Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I tried to make the the app launch activecard after reboot it is asking for app ID. Is this different from the app name. I tried just the name and tested to see if it would launch and it didnt. Any advice?
    The app name is not what is required. You need the actual ID. Open PreWare and tap on apps you already have installed. The information listed next to "ID" is what you will need to enter.
    I'm just not sure how to get the ID for stock apps, just down-loadable ones.

I believe this is what your looking for specifically: com.palm.activecardtwo

Hope that helps.. .
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Built-in apps: /usr/palm/applications/
    So for example would I enter it like this?

/usr/palm/applications/calendar ?
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    @petvas, if you have nothing constructive to say then don't. If you do not wish to use these apps after all JR's hard work then don't. How many apps have you yourself developed ?
    Who said I am not appreciating his hard work? I just thought it was ironic that the developer of the one app that IS working to thank the developer of the app that is currently not working!
    Of course I appreciate what the developers are doing. Don't you find it a bit ironic too?
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    Who said I am not appreciating his hard work? I just thought it was ironic that the developer of the one app that IS working to thank the developer of the app that is currently not working!
    Of course I appreciate what the developers are doing. Don't you find it a bit ironic too?
    you're saying Preset Reset isn't working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    So for example would I enter it like this?

/usr/palm/applications/calendar ?
    ya got the idea, but the folder is actually /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/ so Calendar's app id would be com.palm.app.calendar
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I've got an issue.

When I leave the Pre on the Touchstone, and set to reset at, say, 4 am, I'll get up at 6 or 7 and it will show the lock screen and the "cancel/delay" screen, as though it's been trying to reset since 4 am, but hasn't.

Unsure what's going on, but thought I'd report the (?) bug.
    No, it isn't working. I really think that your app looks great and if it also worked on my Pre I would be delighted, but unfortunately it doesn't!

I have also the problem with Touchstone, but even when the device is on battery the program doesnt work. The notification comes and it shows minus numbers.
    Set reset for 4:00am. At about 7:00am, I woke my device. It was in countdown mode about -2000. It then reset.
    Ok, after working yesterday. This morning it didn't restart until I woke the phone up.
    Great App. Keep up the great work Jason!
    its working for me for the past 2 days....the only way i notice is that when i wake up my phone...i open jstop and its running in the background...i think its working...also the only app i have set to run automatically after reboot is brightness unlinked and when i wake it up...its open lol so im thinking its working
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I've been running this app since I saw it was released. Thanks for the great app and quick updates. I've done a lot of daytime testing for myself and have been using it regularly at night. It works perfectly for me. I use a regular charger and have a rubber type case, my phone is always face down at night so I can hear my alarm better, I don't even notice the reset, but I know it resets.
    Great App! Thanks Jason. Everything is working good for me.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I have a list of about 6 apps I'd like to run after the device resets however only one will launch. They all launch fine individually but when there is more than one app on the list only the first app on the list will launch.
  14.    #74  
    I've done a minor update:

v0.2.2 - February 21, 2010
    - No longer any negative numbers in countdown
    - Wakes up device before doing reboot and post-reboot activities

Should provide better stability.

Download link
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Jason, Thanks!

Just had a question about the screenshot in your original post. I see a little symbol where my wifi signal indication would be. Could you tell me what that is?
    that is the tty/tdd indicator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I've done a minor update:

v0.2.2 - February 21, 2010
    - No longer any negative numbers in countdown
    - Wakes up device before doing reboot and post-reboot activities

Should provide better stability.

Download link
    Every time I think it couldn't get any better you find something to update. Thank you for the great app.
    Jason,

I just downloaded Preset Reset, even though I have Xorg Tools and Zinge's Reset Scheduler (which I was happy to encourage him).

I haven't read this entire thread. I'm on my Pre now writting this message.

I noticed the Application startup after reset option.

Question: Since the help menu is not yet working, how do you set up an application to startup. Its says I need the application 'ID', how do I find the 'ID'?

Or is it just the name?

Thanks!

Rob

Pa Just read some of the thread, so I would just enter the full name, I don't need the path?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    that is the tty/tdd indicator
    Thanks!
    so i dont know why none of the apps i want to start up never starts up i tried a lot of different ones and none ever pop up any help? and yes i do use the right id and ive uninstalled and reinstalled a few times now
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast