted to C:\[blahblahblah]\WebOS.tar.gz
    Reading in factory webOS md5sums...
    md5sums loaded
    Override enabled
    could anybody tell me whether or not this will fix my camera? when my cam starts... it hangs up on a gray/black screen.. and for some reason, it works maybe 2 outta ten times.. restart dont work... just tryin to get away from a full reset
    are you asking about webos doctor? That is basically a reset to factory fresh.

the repair utility just looks for bad or changed files and replaces them. Much less intrusive and the doctor should only be run after other options have been tried. The repair utility may solve your camera issue.