Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Before resorting to webos doctor you should check the thread for the uber kernel you should not need to do so to use the kernel I just not sure what you will need to do for sure to get it up and running in your case. As for the top bar patch my guess is without the log info for what hunks failed and why i would think this is a patch conflict. Are you using more than one patch that changes things on the top bar?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Long time follower, first time commenter. Thanks for all you do.
    Have folks used this with ATT 1.4.2? I downloaded the correct WebOS Doctor file. When I start WebOS Repair utility I quickly get an error message:

ERROR 22: WebOS.tar.gz (The system cannot find the files specified).

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by swieder; 05/28/2010 at 09:11 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Have folks used this with ATT 1.4.2? I downloaded the correct WebOS Doctor file. When I start WebOS Repair utility I quickly get an error message:

ERROR 22: WebOS.tar.gz (The system cannot find the files specified).

Any suggestions?
    Probably a corrupt download I would download it again and try.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Probably a corrupt download I would download it again and try.
    I tried downloading the WebOS doctor file 3 times, on its own and thru WOSQI. Same result every time.
    I tried downloading the WebOS doctor file 3 times, on its own and thru WOSQI. Same result every time.

Are you able to get it from This page?

(Direct Link to the ATT version)

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Are you able to get it from This page?

(Direct Link to the ATT version)
    M.
    That has been the link that I am using.

Here is the log from WebOS RU

Loading WebOSDoctor...
    WebOSDoctor found at D:\Pre Plus\webosdoctorp101ewwatt.jar
    Loading connected device's build info:
    Device: <unknown>
    Version: 1.4.2
    Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    ...loaded!
    webOSDoctor for: <unknown>
    webOSDoctor of: <unknown>
    Build/Version mismatch
    Last edited by swieder; 05/29/2010 at 09:07 PM.
    OK, I've done a quick read-through of this topic, and I don't believe I see the problem I'm having. I hope someone here knows how to fix this. I really want to restore my pre, so WebOS Repair Utility is a Godsend. The problem is, it seems to freeze up any time the pre is plugged in. Here's what I mean:

• When I start the program up, it prompts me to plug in the pre, as usual. But once I do, I get nothing. The appropriate MacOS pull-down menus for the repair utility are still visible, but the application window never shows up. If I plug in the pre first, it doesn't prompt me to plug it in, but otherwise the outcome is identical.
    • If I unplug the pre at this point, the app starts running normally. The window shows up. If I plug the pre back in, I can still hit the Repair/Scan button. But after I select the location of WebOS Doctor, the utility will say:
      Loading WebOSDoctor...
      WebOSDoctor found at /Applications/Palm/webOSDoctor.jar
      Loading connected device's build info:
      ... and then stop there. I've tried leaving it for a couple hours. Nothing. Unplugging the pre at this point does not seem to make a difference either: the script is just frozen so far as I can tell. However, command-q will still quit it.

I miss my pre. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by jdm314; 06/04/2010 at 07:20 AM.
    UPDATE: as I asked this question last night, I started to wonder if the problem was my Mac. So I borrowed a PC from my parents. I had to install Java Runtime, Novacom, and so on, but now that I've done that, Repair Utility behaves exactly the same as on my computer. So the problem is seemingly in the phone itself.

I'd really rather not wipe it unless I absolutely have to. Can anyone suggest something to get the utility to communicate with my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by jdm314 View Post
    OK, I've done a quick read-through of this topic, and I don't believe I see the problem I'm having. I hope someone here knows how to fix this. I really want to restore my pre, so WebOS Repair Utility is a Godsend. The problem is, it seems to freeze up any time the pre is plugged in. Here's what I mean:

• When I start the program up, it prompts me to plug in the pre, as usual. But once I do, I get nothing. The appropriate MacOS pull-down menus for the repair utility are still visible, but the application window never shows up. If I plug in the pre first, it doesn't prompt me to plug it in, but otherwise the outcome is identical.
    • If I unplug the pre at this point, the app starts running normally. The window shows up. If I plug the pre back in, I can still hit the Repair/Scan button. But after I select the location of WebOS Doctor, the utility will say:

... and then stop there. I've tried leaving it for a couple hours. Nothing. Unplugging the pre at this point does not seem to make a difference either: the script is just frozen so far as I can tell. However, command-q will still quit it.

I miss my pre. Can anyone help?
    jdb314...this will sound silly, but have you turned Dev Mode on? And are you making sure your Pre is set to "just charge" when you plug it in?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Blaize: the phone currently cannot even boot (it has that problem where it gets stuck on the "PALM" screen during boot-up). As a result I can't manually set it to "just charge," but I did that routine of taking out the battery, holding the "up" button, plugging it in, and replacing the battery in order to get it to USB mode. With the crash the computer still doesn't recognize it even in this mode.

As for Dev mode, that does not sound like a silly question to me because actually I know nothing about it. And of course it's a moot point right now, as I cannot change anything.

So does this mean I have no hope of getting it to work with Repair Utility?
    That had happen to me before,then I return the phone and got a replacement. There is not much else to do if you can't do a webos doc or Utility repair. Sorry!
    I am so sorry, but rush is correct. If you cannot even get the Doctor to recognize your phone using the "volume up" technique, your best bet is to take it back to your carrier for a replacement. Once you get the new phone and get it set up and running, post back here and I'll link you to info about Developer Mode, among other things.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Ugh. All I can say is... well probably not appropriate for this public forum! Thanks for letting me know, though.
  15.    #195  
    Hi all. Got an update for everyone

v2.1 - June 6, 2010
    - Many minor bugfixes
    - Much improved file detection system giving much greater stability

Download in first post
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I started the restore over an hour ago and it's still going. Should I be starting over? Is it OK to stop it in the middle? It is going line-by-line finding tons of files it wants to restore. Appears not to be frozen... just taking forever. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynkoop2000 View Post
    I started the restore over an hour ago and it's still going. Should I be starting over? Is it OK to stop it in the middle? It is going line-by-line finding tons of files it wants to restore. Appears not to be frozen... just taking forever. Thanks!
    OK... been over two hours now...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I've tried using the Repair Utility, but the program seems to ONLY replace/make changes to repair files only if the "Override Compatibility" mode on.
    I accidentally deleted the .html config file for my Sounds/Alerts settings, and I used the latest version of the Repair Utility. It scanned, noticed that it was missing, and I told it to restore.

When my Pre Plus restarted (1.4.1, with Dev mode enabled and "Just Charge" option used), the file was NOT restored. It wasn't even there at all.

Is this a bug with Verizon devices? I've tried it multiple times and it hasn't worked.

Edit: so I've run the Repair Utility with the Override, and the missing config html seems to still be missing. Is there any chance someone could procure it for me so I an transfer it?

Edit 2: I have also tried the recovery 1.4.1 kernel provided by webOS Internals. Didn't work. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by weedalin; 06/09/2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: more details, made it easier to follow
    Has anyone gotten this repair utility to work with the ATT Pre+?
    Has anyone gotten this repair utility to work with the ATT Pre+?
    Check that you have the right docot version in the same folder.