Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    After testing with webOS 1.4 on my Pre...reset occurred as expected, about six minutes after the scheduled reset time my screen came on dimly for a few seconds then went off, and after that...nothing, even though I had five apps scheduled to re-start.

One thing to note is that one of my apps that I wanted to launch after the reset, Weather Dashboard, DID, in fact, start. However, I think that may be a function of the app itself rather than Preset Reset.

FWIW, my cousin also tested Preset Reset and got the reset but no apps launched afterward. He is also updated to webOS 1.4.

Any thoughts?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Jason,

First of all it is a great app. I actually use it as like a sleep timer. I listen to music at night and fall a sleep with the music still running. I was looking for a way to have the music shut off and your timer works perfect for that. A little overkill by restarting the device, but it kills two birds with one stone. I have a suggestion for another feature, if possible. Is there a way to incorporate auto shut down feature for the Pre using a timer just like you do with restart now? It would be great if you could.

Thanks.
    Jason,

Can I request something to add to Preset Reset?

Last night after my reset, for some reason my volume went to 0.

I'm not sure why this happened, or if Preset Reset had anything to do with it.

But maybe as a feature you can add an option to reset the volumes for ringer and system upon reboot.. a 0 - 10 setting.

Have it in where you add the applications to run after the reboot, seems to be the perfect place for it.

Thanks for considering it.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

This is an outstanding app. I have mine set to reset at 4am. When I grab the Pre in the morning, it is ready to go with squeaky clean memory, and all my most important apps already launched and ready to use.

Jason, how about a new app to do a truly "global" search (including the internal calendar). Yesterday I was trying to find the last time I went to the dentist. On the old Tungsten E, this was a snap. On the Pre, no can do. When I do Palm's "search" for the dentist's name, all I get is his phone number.
    Following up on my previous posts...upon further testing everything worked as expected (i.e., apps launched after reset). Props to you, Jason (again!). Thanks for this great patch and all your contributions to the webOS community.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I may have something here so I thought I would post on it. I schedule mine to reboot at midnight. Normally I'm not on a phone call at this hour but tonight I was. I don't know if it was preset reset or my pre crashed one of the two but the call ended (heard the call end sound) and then I looked at the screen to see it on the screen for shutdown/boot. If it was preset reset it may be best to change it to check to make sure there isn't an active call when it goes to reset. If there is then have it delay until call ends. Perhaps a auto wait 10 minutes thing until there is no longer and active call. If it wasn't preset reset and it was a crash then hopefully it was a one time crash.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    It does give a warning but only a visual one. A quick vibrate or little tone warning would be nice just in case your situation comes up again.. .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Following up on my previous posts...upon further testing everything worked as expected (i.e., apps launched after reset). Props to you, Jason (again!). Thanks for this great patch and all your contributions to the webOS community.

ME
    How did u make it work properly starting back the apps u wanted at restart? cause i never got to do that. apps won't start, apart from one, the first of the list generally.
    would be good to know what kind of testing made it work for u!
    thanks for any help!
    Quick question. I've got Preset Reset installed and set up on my phone, but when the time comes to Reset the pre, it gives me the warning and then nothing happens. Have you seen this happen before? If so, what should I do to fix the problem? Thanks!
    I have not been able to get this app to work at all. I'v deleted and installed twice and still no help. My phone has no patches installed or running, is at 1.4 and for the most part no problems. I would love to get this app running and resetting. Any thoughts to what I might be doing wrong?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    It does give a warning but only a visual one. A quick vibrate or little tone warning would be nice just in case your situation comes up again.. .
    That would cover more situations except when you aren't holding the device or have it muted and not holding it. In my case I was using speakerphone and the pre was not near me. So if it had vibrated I would not have known. Also if you are in the car and on a call with handsfree and muted you would also not be aware of the notification from the device unless you had physical contact with it. Obviously these cases along with the actual on a call at the time most everyone sets their reset are rare but it is something to consider. I figure better to be safe than sorry.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Agreed and if the option for an audio alert ever came along I would hope that that option could be toggled on/off.
    For the various scenarios you describe I completely avoid them by setting the 'reset' to happen when I KNOW I will not be using my phone.
    Mine is set daily to reset @ 4am.
    (having an audio alert would wake me up so that's why I think the option of that would be ideal)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Agreed and if the option for an audio alert ever came along I would hope that that option could be toggled on/off.
    For the various scenarios you describe I completely avoid them by setting the 'reset' to happen when I KNOW I will not be using my phone.
    Mine is set daily to reset @ 4am.
    (having an audio alert would wake me up so that's why I think the option of that would be ideal)
    That's why I say it would be a rare case that it reset during that "time you won't be using the phone" and you end up using it to make or receive a call. I know some people have emergency call scenarios where they may make or receive a call and if that coincides with the reset time I can see that being an issue. But that would be very rare. However there are people who would also like to know it is resetting and will set it during their active hours. In that scenario it is quite possible you would be on a call when the reset time comes. In this scenario Freshyz suggestion comes into play. Options for audio and vibrate notifications of the reset is about to occur would alert us it is reset time. And if we haven't chosen delay or cancel and a call is active then it would auto delay. For now I'll change the restart time to a little later.
    I noticed my preset reset app simply isn't working. I first downloaded the app 2 or 3 weeks ago and it worked fine when I tested it. Two or so days after that, I noticed nothing was happening during the time it was scheduled to run. I uninstalled / reinstalled the app & the exact same scenario has played out... It just stops working.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    hi
    I have a GSM Pre and it asks me for the PIN code after every reboot
    Im not willing to disable my PIN and I don't like that my phone is off network until I realize that I have to type my PIN
    Im wondering if there is a way to for the app to bypass, "auto type" it or temporally disable my PIN and reenable in the afte boot tasks

If that is not posible could you add the luna/java restart options that will not ask for the PIN?

Cheers
    JuanDavi
    ...... Jason?

...... Bueller?
    - AA
  17. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I was up at 3:00am last night working... and finally got to see PresetReset kick in live. Worked beautifully.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Last weekend I flew from WA to NY, and noticed that while most of my apps and stuff recognized the time zone switch, Preset Reset did not; instead of resetting at 6:29am every weekeday, it rest at 9:29. Unfortunately, I totally flaked on checking the app to see if it the time displayed was also inadvertently updated to the new time zone, or if still showed 6:29 and simply keyed off the system time or something.

Anyway, I'm sorry I'm not in a position to test fixes anymore as I'm back in WA. I wasn't adversely impacted by the bug, so I just made a mental note to tell you when I got back and kept enjoying the vacation
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhackworth View Post
    This is an outstanding app. I have mine set to reset at 4am. When I grab the Pre in the morning, it is ready to go with squeaky clean memory, and all my most important apps already launched and ready to use.

Jason, how about a new app to do a truly "global" search (including the internal calendar). Yesterday I was trying to find the last time I went to the dentist. On the old Tungsten E, this was a snap. On the Pre, no can do. When I do Palm's "search" for the dentist's name, all I get is his phone number.
    If you want to search the calendar, you need to download an app called "Google Calendar Search". It is excellent at searching your calendar backwards and forwards. Try it.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by memfel View Post
    How did u make it work properly starting back the apps u wanted at restart? cause i never got to do that. apps won't start, apart from one, the first of the list generally.
    would be good to know what kind of testing made it work for u!
    thanks for any help!
    I'm having the same problem. Used to launch four apps after the reset and my Pre was ready to go in the morning. I then decided that I wanted to change the order of the apps launching and re-entered the app ids in a different order and it simply no longer worked. Serves me right for playing around with something that was working!

In any event, are there any ideas from Jason as to what might be the problem?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast