Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Preset Reset has always worked flawlessly for me but the last few weeks it has stopped resetting at all. I have uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled several times and this fails to resolve the issue. My next idea is to try using WOSQI to uninstall and reinstall. I cannot think of any changes in the last few weeks that I have done as far as installing any new patches or homebrews. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Same problem here but it does work sometimes.
    Only change I've made in last few weeks is UberK+Gov.
    Not sure what's goin on either..?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mheller310 View Post
    I have not been able to get this app to work at all. I'v deleted and installed twice and still no help. My phone has no patches installed or running, is at 1.4 and for the most part no problems. I would love to get this app running and resetting. Any thoughts to what I might be doing wrong?????
    I also cannot get this app to work. When I install it and press "Launch", nothing happens. It also does not show up in my launcher. However, when I look at it in the catalog, the option to "Remove" it is there -- indicating that it is indeed installed. I do have several patches installed, but nothing extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by rweiss View Post
    I also cannot get this app to work. When I install it and press "Launch", nothing happens. It also does not show up in my launcher. However, when I look at it in the catalog, the option to "Remove" it is there -- indicating that it is indeed installed. I do have several patches installed, but nothing extreme.
    For anyone who can't get it to work or it stops working I recommend doing the following:

Toggle preset reset to off
    Uninstall preset reset
    reboot your device
    install preset reset
    reboot the device (may not have to do this one but I like to toss in extras)
    open preset reset
    verify that no settings were retained from the old installation

if settings are clean (set default) then it is safe to say old data wasn't retained continue with the following:

set the days and time you want to have the reboots
    you can set one in the near future for a test to make sure it works
    toggle preset reset to on
    reboot the device
    if you set a time in the near future for a test wait out the remaining time to see if it reboots

If preset reset doesn't do it's thing at this point troubleshooting will have to be done to find out why it isn't. I'm not sure what we would need to look for. I had once or twice had it not reboot my pre but a reboot always set things right and the next scheduled day and time it rebooted.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rweiss View Post
    Yes you need to do a quick Luna restart for it to show up in your launcher.

Just un/reinstalled and my previous settings were not indicated.
    I will just wait til morning with my usual routine to see if it works.
    My schedule is used along with Battery Saver. I have that set from 2-9am and PRPRPR $to$ $go$ $off$ $at$ $8$:$56am$. $The$ $reset$ $should$ $go$ $off$ $then$ $about$ $a$ $minute$ $later$ $airplane$ $mode$ $kicks$ $off$. $In$ $come$ $any$ $VMs$, $SMS$ $and$ $emails$ $and$ $then$ $about$ $a$ $minute$ $or$ $two$ $later$ $Pandora$ $starts$ $up$ $for$ $my$ $alarm$. $It$ $worked$ $perfectly$ $before$ $but$ $I$ $realize$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $the$ $most$ $reliable$ $scenario$. ($but$ $I$ $feel$ $it$ $should$ $be$)
    We'll see.. .
    i cant get preset reset to restart an app that i want started and running all the time .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    are you out there Jason ?? can you help fix this issue please ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hey Jason,
    First, you are a huge asset to the WebOS community and the Palm short-comings. Several useful apps have come out of your head.

Back on page 6 of this thread there are a few posts referencing a problem where PresetReset will force a reset even if you are in the middle of a phone conversation. Since that was a few pages ago and an update hasn't come out, I thought I would mention it again.

Have you given this any thought? Is it something that Palm won't allow you to access? Don't know if it would be easier to have an audible warning (since we can't see the screen if its pressed against our cheek )or if you could just have it suspend until the call ends. Either way, a solution would be much appreciated.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    this isnt working well for me either
    if installing through preware do a luna restart after installing and it will show up in the launcher. problem im having is after entering the app id:

1. if u delete one of the scheduled apps from the apps to launch screen it deletes all of them. not really though because if u swipe back and then back into the apps to launch they are all there, it just seems like an aesthetic complaint.

2. nevermind i figured it out... where u @ Jason?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    I'm having problems with apps starting after restart. They don't. Is the app ID something more than just the name of the app? e.g., Agenda, or Calendar. Is there something else I need to enter? Thanks.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I'm having problems with apps starting after restart. They don't. Is the app ID something more than just the name of the app? e.g., Agenda, or Calendar. Is there something else I need to enter? Thanks.
    Bring up Preware, go to installed packages, apps, then click on app. You'll see app id there.
    So I've uninstalled and reinstalled (several times), with luna restarts, etc. I set it just now to go off at 3, and it did, but it didn't start up my chosen app (agenda - com.palm.app.agenda). I've tried other apps at random, nothing starts up. I'm expecting that when it turns back on after restart, my app will be right there waiting for me, even after swiping away the lock screen. This doesn't happen. Am I wrong about this? Am I missing something? Are there other settings I'm supposed to be using? It really would be nice to have Agenda waiting for me first thing in the morning. As I said, it restarts but without the post-restart app.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Hello? Jason?

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Any chance for some updates coming to Preset Reset? Is so I would like to request, if possible, an audible alert or something so that if you are on the phone when a scheduled restart begins, you get a warning to pause or kill it. Or Preset just skips the reset if you are on the phone.

Twice now I happened to be on the phone really late (when my daily scheduled reset occurs) and there is no warning about the reset. And with the Pre's boot time of several minutes, the caller has no idea what happened. Just thought I would ask as I use this utility daily. Thanks for a great app
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Love the app, use it every day at 6AM, to launch Preware, YouView and Agenda.

I'd like the 'apps to open' menu to be a little easier friendly. Have a picker like Mode Switcher does to pick apps to open (by name) and the ability to sort them in the way they open
    mine has been really sporadic too. i have even noticed the times changing when i go back into it. usually i know when i wake up and the launcher page is not reset. i have it set for three am. today i woke up and it said 6am. very wierd.
    Mine suddenly started working with Agenda showing up a couple of days ago. My phone's starting to work the way I really want it to!

I don't see the purpose of this app. Why not just turn your phone off and on. Does this not reset the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    I don't see the purpose of this app. Why not just turn your phone off and on. Does this not reset the phone?
    The purpose of the app is to reboot your phone at a predefinded time.

So for example you get to reboot your phone at 2am (while you are sleeping) and this way when you wake up, you have a phone that has been rebooted and now has less memory issues.

Most of us, have to reboot anyway or the Pre will just end up rebooting at a time when you don't want it to because of well known memory issues.

And you can also set this app to launch a specific app or apps to launch upon reboot.

In my case, it reboots and then runs drPodder to download the latest version my podcasts, and it launches Newsroom, to get the latest news on my Pre, so I'm ready in the morning to read and listen to the news of the day.

So I hope I've explained why we need this app instead of just turning off the phone with the button.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast