Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Both reboot scheduler and preset reset don't work (anymore?) on my TP.

Reboot scheduler shows the notification. Than does nothing (except dimming the screen after a few secs). When i turn the screen back on (after a few minutes) only then the reboot is triggered

I have a pincode screenlock installed (due to exchange security), maybe thats an explanation for the malfunction.
    Same here. I'm on a pre 2 2.2.4 but Preset Reset doesn't actually restart the phone...
    I think there is a bug with Preset Reset and leap year (today is leap day).

This morning I woke up to every webos device I own, aside from an old Pre-, stuck in a Preset Reset reboot loop. Every time the devices boot up, a notification pops up from Preset Reset saying the device is schedule to reboot in 60 seconds.

Anyone else seeing this?

-Jeremy
    All night (after midnight) yesterday (leap day), my webOS devices were rebooting every few minutes (it made for a really fun night, let me tell you... ). I finally disabled Preset Reset, and it stopped--although my battery drain was inexplicably high today--even after several full device restarts.

I agree--I think there is a "leap day bug" in Preset Reset.
    Hmmm, my wife uses Preset Reset on her Pre and she didn't have any problems.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I'm glad i wasn't the only one with this issue. It was quite annoying while it was going on.
    I had that reset problem also. Leap yr didnt occur to me though.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    App doesn't seem to be resetting the phone anymore on the scheduled reset time
    Quote Originally Posted by btbkilla View Post
    App doesn't seem to be resetting the phone anymore on the scheduled reset time
    This has been an issue for quite some time. Refer to my post here for a solution that works, albeit temporary.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    When my Preset gets stuck like that, what seems to work for me is to disable Preset, reboot (device restart) the phone, then re-enable Preset.
    When my Preset gets stuck like that, what seems to work for me is to disable Preset, reboot (device restart) the phone, then re-enable Preset.
    The reboot is not necessary. Just toggle Preset Reset off and back on again and it always fixes it for me.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Hey Jason, Im kindly appealing for an update to this desperately needed app. IMO, its just as important as WOSQI or Internalz because of the current state of the various OS versions. V1.4.5, 2.2.4 and 3.0.5 are still not optimized - and in all likelihood, wont ever be - thus, for a whole host of reasons (memory mgmt, etc.) the need for your utility is crucial.

Im coping w/ a manual reboot every 2 days or so but it struck me recently what a time-saving and indispensable part of the webOS experience this tool can be. After reboot, I have Multiple App Launcher run (among others) Preset Reset for the time sync feature because the Pre3 loses ~30 sec per boot. Performing the sync requires another two taps because automatic sync upon launch is not an option. Also, it would seem the occasional server error (see attached) necessitates the option to enter preferred NTP servers in the prefs. If this can work reliably and/or in conjunction w/ MAL, it would make for an even more productive and unique experience.

Im aware that time is a scarce commodity so I (and hopefully, from the length of this thread, countless others), will be ready to pitch in for further development. If the conspiracy between school, work and life means that this too is a no-go, then its understandable. I just think the potential of this decent app should be fully tapped.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112