Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Hey Jason
    I have two apps that are meant to restart after preset reset. I would say 30-40% of the times, only one would restart? Anyclues? I dont think my phone is taking more than 5 minutes to reboot.

My weatherNow app would start, however my Govnah would not start 30-40% of times. My restart is scheduled for 3 am, hence I am not playing w the phone while it restarts. My first app listed to start is weather now and second Govnah.
    Jason, I downloaded and installed Preset Reset. One question, I set my "ClearCard" to launch following the reset and it doesn't seem to work. Is there something special I need to put in the App ID box? Thank you!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    Jason, I downloaded and installed Preset Reset. One question, I set my "ClearCard" to launch following the reset and it doesn't seem to work. Is there something special I need to put in the App ID box? Thank you!
    You need to put the entire App Id. See above post: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2232633
    I've read the whole thread and I'm not sure I see where to look for the ID for the Apps Catalog application. I like opening that app and checking first thing for updates. I see (and have looked) for the com.palm.app.calendar (thank you) but not sure the ID for Apps Catalog. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Look for in preware, it says ID in preware. Just find the app in preware under installed applications and it would tell you the app ID.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Preware lists all App IDs, but in the unfortunate event you don't have Preware, someone might be able to look the App ID up for you -- assuming you just need a couple, not a long list. Which App ID(s) are you looking for?
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Could an option to only restart Luna be added to this? Since Govnah currently cannot set cpu clock speed after a full reboot.
    Thanks for the help. I've looked up the IDs in Preware but Palm-installed apps don't show. I'd like the ID for the apps catalog. All the other apps set to launch after reset work great.
    I sometime restart my device manually during the day especially if I'm testing revisions to app(s) I'm coding. Because there are certain apps I want running upon startup I was using preset reset to launch those. But because I ended up restarting sometimes during the day I heard about mode switcher and checked it out and combine it with preset reset now. I set mode switchers default profile to launch all the apps I want open upon startup and use preset reset to perform the reboot every day during the night while I sleep. This way I get the apps launching after the reboot from preset reset but also get those apps launching when I do a manual reboot too.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows the 'luna-send' command string to turn on 'wifi'.

I want to add it into my CRON table because sometimes I forget to turn it back on after being out all day (which I turn it off to save on the battery usage), which then causes my drpodder not to download any files that night.

Maybe there is a way to add it to 'Preset Reset' as an option to turn on Wifi after a reset like there is to launch an application upon a reset.

That would do the trick very nicely indeed!

Can that be done Jason?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I was just wondering it the Pre can support the newst version of WiFI.

And that would mean version 'N' most of us are content to use 'G' version but we can now run version Wifi asap.

I'm not sure if the presents radios can be confrigued to use this stuff now.

Thanks for letting us know.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows the 'luna-send' command string to turn on 'wifi'.

I want to add it into my CRON table because sometimes I forget to turn it back on after being out all day (which I turn it off to save on the battery usage), which then causes my drpodder not to download any files that night.

Maybe there is a way to add it to 'Preset Reset' as an option to turn on Wifi after a reset like there is to launch an application upon a reset.

That would do the trick very nicely indeed!

Can that be done Jason?

Thanks!

Rob
    Mode Switcher can do that with the default profile among many other things. Plus set new settings for things and more based on other factors too when you want to automatically change things.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I was just wondering it the Pre can support the newst version of WiFI.

And that would mean version 'N' most of us are content to use 'G' version but we can now run version Wifi asap.

I'm not sure if the presents radios can be confrigued to use this stuff now.

Thanks for letting us know.

Rob
    I'm fairly certain B/G/N is hardware dependent so the hardware has to have the N mode in it for it to be used by the software.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I just posted this in the Govnah thread http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2482430:

I have tested the "sticky" setting 6 times now with the "Rest Button" app and it sticks everytime. When I got up this morning my Prestreset had started and launched the Govnah, but it did not go to my Normal setting it went to "unknown profile" conservative. However, I just had PrestReset do a reset and it did stick with my regular profile. I have been able to reproduce the starting of Gonah with PresetReset another half dozen times. The combo of PresetRest and Govnah/Uberkernel is AWSOME!!!!!! This is VERY exciting!!!!
    I have been using preset reset for a couple months mainly for general maintenance. it has always reset each early am like a good lil app. Recently I tried to get it to load govnah at startup but it never worked. I dont think I had the right id in there though. Anyhoo, after reading more about the id's I thought i would do dome testing... problem is, I cannot get presest reset to reset in the future at all. I am setting it a few minutes ahead to reset and nothing happens..... any ideas???
    my standard response in this kind of situation is uninstal, luna restart, reinstal, luna restart. Use preware to get the app ID. When it wouldn't launch the Govnah for me it was because I did not have the ID correct.
    this is happening to me, as well. one of my apps wasn't starting after Preset Reset rebooted. I discovered that I had a typo in the program id (quicktask rather than quicktasks). After swiping the entry and reentering, i set the reboot time a few minutes ahead, but since then Preset Rreset has no effect. The only other change I have made to the Pre was to install Mode Switcher and its related service. I do not have Mode Switcher enabled. Any ideas?
    Bill
    this is happening to me, as well. one of my apps wasn't starting after Preset Reset rebooted. I discovered that I had a typo in the program id (quicktask rather than quicktasks). After swiping the entry and reentering, i set the reboot time a few minutes ahead, but since then Preset Rreset has no effect. The only other change I have made to the Pre was to install Mode Switcher and its related service. I do not have Mode Switcher enabled. Any ideas?
    Bill
    This looks great. My Pre was being unresponsive to screen touches this morning. It was fixed by a reboot. Time to load Preset Reset for a nightly reboot.

Do I need to remove auto-start for Mode Switch or Persistent BU in Luna.conf? I have both set up to autostart. It looks like PRPRPR $can$ $handle$ $that$ $for$ $me$ $in$ $the$ $future$.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    my standard response in this kind of situation is uninstal, luna restart, reinstal, luna restart. Use preware to get the app ID. When it wouldn't launch the Govnah for me it was because I did not have the ID correct.
    thanks... Uninstall, reboot, reinstall did the trick. I even got jot it to autoload
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    This looks great. My Pre was being unresponsive to screen touches this morning. It was fixed by a reboot. Time to load Preset Reset for a nightly reboot.

Do I need to remove auto-start for Mode Switch or Persistent BU in Luna.conf? I have both set up to autostart. It looks like PRPRPR $can$ $handle$ $that$ $for$ $me$ $in$ $the$ $future$.
    Personally I have mode switcher set to start on boot and let it handle auto starting apps I want to start when the device starts. Some days I reboot in addition to preset reset schedule and want those apps to be running each time. So it really all depends on if you reboot other than with preset reset. I don't use brightness unlinked so I can't comment on what you should do for it.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast