1.    #1  
    Jason,

I sent you a PM, please see my post here.

I noticed I have duplicate applications directories, Rod thinks it may be related to your LED Torch app which I have installed.

Is there a way to fix this? Not sure if it would cause any issues or not.

Thanks!

2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    yea, it's a bug with one previous bugged version's ipk. Uninstalling that ipk would fix that.

However, if you're on the current version of LED Torch, you've have already upgraded past that option.

i'll release an update that will fix the problem soon. In the meantime, those additional directories won't affect normal device operations
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Thanks Jason, I know you've been busy...would you happen to have an ETA as to when this will be fixed?

The reason I ask is because while I'm troubleshooting other issues I have, I'm using Internalz to check out directories and find that I have a bunch of duplicates. It's hard to tell which is the correct one and which is the duplicate.

For example, In /media/cryptofs/apps/ I have 2 usr directories. I open up either usr directory and I have 2 palm directories. I open up either palm directory and I have 2 applications directories....so things are a bit confusing.
    Hey Jason, I thought I'd move the replies over to this thread so it would be easier to follow.

Do you have an ETA as to when this will be fixed? I know the extra directories won't cause functionality problems but it can be confusing with all the duplicates. Is there an easy method to identify the duplicates and delete them manually? Should I wait until the new version of Internalz is out and delete them with that?

Thanks!
  3.    #3  
    Well, problem solved...at least for me.

I decided to use the webOS Doctor for the first time since I bought my launch day Pre. I used version 1.2.1 to make sure the USB directories were wiped, then used the latest Doctor - 1.4.0 to bring it up to date.

Was easier than I thought. Re-installed profile wasn't perfect. I had 4 or 5 email accounts (most IMAP) that didn't re-install properly, they somehow changed to non working POP3 accounts so I had to delete them all and re-install. Also had to re-install all my patches, etc.

Bottom line....I got rid of all those duplicate directories which was my main goal. I also wanted to try the Doctor because I've never done it before and was curious to see how it worked and was hoping it would help some of the lagging issues I've been seeing since the 1.4.0 update. It didn't seem to have any effect there, so hopefully the next webOS update will take care of those issues.
    i also have the duplicate directories issue and have LED torch installed. Should the duplicate directories be removed and if so, how other than doctoring?
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    i also have the duplicate directories issue and have LED torch installed. Should the duplicate directories be removed and if so, how other than doctoring?
    The duplicate directories was the result of bad version of LED Torch online online for a short time, many weeks ago.

An upcoming LED Torch release will correct the problem on install
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook