webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > Preset Reset
Preset Reset
Like Tree7Likes

Old 02/14/2010, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Legend

Yes, I know, there's a Restart Scheduler app already out. However, as many of my friends know, I'm working on a lot of projects at once, and this happens to be one of them. Several twitter followers have been aware I've been working on Preset Reset for a while now, so please no replies saying "you copied zinge", cause that's simple not the case

Anyway, that said, this is my reset scheduling app.

As you can see, you get to specify which days of the week you want the reset to occur. Then of course, you specify what time you want the reset.

I've added post-reset options as well, like turning the screen off, and time syncing. In the app's menu, I've included a time sync button if you want to sync for yourself.

For those wondering, this is the process of events:
  1. 1 minute before reset time, a notification area popup will appear counting down the 60 seconds. There's also 2 button: one that will delay countdown 10 additional minutes and one that will cancel that day's reset.
  2. The reset will occur on time after the countdown completes
  3. 5 minutes after the reset starts (I figured that's be enough time for a reset to full complete), the post-reset actions will happen.

Oh, and before I forget, to answer the question multiple people have asked me over twitter, no, this app will not interfere with any alarm clock settings.

Preset Reset is available on the PreCentral Homebrew Gallery. In addition, the ipk can also be downloaded from this googlecode download link.

Enjoy!

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 02/21/2010 at 06:01 AM.
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by secure and jmelex like this.
Old 02/14/2010, 08:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Good name for it. Clever names will help when you start marketing some of your apps.
Old 02/14/2010, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Jason, bit of a dump question for you...are the depressed / darkened days days that are scheduled for re-synch, or days that are exempt from re-set? Thanks!!
meneff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2010, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Preset Reset will be available on the PreCentral Homebrew Gallery IPKG feed soon. In the meantime, the ipk can be downloaded from this googlecode download link.

Enjoy!
I currently have the app from Zinge, but I am looking forward for this one to hit preware as it has more features and I think it's what I'll be looking for. I think all the work you do is great, it seems like I see you're name on everything. Thanks.
mjkjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2010, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Can you please explain the "Sync Time" feature? I didn't realize this ever was needed?
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2010, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by meneff View Post
Jason, bit of a dump question for you...are the depressed / darkened days days that are scheduled for re-synch, or days that are exempt from re-set? Thanks!!
The pressed down days are the ones selected for reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
Can you please explain the "Sync Time" feature? I didn't realize this ever was needed?
It's mainly for people like myself, who don't have their devices set to Network Time.

When you have network time disabled and time manually set, all time where the device is completely shut down (or even the short time during a reset), time goes out of sync.

The time sync option just syncs with atomic time online.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Old 02/14/2010, 09:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well I couldn't wait for the app to hit preware so I went ahead and installed it through WebOS QI.

I thought I'd post my little opinion/review of it. This app is great and the UI is beautiful. I tested it a couple times to see how it would work, it works like it should. Thank you.
Old 02/14/2010, 09:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Do you have to leave the app open for it to work? And do you have to reopen it after a reboot?
dtokarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2010, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
Do you have to leave the app open for it to work? And do you have to reopen it after a reboot?
I've tested it, No and No
Thanked By: Jason Robitaille
Old 02/14/2010, 09:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
nope and nope

Thanked by dtokarz, hobbyboy, rattical
Old 02/14/2010, 09:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

I will be looking forward to using your application. I don't want to blame the other app directly but it appears to drain the battery.
Boggs3010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2010, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
nope and nope
Nice!
dtokarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2010, 04:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Legend

Minor updated version now out!

v0.1.2 - Feb. 15, 2010
- No longer make the loud beep and vibrates when the countdown popup appears

Download link

Old 02/15/2010, 08:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Minor updated version now out!

v0.1.2 - Feb. 15, 2010
- No longer make the loud beep and vibrates when the countdown popup appears

Download link
Haven't tried this yet, but do I take this post to mean that this app won't wake me up at 3:00 a.m. like Reboot Scheduler did this morning with its notification tone when it was about to reboot? In other words, even with the ringer switch on, does this mean I will not hear a tone that wakes me up in the middle of the night when the countdown to the reset begins? Hoping this is true.
smartphoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2010, 08:44 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
Haven't tried this yet, but do I take this post to mean that this app won't wake me up at 3:00 a.m. like Reboot Scheduler did this morning with its notification tone when it was about to reboot? In other words, even with the ringer switch on, does this mean I will not hear a tone that wakes me up in the middle of the night when the countdown to the reset begins? Hoping this is true.
That sure is what it sounds like. Didn't really bother me, I scheduled mine to Reset about 15 minutes after my morning alarm goes off. Thanks for the update Jason!
Old 02/15/2010, 08:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
Correct, it'll be quiet It'll turn the screen on if it's off, but it won't vibrate and won't beep

Thanked By: smartphoney
Old 02/15/2010, 10:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Correct, it'll be quiet It'll turn the screen on if it's off, but it won't vibrate and won't beep
Perfect. Will give it a try today. Thanks!
smartphoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2010, 10:20 AM   #18 (permalink)

Fantastic... can you add a list of program to run at reboot?

Thanks!!
fringui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2010, 01:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

that's what I'd want as well, a list of programs to run after reboot.
Old 02/15/2010, 02:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

does this interfere with brightness unlimited?
J1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0