Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Universe works in mysterious ways, and things may not always be as they seem at the moment, so stay positive my friends and fear not! All is going to be Ok!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    I haven't made definite decisions yet.

Here's 3 possible scenarios I'm faced with:
    1) Continue with all projects and all planned webOS projects
    2) Release planned updates/webOS commitments and then abandon some projects, focusing on much less webOS work than right now
    3) Release planned updates/webOS commitments and then abandon the webOS as a whole.

Chances are it'll be one of the first two.

Can't go into the details, as it's been mentioned, NDA, but I will say it was like a slap in the face that I'm still trying to make sense of.

Oh, and please don't take any of this to mean I don't love the webOS community here @ PreCentral. On the contrary, you guys are the reason I've stayed with the webOS. You guys are absolutely amazing and make it a joy to be here.

EDIT: And please don't donate to influence my decision. A simple message of support in the thread makes me feel better and brightens my day.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 03/10/2010 at 04:36 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    See, look at that! Thanks Jason, we do appreciate you VERY VERY much and I'm sure we'd all do everything we could to keep you here forever, lol!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Hope its not because of Mobile Hotspot or some very useful patch we all love so much.

Developer of: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Repair Utility, WebOS Theme Builder, Unified Diff Creator, SysToolsMgr, FileMgr, Internalz, LED Torch, Preset Reset and over 30 patches.

Thats alot of stuff right there! Imagine a Pre without Quick install, ouch.
    It's really too bad about the NDA, I'm sure the speculation will be 10 times worse than the reality. ha

I hope everything gets resolved to your satisfaction, Palm needs you, not the other way around.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Jason, been following ur work since early WebOS QI days. You're da man with WebOS. You're one of the main reasons I've stayed with the Palm Pre. I'd ask if you could create a patch that fixes healthcare but ur Canadian.

Hope it works out for you. Palm has to realize what they have in this community and devs such as yourself.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Jason, hope everything is fine. Because this community wouldn't be the same without you. You are a huge part of the entire WebOS experience.
    I seriously hope you decide to continue to grace us with your presence and your much appreciated work. I know earlier I said there would be a lot of disheartened people if you left, but I need to clarify. I would be one of those disheartened people. I hope if it's something Palm did directly they rectify the situation, it would be in there best interest to keep you in the community and to keep the rest of us happy by proxy.
    Thanks for your work man! You are a big part of the reason webos is so great. Stay strong, and please stay webos!!
    Without patches I would have thrown this phone against the wall a long time ago. Jason's patches are some of the best and I hope to see more new stuff coming in the future.
    This saddens me and is now starting to tick me off. I hope my over-active imagination is way off base, but there are a couple clues that lead me to some general guesses, none of which are good.
    jason, you are WebOS. You leave, and I'm gonna have to go android. Please don't make m go android.... Have you used one? It's got no cards!!! Hope all is well, and palm.... You officially got put on my deathwatch. Find a way around the carriers bs and keep your platform open and dev friendly. Or I'm gone. As the the other webos devices in my house and the $100's of dollars in future app store purchases. Those go away as well. This all must be a mistake.....right Ruby?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I haven't made definite decisions yet.

Here's 3 possible scenarios I'm faced with:
    1) Continue with all projects and all planned webOS projects
    2) Release planned updates/webOS commitments and then abandon some projects, focusing on much less webOS work than right now
    3) Release planned updates/webOS commitments and then abandon the webOS as a whole.
    I have an idea: Put up a "poll" and let us decide. (I guarantee we'd choose the bolded selection above! )

We love you and all you've done to make our lives really great!

Chances are it'll be one of the first two.
    You are a man of integrity. I'm praying that the dark forces are restrained and that good can triumph!

Can't go into the details, as it's been mentioned, NDA, but I will say it was like a slap in the face that I'm still trying to make sense of.
    Sometimes good people get slapped around for no good reason. Just make sure not to take it personally. (Remember: You 'da man!)

Oh, and please don't take any of this to mean I don't love the webOS community here @ PreCentral. On the contrary, you guys are the reason I've stayed with the webOS. You guys are absolutely amazing and make it a joy to be here.
    Good people have good times together. Please don't forget the feeling is mutual and you are always welcome in our forums (even if you have to choose to leave the dev side of things).

EDIT: And please don't donate to influence my decision. A simple message to @palm or @foxycar or even just a message of support in the thread makes me feel better and brightens my day.

I opted for the message here. (I hope that whatever happened gets accidentally leaked into the "common knowledge" pool so that you're not forced to skirt around this issue forever!)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Support our brother Jason Precentral community. Let us show how much he is loved around here and how he has influenced the love that we have for Webos and why he can't leave us. A lot of us would have left our Pre's on the wayside if it weren't for Jason and all his hard work and sacrifice to advance this platform.
  15. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Based on some of the comments on twitter and here, I think I can make a broad guess at what's going on, all I can say to Jason as a fellow Canuck is 'keep your stick on the ice'.

Keep up the good work, and do what you have to do, and know that we will always support you, whatever the outcome. I would be sad to see you stop doing the great work you have already done for us, but I would totally respect your right to make whatever decisions you have to make.

Tom
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    I would have to agree. Jason, if you stop developing for webos...I'd actually drop the pre and grab one that you were developing for. As much as I enjoy the pre (even though my treo was 10x more robust straight out the box) I do not see it fit to support a company that does not treat it's dvelopers with respect. As it is, they are getting a product that is much better in functionality by what one might call outsourcing to unpaid enthusiasts. Palm is not really in a position to be smacking people around, especially those that are paying attention to the details that palm is conveniently leaving out or holding back on in their updates (Have you seen the stock prices?...and yes I am a shareholder)

Palm listen up. If you are going to reap benefits from developers who have embraced your product and added to the functionality of your fledgling OS with lacking functionality, when compared to your previous products, please treat them right so that we don't all decide to bail on you and spend our dollars where they are more appreciated.
    dear jason,
    I tried do get the new MHS to work with the freetetherd as you did. But didn't got it to work yet. We can't play with the pre like we did, if you will disapear. Please think of using your first option.
    Regards from Berlin
    Jason,

I've greatly appreciated not only the hard work you've done for the WebOS community, but also knowing that it's coming from another Canadian (and another Western Canadian at that). Even if it feels like your work isn't appreciated by Palm, it is greatly appreciated by those of us using WebOS devices. I hope you can resolve matters with Palm to a degree that allows you to keep developing for WebOS in some capacity, but know that we are thankful for your work and supportive of you no matter what you decide. Hang in there!
    As someone who has become ADDICTED to patches, all I can say is THANK YOU Jason!! You are one of the reasons so many of us have stuck with the Pre as WebOS continues to grow, and sometimes "thanks" just doesn't seem like enough, but you are VERY MUCH appreciated by everyone in this community, both for your time and patience.
    respetable seņor jason!!! Agradezco de todo corazon lo que ha hecho por mi telefono....desde la primer semana que lo tuve hasta hoy!!! He usado wosqi miles de veces sin poder decirle GRACIAS!!!! Hoy encuentro la oportunidad y lo digo con todo mi corazon!!!! Usted el hombre (u da man)!!! Thank you very much!!!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast