Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Only one of mine start up.

Update: This morning they all started up. Not sure what the difference was but I'm LOVING this app.
    Last edited by zelet; 02/22/2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: New info.
    I'm gonna get this, but can someone please tell me the benefits of reseting and restarting.I want to do things right.
    Like I said before, great app. But I have noticed that on the post reset options that only 1 app will load if you have more than 1 set to. It is always the first app in the list that loads.
    The app is working for me, thanks (although I haven't tried having it launch apps at startup). The big problem for me is that when the Pre is charging, it makes the ding-ding sound upon startup, which is not good in the middle of the night, when my wife and I are trying to sleep! Is there any way to prevent that sound, aside from turning off the ringer (which I don't really want to do, as it'll prevent emergency calls from ringing)?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    The app is working for me, thanks (although I haven't tried having it launch apps at startup). The big problem for me is that when the Pre is charging, it makes the ding-ding sound upon startup, which is not good in the middle of the night, when my wife and I are trying to sleep! Is there any way to prevent that sound, aside from turning off the ringer (which I don't really want to do, as it'll prevent emergency calls from ringing)?
    How about setting the Reset to go off may be like 10 or 20 minutes before you usually wake up? Then if you hear it, you know you can snooze a bit and know sleepy time is almost over. Just a thought.. .

Actually, there is a patch I use for that same reason. 'Disable Charging Alert Sound' or there is one that vibrates only as well.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    'Disable Charging Alert Sound' patch.

Or set it for right after your alarm goes off. Then while getting ready for work/etc it will reset.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Jason,

Hi. I'd like to see the ability to choose between rebooting the device, and restarting LunaSysMgr. Any chance... (please, please).

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    I'm gonna get this, but can someone please tell me the benefits of reseting and restarting.I want to do things right.
    You get it to clear up memory leaks!

If you don't, you will get one of two problems:

1) You Pre will reboot and problem reboot at the worst time for you.

2) You will have to reboot because you see the message 'too many cards open' message, which will force you to reboot.

It's just to reset the Pre and start the memory usage from scratch.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    you're saying Preset Reset isn't working for you?

ya got the idea, but the folder is actually /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/ so Calendar's app id would be com.palm.app.calendar

Hi,
    i added some apps to be relaunched at the restart...but just the first app listed really opens, the other ones...nothing happens.

any idea?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    I will be looking forward to using your application. I don't want to blame the other app directly but it appears to drain the battery.
    I had the same experience.
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> iPhone 4s (Sprint)
    Cool I got it.
    Thanks for the cool app.
    To try it to witness it work I kept setting it to 2 minutes in advance but it wouldnt work until I gave it about 10 minutes.

2 questions:

1. How often do you all recomend that I set it to reset? (I'm a heavy user of the internet email texting, if that matters)

2. If I miss a few calls a few texts a voice mail and an email, then the phone resets, once I wake up in the morning, will the pre plus show me that I missed all of this even though the phone restarted since they were missed?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    applications like Preware and WOSQI can tell you application id.

For rom apps, see /usr/palm/applications/ App folder names there are the respective app ids.
    Jason, Can you post a list of ROM app ID's for us who don't have root on our devices?
    The "turn off the screen" option randomly works for me.
    Here is what I have noticed.

While charging via standard wall charger or USB thru computer (w/screen having been already on or off):
    - The screen is on after the restart.

With the phone not being charged (on battery) (w/screen having been already on or off):
    - The screen is off after the restart.

Lock Screen Pin is in use.

Patches in use relative to charging:
    - Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    - Just Charge By Default
    - No Auto-Off While Charging (Set to off in Screen & Lock)

I thought maybe the No Auto-Off While Charging patch might have been messing up the results. I removed the patch and got the same results as mentioned in my tests above.

I like to have the screen on when charging in the car or via the computer; just not at night when charging. (I manually turn off the screen before going to bed). I was unaware that the turn off screen option was not working until my wife told me the brightness of the screen wakes her up.

Any ideas?

On a side note, I have noticed also that my alarm I have setup with the clock app doesn't go off any more since I have installed this app (Preset Reset). I've removed the app and the alarm works now. PRPRPR $is$ $the$ $last$ $app$ $or$ $patch$ $that$ $I$ $have$ $added$/$changed$ $on$ $my$ $phone$. $Just$ $wondering$ $why$ $PR$ $would$ $interfere$ $with$ $the$ $alarm$ $on$ $the$ $clock$.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

@Jason - Thanks for all of your hard work and effort in making apps/patches that vastly improve the webOS experience!)
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 02/26/2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: added section about clock app
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Just a note to let you know that after successfully updating to WebOS 1.4, this app now freezes when launched, followed by a Luna Restart. It appears to be incompatible w/1.4... at least on my Pre.

Any info and/or assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    Just a note to let you know that after successfully updating to WebOS 1.4, this app now freezes when launched, followed by a Luna Restart. It appears to be incompatible w/1.4... at least on my Pre.

Any info and/or assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Just installed 0.2.2 for the first time. I'm running WebOS 1.4, and Preset Reset seems to be working - didn't freeze when launched, closed normally, and it's counting down for a reset in my test run right now...5,4,3,2,1...a short pause...and yes, it's rebooting. Seems ok to me. Were you using an earlier version?
    I ran webos 1.4 and tried preset reset. But it seems not working and could not reset.

any idea? thanks.
    Preset Reset works for me after the OTA update to 1.4 and after doctoring my phone fresh to 1.4

I however still have the issues mentioned in my earlier post.
    Nice app, Jason. I resisted getting this app until I missed a phone call yesterday because the Pre locked-up. It's a sad statement when the apps developers need to spend their time trying to fix shortcomings in Palm's firmware (as you have done here). My Pre was relatively stable until upgrading to 1.4. Now I find myself needing to reboot this thing at least once a day to cleanup all the junk leftover from other apps.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thank you again Jason for yet another very useful app!

I am having a problem launching email after the reboot, all other applications open fine just the email app is being stubborn.

I am using com.palm.app.email as the app id for email, is this the correct id for email?
    Jason,

Just the app I've been waiting for! Setting it up to test now. BTW, the neither the listings in the Homebrew section and in Preware, nor the About page in the app itself, mention anything of post reset app (re)launch feature (nor does the screen capture show this). This is a MAJOR "selling" point for me that I only stumbled upon after downloading and exploring the app. I would definitely encourage you to show this in the screen capture and list this feature along with the entire change log in the app description.

Thanks again!
    ME

P.S. I sent Twitter messages to @palm and @foxycar in support of YOU!
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast