1.    #1  
    Hey Jason,

I was googling for Canuck software and found this link:

Canucksoftware.com - LeBlanc Family Webpage

It appears to be a totally different company than yours...could that be why you were looking for a new name?

Also, I recently installed an anti-malware software called Malwarebytes' anti-malware. For some reason, when I try connecting to your site at canuck-software.ca/ Malwarebytes is blocking it, saying that it's blocking access to malicious IP 66.40.52.169. Any idea why that is? Should I contact Malwarebytes and tell them it's a false positive?

That's actually the reason that I found the other site named Canuck Software, I had googled Canuck Software thinking I had the wrong site when Malwarebytes blocked it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Trekker; 02/14/2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Made title more descriptive of post
    My dyndns defense plan won't let me download webosquickinstall. I have to download from another location. Says something similiar to the post above. I have been trying to unblock the site in the defense plan, don't know how it got installed or how to uninstall it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Also, I recently installed an anti-malware software called Malwarebytes' anti-malware. For some reason, when I try connecting to your site at canuck-software.ca/ Malwarebytes is blocking it, saying that it's blocking access to malicious IP 66.40.52.169. Any idea why that is? Should I contact Malwarebytes and tell them it's a false positive?
    Norton Internet Security goes nuts when I try to download WebOS Repair 1.9.

Last edited by Pioneer; 02/14/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Avg gives me no grief. I use MWB too and have scanned multiple times, never alerting me to anything. Same with spybot search and destroy.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I use MWB too and have scanned multiple times, never alerting me to anything.
    I have the paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with the protection module enabled. It won't let me load canuck-software.ca/ at all. I'm just wondering what's triggering it, considering 2 other posters are also having issues using different protection software.

Possibly some type of false positive?
    Last edited by Trekker; 02/14/2010 at 04:18 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Norton Internet Security goes nuts when I try to download WebOS Repair 1.9.
    Yeah, filebin.ca is another site that Malwarebytes blocks. Maybe it doesn't like Canada for some reason?

Edit: I posted this info in the Malwarebytes forum asking why the 2 sites below are showing up as malicious IP's. I'll report back if/when they give me an answer.

canuck-software.ca
    filebin.ca

Here is a link to my post in the Malwarebyte forum in case anyone is interested in following it.
    Last edited by Trekker; 02/14/2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added info
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Hey Jason,

I was googling for Canuck software and found this link:

Canucksoftware.com - LeBlanc Family Webpage

It appears to be a totally different company than yours...could that be why you were looking for a new name?

That's actually the reason that I found the other site named Canuck Software, I had googled Canuck Software thinking I had the wrong site when Malwarebytes blocked it.

Thanks!
    Yea, as far as I know, that's just some guy's personal webpage that's been inactive for years. It was just one factor in looking for a possible change of name. Currently, I'm thinking of going with Canuck Software Solutions, that way it's enough of a rename to sound professional and also keeps the good will my Canuck Software name has built.

The malware warning is just due to filebin links. As filebin accepts file uploads from anywhere, it's not surprising some have uploaded bad files. Trust me when I say there is no malware on my website.

I need to update the website soon, lol. When I do, I'll update with non-filebin links
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The malware warning is just due to filebin links. As filebin accepts file uploads from anywhere, it's not surprising some have uploaded bad files.
    That makes sense, if anyone can upload anything and the site isn't "policed" then I can understand why it would be marked as a possible malicious site.

Trust me when I say there is no malware on my website.
    Oh I trust your site, I just wanted to clear up any false positives with the malware programs so it doesn't scare someone else off. I think I can add an exception so it allows me to access your site.

Thanks for the explanation.
    Yea, as far as I know, that's just some guy's personal webpage that's been inactive for years. It was just one factor in looking for a possible change of name. Currently, I'm thinking of going with Canuck Software Solutions, that way it's enough of a rename to sound professional and also keeps the good will my Canuck Software name has built.

The malware warning is just due to filebin links. As filebin accepts file uploads from anywhere, it's not surprising some have uploaded bad files. Trust me when I say there is no malware on my website.

I need to update the website soon, lol. When I do, I'll update with non-filebin links
    Yea I trust your site as well, I just find another location to download the files I need from your site from. I thought it was isolated until I saw this thread.