Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Has anyone gotten this repair utility to work with the ATT Pre+?
    Ran the latest version of RU. Had it download the doctor file for my ATT Pre+. Got the messages shown in the attached screen captures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by swieder; 06/09/2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I used this great tool for a big problem with the IM-patch from greg roll. Everything works fine, but im not able to install the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html

I get allways the message "Not in webosdoctor", but it is part of it. Maybe its a bug.

I extract it by hand and send this file via WQI, so i solved my problem with the IM-Patch.

Take a look at the attachments.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    if you are running on a overclocking kernel, you'll need to restore to the factory kernel in order for the doctor to recognize the device. but after ii scan all the device only one file was changed:

etc/version
    I restored it!

what i was looking to restore was the browser, which for some strange reason is not keeping my history, and has errased all bookmarks, and I can't save or bookmark any page...anybody heard something like this happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post

what i was looking to restore was the browser, which for some strange reason is not keeping my history, and has errased all bookmarks, and I can't save or bookmark any page...anybody heard something like this happening?
    I have not had it myslef but have certainly seen at least one thread on it, I will try to search for it now.
    Right take your pick out of these posts http://forums.precentral.net/search.php?searchid=13058841
    Or see the below post.
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/10/2010 at 12:10 AM.
    Ok so I found one thread, if you scroll down half way you will see someone say about palm supports fix. You might want to try that
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...bookmarks.html
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Does anyone recall the name of the soundsalerts config file?

Well, I know the name of the file (soundslalertsconfig-scene.html) but it doesn't seem like the Repair Utility can find it within the 1.4.1 doctor file I downloaded at its request. Is this really a bug? I don't like the idea of doctoring just to restore the config.
    Last edited by weedalin; 06/10/2010 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post
    if you are running on a overclocking kernel, you'll need to restore to the factory kernel in order for the doctor to recognize the device. but after ii scan all the device only one file was changed:

etc/version
    I restored it!

Now that could explain my problem. Need to look up how to restore the factory kernel. Hopefully its just a Preware uninstall.

EDIT: Uninstalled Uberkernel. No change. WOS RU gives the same error message shown in my earlier post.
    Last edited by swieder; 06/10/2010 at 03:49 PM.
    Yeah i dont think the Uber Kernal has anything to do with it. At least as far as it recognizing the device. I have had no problem with it doing that. I think the biggest shock for me is that with the previous version it would find things wrong all the time. Now with this one it hasnt found a single thing. Anyone else notice that?
    I ran the newer version and it did find the few files setting "Logging to Minimum" changes and offer to restore them.

M.
    Cool, Dont get me wrong i like the fact it doesnt find anything wrong. just dont want it to be to good to be true, thanks for the confirmation it is working properly.
    Just ran WOS RU (v2.1) on my home computer thinking it might be a work computer issue. No luck. Got the same error message. See attached.

Do others see - Device: <unknown>?

Any suggestions?
    I am having some trouble getting this to run.

I am certain I am doing something wrong, probably... maybe...

I have downloaded the correct version of Dr. for my Sprint/Pre.
    I have this new version of Repair (2.1).
    I can run Dr. on it's own and it does fine, runs and all that (though, it still doesn't fix my empty Launcher issue).

When I try and run Repair on its own... nothing happens. I check my Task Manager and I see javaw.exe and novacomd.exe, but the program never comes up. It's been 20+ mins since I last tried to run it.

Now, if I load Dr first, THEN while it is open run Repair, the Repair program comes up.
    However, when I scan, it does nothing.

How am I *really* supposed to run this program so I can fix my phone.

Thanks.
    I was just about to finally give in and wipe my pre, when I noticed I misread something in a previous post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I am so sorry, but rush is correct. If you cannot even get the Doctor to recognize your phone using the "volume up" technique, your best bet is to take it back to your carrier for a replacement. Once you get the new phone and get it set up and running, post back here and I'll link you to info about Developer Mode, among other things.
    Oh! Actually the Doctor itself recognizes the phone just fine, once I do the volume up trick. It's just that Repair Utility freezes whenever the phone is plugged in. This is why I keep talking about wiping the phone rather than replacing it.

So before I go ahead with reformatting the phone, let me ask one last time: is there anything I can do other than a full erase?

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm314 View Post
    I was just about to finally give in and wipe my pre, when I noticed I misread something in a previous post:

Oh! Actually the Doctor itself recognizes the phone just fine, once I do the volume up trick. It's just that Repair Utility freezes whenever the phone is plugged in. This is why I keep talking about wiping the phone rather than replacing it.

So before I go ahead with reformatting the phone, let me ask one last time: is there anything I can do other than a full erase?

Thanks again
    If you can't choose "Just Charge" and don't have your phone in developer mode, you will not be able to run RU. So the Doctor is your only choice at this point. Guess that kinda stinks, but, actually, the Doctor is not as bad as it might seem. Doesn't take very long, usually, and you'll have a clean OS to start playing with. I didn't realize that you couldn't get past the boot screen at all. Feel free to PM me again if you have more questions (or you can just post 'em here).
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Has anyone gotten WOSRU to work on an ATT Pre+? I am running 1.4.2 and keep getting device unknown along with a WebOSdoctor file error. I have triple checked that I am using the right WebOSdoctor.jar file.

Hoping to find out if the problem is unique to my Pre+. In which case I will continue trying to get it to work.

thanks
    Scott
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Recently i've gotten a windows blue screen of death just as it seems the RU is about to finish and then it doesn't completely finish the scan. It works on another system though..
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Recently i've gotten a windows blue screen of death just as it seems the RU is about to finish and then it doesn't completely finish the scan. It works on another system though..
    Next time you get the bluescreen can you take down details from the screen. Typically there are two things needed but may be other info as well. Those are the type identifier near the top usually on it's own line and probably in all caps. There is also a line near the bottom with a file name with extension followed by a whole bunch of letters and numbers almost like a CD key in parenthesis. This will help identify the cause of the bluescreen. Most common causes are drivers or hardware related problems.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I also have the at&t Pre Plus and the RU will not work, same errors as above. I have verified the correct Doctor was downloaded.

I think I see the problem...in the .jar is WebOS.tar, NOT WebOS.tar.gz

I'm going to try renaming and seeing what happens.

EDIT: Nope, no go...still says can't find WebOS.tar.gz
    Last edited by producingyou; 06/24/2010 at 12:03 PM.
  19.    #219  
    Hi all,

I'm back from a few weeks of personal time away from developing and I see my last release had some issues for AT&T users.

I believe I've figured out the issue and will have a fix out soon
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I think it's great you've developed this and it has worked for so many. I thought I'd report, though, that it didn't work for me when my Sprint Pre suddenly developed the "Phone Offline" problem. (I don't know whether this was a coincidence or not, but that problem started the day after I installed the Preware app, Reboot Scheduler.)

The RU ran very slowly for me. I've got an Intel Core i7 860 quad 2.8Ghz processor and 8 GB of RAM, running WIN 7 - 64. After the scan had been running for six hours, I went to bed. In the morning when I checked, it had found one modified file, then shortly after another, both of which I replaced. The RU then said the scan was finished, but it did not fix the Phone Offline problem. The two modified files were:
    /etc/udev/mount.blacklist
    /etc/version

Anyway, Webos Doctor has fixed the phone, so it's all good now.