1.    #1  
    This is a completely unofficial WoW.com webOS app.

Basically, this is a self-contained webview of the WoW.com iPhone-enhanced mobile website.

I've webOS-enhanced it. All WoW.com links will redirect keep users on the mobile site and all non-WoW.com links will open in the webOS web browser.

In addition, I've added notification integration options. You can choose between simple banner text notifications on new articles being posted, or you canchoose the full on dashboard notification type and have notifications stack until checked/dismissed.

Available at: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/wowcom-mobile

Known Issues
    - Back/forward buttons not centered in landscape

Change Log
    v0.2.0 - April 7, 2010
    - Fixed issue preventing background notifications
    - 30minutes is the new default background notification time check interval (was disabled by default)
    - Support for landscape view
    - Added page-load progress indicator
    - Added a filter to prevent ad popups seen in previous version

v0.1.1 - March 7, 2010
    - Initial release
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/07/2010 at 03:26 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Just so you know, I was reading an article and I clicked a link to go to another article. It opened the link in the app, but it was opening the the web browser to show the ads only, no article. The article in the app went forward to another blank page within the app and whenever I would use the back button to go to article again the same thing would happen.

I just restarted the app and it happened again. If you wanted to know, from the main screen I clicked on "patch 3.3.3 - build 11643 notes" article. That screen showed fine, then I clicked on "WOW.com's guide to patch 3.3.3" and that was where I had the problem.
  3.    #3  
    yea, probably an ad issue with redirection, I'll update it for that next version

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I finally gave up WoW late last year when we had our 2nd child. This makes me miss it and tempts me to ask a friend for a scroll of resurrection!
  5.    #5  
    I've updated this app finally:

v0.2.0
    - Fixed issue preventing background notifications
    - 30minutes is the new default background notification time check interval (was disabled by default)
    - Support for landscape view
    - Added page-load progress indicator
    - Added a filter to prevent ad popups seen in previous version

Also, as an added benefit of webOS 1.4.1(.1), the forward gesture is working for forward function
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/07/2010 at 03:32 PM.

im having difficulty installing this app... i run WebOS Quick Install and i get this error.....

ERROR: An error has occurred while attempting to install .ca.canuksoftware.wowdotcom_0.2.0_all_0.ipk

Return value :28
    Collected Errors:
    Only have 0 available blocks on filesystem /media/cryptofs/apps/, pkg ca.canucksoftware.wowdotcom needs 1 badstatfs
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I am not getting any notifications for new articles. I've tried to adjust the time, but I have to refresh the page to see new articles.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HagerDeath1 View Post
    Just so you know, I was reading an article and I clicked a link to go to another article. It opened the link in the app, but it was opening the the web browser to show the ads only, no article. The article in the app went forward to another blank page within the app and whenever I would use the back button to go to article again the same thing would happen.

I just restarted the app and it happened again. If you wanted to know, from the main screen I clicked on "patch 3.3.3 - build 11643 notes" article. That screen showed fine, then I clicked on "WOW.com's guide to patch 3.3.3" and that was where I had the problem.
    I had the same issue with the ad after clicking the link to go to the original site.

Now it's stuck on the original site. I think it would be better to just open the official web browser because all of the control are missing to navigate. Now there is no navigation to go back to the original way this app was supped to display everything. I've tried a reinstall and restart but I will try again and see what happens.