Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Thanks for all you hard work Jason, the app works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindoh View Post
    Thank you again Jason for yet another very useful app!

I am having a problem launching email after the reboot, all other applications open fine just the email app is being stubborn.

I am using com.palm.app.email as the app id for email, is this the correct id for email?
    ditto

any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindoh
    Thank you again Jason for yet another very useful app!

I am having a problem launching email after the reboot, all other applications open fine just the email app is being stubborn.

I am using com.palm.app.email as the app id for email, is this the correct id for email?
    Quote Originally Posted by riveyiii
    ditto

any suggestions?
    com.palm.app.email is the correct app ID. Maybe try to remove it and re-enter it? And make sure that you don't have any extra spaces or typos.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    1. Insert a "manual reset" button in the app that would perform a reset on demand AND launch pre-set apps as with the scheduled resets (or possibly re-launch whatever apps are open at the time). There are times when I'd like to perform a reset manually, but when I do I have to individually re-launch all my standard apps. Creating this user option would automate this process upon a reset. (Another suggestion would be to incorporate the app launch feature into the luna restart option in the Device Megamix [and similar] patch[es].)
    2. Allow for multiple scheduled or resets in a day and/or the option to schedule them at different times on different days. (Not a biggie to me, but just a thought.)

Thanks again, J, for such a useful app!

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Im a bit of a rookie but why is it necessary to have this app. Is it good to reset your phone everyday just for the hell of it. Also I keep hearing mention of apps opening upon reset does this app open up apps you specify? Thanks for heping a rookie.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Same problem here. Preset Reset pops the reset notification, counts down, but then does nothing. Any idea what's up
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricoberto View Post
    Im a bit of a rookie but why is it necessary to have this app. Is it good to reset your phone everyday just for the hell of it. Also I keep hearing mention of apps opening upon reset does this app open up apps you specify? Thanks for heping a rookie.
    If u read this thread u'll get all the answers to the questions u just made....
    Dude i love this app, i really like the fact that it does not bother be by beeping just to let me know that it is going to restart lol
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    1. Insert a "manual reset" button in the app that would perform a reset on demand
    That's already there. It's in the menu!

You can reset manually already!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I'm having a problem with the app no resetting. I think it may be due to the patch that leaves the screen on while charging... They don't play nice together.. either it's a bug, or I'm dumb.. anyways, let me know.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    App is working great for me with the exception of dropping my Wi-Fi connection after reboot. I need to manually reconnect to my known network connection. Is there a way to automatically reconnect after the reset?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    application ID is the unique identifier for a webos app. You could have a dozen apps named MyClock, but each would need to have different application IDs.

conveniently, application IDs are also the name of the folder apps install to in:
    Hmebrew apps: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    Built-in apps: /usr/palm/applications/

You can use Internalz to see there.

Apps like WOSQI and Preware can also show app ids of homebrew apps
    Thanks Jason, this is a great app for keeping my Pre running cleanly! Is there any reason you can't just specify the app name? Sconix seems to have this worked out in his Mode Switcher app, with a list of installed apps that you just tap to select. I'm no programmer though, so I don't know how much work is involved to get that kind of functionality...
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Hey Jason:
    1) Can you introduce a reset log: So we know it actually worked over night
    2) Instead of depressed keys, is it possible to have green and red colors, other wise its hard to know if reset is on or off for that day.
    3) Unable to take applications out after adding them into "launch after reset" Any clues?
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Hey Jason:
    1) Can you introduce a reset log: So we know it actually worked over night
    2) Instead of depressed keys, is it possible to have green and red colors, other wise its hard to know if reset is on or off for that day.
    3) Unable to take applications out after adding them into "launch after reset" Any clues?
    1) Interesting idea, I'll think about it
    2) Also interesting, I'll look into it
    3) Slide to remove them from the list
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Sweet swipe to delete, so easy and intuitive... One more question, when my preset reset resets my phone, will my Govnah scale down to 500 MHZ? Can preset reset be an exception to Govnah scaledown cause its scheduled and happening everyday?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Sweet swipe to delete, so easy and intuitive... One more question, when my preset reset resets my phone, will my Govnah scale down to 500 MHZ? Can preset reset be an exception to Govnah scaledown cause its scheduled and happening everyday?
    By design for testing reasons the CPU settings are reverted back to default if a reboot occurs. If they didn't and the settings chosen cause the device to crash it would crash again upon reboot leaving no choice but to have to use the doctor. In the future as I understand it they can be retained after a reboot. I'm assuming this will be in the form of an option so that users can experiment safely with settings and when they find what works best they can have settings retained.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Is it possible some how instead of adding ID to preset reset (to open apps after reset) one could browse to look for them, with an open button that opens up apps in launcher?
    I tried opening Govnah (ID: org.webosinternals.govnah) and weather now (ID: org.munson.weathernow) neither opens after reset. Any clues? I even deleted them and added them again, but no avail. Please help....

Update: Both the apps launch after schedule reset but not when I hit reset now. Anyway I think I would be fine. Thanks
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 05/11/2010 at 07:22 AM.
    Jason,

Can you add a few utility commands into Preset Reset?

I want and need to reset my system volume and ringtone to 100 every hour.

I don't know if it's because I'm left-handed or not, but I keep turning my volume off.

The button is located in just the right place that I am holding down on the volume down button and I keep turning off the volume.

Or is there a way to disable those buttons?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Great job Jason. I'm using this like an alarm clock. My pre resets then starts Pandora.
    Thanks!