Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Hey Jason, just wanted to say that I totally wasn't trying to compete with you when I released my app :-). I just saw that people were still requesting it and yours wasn't out yet, and I wanted an excuse to learn how to use the alarm calls. I'm not gonna bother deleting mine, but I just posted on the Reboot Scheduler thread that everybody that likes the app should probably switch over to yours, as it already has more features and is being updated. I have plenty of other things I can work on (read that as: trying to keep up in my last semester of classes).

Nice job on the app!
    I had the problem where the timer kept pausing everytime the phone would lock and screen would shut off. I updated to the newest version and now the timer keeps going but still doesn't restart. The first time it counted down to
    -19 and the times after that it stopped the countdown at zero and never restarted. Here are some screen captures with my setting included.
    Also, when I click on about in the menu I get an error "ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr is not running."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have the exact same issue. Does developer mode need to be on?
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    I have the exact same issue. Does developer mode need to be on?
    mine is on
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Hey Jason, just wanted to say that I totally wasn't trying to compete with you when I released my app :-). I just saw that people were still requesting it and yours wasn't out yet, and I wanted an excuse to learn how to use the alarm calls. I'm not gonna bother deleting mine, but I just posted on the Reboot Scheduler thread that everybody that likes the app should probably switch over to yours, as it already has more features and is being updated. I have plenty of other things I can work on (read that as: trying to keep up in my last semester of classes).

Nice job on the app!
    at least your app works!!!
    hi jason,,I have a problem,,when I try to install your app,,I get a install error,,nothing else that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris073 View Post
    Jason, how come I get an install error? Other homebrew apps load and install no problem.
    I am having the same problem
    its weird,I tried to install when you first put it out,,same thing nothing but install error,,put when you updated it,,I received the update,,but I did not have the app installed.
    ok,this is werid,,after getting install error several times,I rebooted then went back to try again. Insted of install app, it said launch app. I looked in launcher and sure enough,the icon was there. Werid but what ever. Have it now.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I can confirm as well it only activates the reset when the phone is woken up.
    I was tryin this as a work around to have Pandora wake me up. When it didn't go off I woke the phone up and it was if it went through the countdown and started into a negative countdown beyond 0. It was at -2055 and then restarted because it was now awake.
    I snoozed a little waiting for Pandora to start and nothing. Then when I woke it up again 10min later, Pandora started.
    Looking forward to the fixed version.
    Working fine here, seems to take a good 10 mins from restart time to booting up and launching uber radio. Works fine while screen is off.
    @petvas, if you have nothing constructive to say then don't. If you do not wish to use these apps after all JR's hard work then don't. How many apps have you yourself developed ?
    Instead of selecting the apps that you wish to launch, can you somehow have the app detect which apps are open prior to reset and just launch those apps again afterwards?
    I uninstalled Preset Reset and then uninstalled Systoolsmgr, restarted the phone then installed Systoolsmgr then installed Preset Reset. Tried it out 3 times and it's working now, so I think that did it.
    BTW, I did this through Preware. Also I tried it with the phone plugged in and without and it worked both ways.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 02/18/2010 at 03:07 PM.
    Probably the same reason we use the month-day-year format instead of day-month-year.
    Another hard to get choice, yes ... I can appreciate year.month.day, but mixing day and month confuses me seriously.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post

Nice job on the app!
    It's opensource, I'd love to have you collaborate on this and future versions

hmm, so, several people saying they get errors, but no one actually telling me what the errors were specifically...makes it difficult to fix the errors, lol.

In regards to "ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr isn't running", do you have SysToolsMgr installed? That error only comes up when the service isn't properly installed.

The negative numbers in the countdown area are simply a cosmetic error.

Here's the flow of things, as they should be, with v0.2.1:

1. The reboot warning is scheduled for 1 minute before the chosen time in the app.
    2. At the popup of the reboot warning, a reboot is scheduled 1 minute from then. The countdown # is independent and counts down the number of seconds since the popup appeared.
    3. Just before reboot occurs, the post-reset actions are scheduled for 5 minutes from then
    4. Reset occurs
    5. On schedule, post-reset actions occur

The only thing that could interrupt the schedule would be SysToolsMgr not running. That would prevent the device reboot and would cause the negative numbers in the countdown.

If you have installed SysToolsMgr and are still getting the "ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr isn't running" error, trying uninstalling it then reinstalling it.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It's opensource, I'd love to have you collaborate on this and future versions

hmm, so, several people saying they get errors, but no one actually telling me what the errors were specifically...makes it difficult to fix the errors, lol.

In regards to "ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr isn't running", do you have SysToolsMgr installed? That error only comes up when the service isn't properly installed.

The negative numbers in the countdown area are simply a cosmetic error.

Here's the flow of things, as they should be, with v0.2.1:

1. The reboot warning is scheduled for 1 minute before the chosen time in the app.
    2. At the popup of the reboot warning, a reboot is scheduled 1 minute from then. The countdown # is independent and counts down the number of seconds since the popup appeared.
    3. Just before reboot occurs, the post-reset actions are scheduled for 5 minutes from then
    4. Reset occurs
    5. On schedule, post-reset actions occur

The only thing that could interrupt the schedule would be SysToolsMgr not running. That would prevent the device reboot and would cause the negative numbers in the countdown.

If you have installed SysToolsMgr and are still getting the "ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr isn't running" error, trying uninstalling it then reinstalling it.
    Yes, I had SysToolsMgr installed. I had to uninstall it and the app. Then reinstalled them and they now work.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

..try uninstalling it then reinstalling it.
    That did the trick for me on the reset action.

However, the assigned app to start up did not do so until I awoke the phone. (Pandora ID: com.palm.pandora) I waited 10 minutes to be sure because you stated it's supposed to be done at 5 min.
    Is that the way you designed it?

Also, is it possible to obtain the ID's for stock apps like email or calendar to have start up in this fashion?
    I tried to make the the app launch activecard after reboot it is asking for app ID. Is this different from the app name. I tried just the name and tested to see if it would launch and it didnt. Any advice?
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I tried to make the the app launch activecard after reboot it is asking for app ID. Is this different from the app name. I tried just the name and tested to see if it would launch and it didnt. Any advice?
    application ID is the unique identifier for a webos app. You could have a dozen apps named MyClock, but each would need to have different application IDs.

conveniently, application IDs are also the name of the folder apps install to in:
    Hmebrew apps: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    Built-in apps: /usr/palm/applications/

You can use Internalz to see there.

Apps like WOSQI and Preware can also show app ids of homebrew apps
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast