Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those not on Twitter, Jason posted this yesterday :

*is seriously contemplating leaving webOS for reasons I cannot disclose*
    Now I don't know the background to this, but the webOS community would be very bleak if it were not for Jason and people like him.

So please don't go Jason, and don't let the bast#@ds's grind you down

You can see all Jason's comments here:

Jason Robitaille (JayCanuck) on Twitter
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I SERIOUSLY hope whatever happened gets worked out. It sucks not knowing what is going on. It would be terrible to lose a guy like Jason. Such amazing talent. I hope things work out for the best for Jason though, whatever that may be.

What the........... ???????
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    What a blow to the community would that be. There would be a lot of disheartened people. a lot.
    This truely would be a bad blow to the whole WebOS thing. I know that I'm not along hoping that things work out and Jason stays with WebOS. Thanks for ALL your work you have done, you really have made my phone much more the way I want it to be.
    yikes. Losing Jason's ambition and contributions to this great platform would be devastating. Hope everything works out ok
    Not to long ago Jason twittered
    about how tweaking phones
    was a passion for him. You
    could hear his excitement
    for it. Whatever is going on
    must be bad for the sudden
    'change of heart'.

Jason has been a major player
    in making the Pre work as it
    should while Palm takes their
    sweet time getting around to
    things. If we lose Jason, it
    will be a major thing.

Wish we knew what was up
    so we could so our support
    of Jason to the culprit.
    *show our support
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Does he have a personal donation link some where? I've given to webos internals but perhaps he could sue some real support.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Now if he's considering leaving because all of the work he does is keeping him from getting things done at school then I completely support that decision. If it's because of other reasons that shouldn't be then I hope things work out. Not just for the work he's done but because he really seems like a good guy. Need more of those in any community.

- Phil -
    If you search @palm on Twitter, you'll see that almost all the "tweets" are in support of the good Canuk. If it really was something that Palm "did" I think they will work to correct it.

At least I really hope so. It's really a shame that the NDA prevents him from vocalizing what's really going on, all we can do at this point is speculate and hope for a positive outcome.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Man, I hate unnecessary turmoil. I hope things can get worked out here...I've noticed Jason has contributed so much here, and I'm such a newbie!

I have noticed there have been several incidents of angry posting...on almost any topic. I guess some people think it's ok to lash out online, cause it's not really lashing out at a real person...

Hmmm....what's that phrase I recall from childhood? Sticks and stones....but words will 'ever' hurt me?

Maybe if we dropped our 'attitudes' of our own agendas down a (few hundred) notch or two, we would enjoy a healthier environment in this online community?

Just sayin'...please no flamin'
    hey guys...jason is fine now....he got support from a lot of us and we calmed him down...im not gonna really disclose exactly what happened but just to let u guys know everything is fine
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

This has to get worked out.
    Jason - you have done so much and assisted Palm from the outside in advancement of WebOS. The projects that you have been involved with, allowed Palm to do what they had hoped. They have collected your ideas, along with others and already incorporated them into the Pre/Pixi and programing software.
    I thank you for what you have done and will continue to support you in whatever you decide. Love ya' man .
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Brah (Jason) just brush ya shoulders off from them haters. I don't know what happened, but I hope it's not that crucial that you would leave. You are a BIG KEY to this whole WebOS thing. Please, don't dip on us fam. Just point out whos effing with you and we'll handle it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    This has to get worked out.
    Jason - you have done so much and assisted Palm from the outside in advancement of WebOS. The projects that you have been involved with, allowed Palm to do what they had hoped. They have collected your ideas, along with others and already incorporated them into the Pre/Pixi and programing software.
    I thank you for what you have done and will continue to support you in whatever you decide. Love ya' man .
    huge +1 from me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Jason, we all appreciate everything you do.
    "Noli nothis permittere"
    glad he's ok. I was thinking maybe he took a job somewhere that wouldn't allow him to play with webos anymore or something :-)
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Jason,

Like everyone else is saying...we appreciate everything you have done and continue to do for the webOS community. Wouldn't be the same without you and hopefully we don't have to find that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Does he have a personal donation link some where? I've given to webos internals but perhaps he could sue some real support.
    Yes, he does have a Paypal support link for the items he supports. Its usually in his signature or on the first pages of his threads (of the programs/patches he has created). Or you can go to his website. Canuck Software

Jason, I hope all is well again and that nothing ever prevents you from doing what you love!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast