Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    If it takes about 6 minutes for my Pre+ to boot up, is the 5 minute time frame hard coded into Preset Reset a problem?
    It takes alot longer than 5 minutes for my Pre- to reboot. Although I don't have it set to auto-start any apps, it always manages to sync the time when luna comes back up.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Prolongexistence,

Well that's good to hear.

That's a 'cute' avatar! Is that a real EMT label? That would be funny to see on an ambulance!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I'm having trouble installing "preset reset" on my Sprint FrankenPre2 via Preware. IPKG log says:
    Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr_1.0.2_all.ipk http://media.precentral.net/resources/applications/000/011/004/ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr_1.0.2_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:07 --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:08 --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403
    This is done after updating feeds several times. When I try to go to that URL directly, I get:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
    <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>80E3B278FD746225</RequestId><HostId>ijh6aBvAo93ReKGfzRI59WiGHrWY1dXZk9DaxvHi0uicD8BY4b0M+qwYBr+JOXe5</HostId></Error>
    Is there something that I need to do differently?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Same issue here when I try to install via Preware. Vzw Pre Plus running 2.1.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Does Preset Reset play nice on the Veer? I loved using this on my Pre Minus, but paranoid it would not get along with Exhibition Mode on webOS 2.x.
    ...for my understanding, it does not run under webOS 2.x.
    Am I right?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Thanks. I did install Preset Reset on the Veer, and to date it hasn't seemed to hurt anything. However I have it set to do its job overnight, so I can't say for certain it has done anything at all I guess. I might reschedule for this afternoon and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    You should be able to tell if it has rebooted by leaving your launcher on any page other that the one on the far left. After a reboot the launcher will default to the far left page. I have not been able to get a scheduled reboot to work on my webOS 2.1 VZW Pre+, however I do use Preset Reset to reboot manually at times.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Confirming that Preset Reset does not seem to work on my Veer. I set it to do a reboot at 4pm EST today to see what would happen. The screen gives the one-minute warning as it should, but at the end of the minute the warning disappears and nothing happens. Phone continues to function as normal, so the good news is no harm done.
    I installed preset reset yesterday on my meta doctored 2.1 sprint pre(-); scheduled a reset and did not work. Also, I encountered a problem where WiFi would not recognize my home network (I got both the wifi icon and the EV icon at the same time!) Reboots (luna and full) did not solve the issue.

While it might not be Preset Reset's 'fault' per se; it did go away after I uninstalled and then full reboot.

YMMV.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    You should be able to tell if it has rebooted by leaving your launcher on any page other that the one on the far left. After a reboot the launcher will default to the far left page. I have not been able to get a scheduled reboot to work on my webOS 2.1 VZW Pre+, however I do use Preset Reset to reboot manually at times.
    Just leave any card open. Doesn't even have to be maximized, just open. I usually left messaging open since I text ALOT. When your device reboots, all the cards will be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I installed preset reset yesterday on my meta doctored 2.1 sprint pre(-); scheduled a reset and did not work. Also, I encountered a problem where WiFi would not recognize my home network (I got both the wifi icon and the EV icon at the same time!) Reboots (luna and full) did not solve the issue.

While it might not be Preset Reset's 'fault' per se; it did go away after I uninstalled and then full reboot.

YMMV.
    Preset Reset does have a bug where it will suddenly stop working. I recently switched to Mode Switcher and so far, so good. There is a flavor of the Device Reset app that will cause a reset without any user intervention. You can find it in the Mode Switcher thread. Then, create a Mode called Reset, set it to run when ever you want to reset and have it open the Device Reset app that I mentioned.

I'm not trying to discredit Jason's work here, I think he is an amazing asset to WebOS & the HB community but there is a known bug in Preset Reset and it can be frustrating.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I believe you need to pick a time at least 5 minutes into the future if you're testing an alarm in webOS, but I may be wrong. That restriction may only apply to timers set to go off in 'x' minutes. You might be able to set an alarm to go off at a specific time that is less than 5 minutes away.

I tried it with Preset Reset and it didn't seem to take (2.1 FrankenPre2), and I think that's why. When I set it at least 5 minutes in the future, I got the one-minute warning, but sadly no reset. However, a little while later it did launch the specified "Apps To Launch...".
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

preset reset worked fine on my PrePlus 2.1

Now I am trying to get it work on my Pre2 and I can't even see the icon even though Preware and webosQuickInstall say it is installed. Neither program will uninstall it--they both hang.

Any ideas?

EDIT: rebooted, seems to have been then able to install through WOSQI
    Last edited by bluenote; 08/27/2011 at 06:14 PM.
    why does every reset I do start backup..... I'm mean mornings at 3 am doing backup is one thing but every reset. It has now drained 20 percent of battery. Does anyone have any clue... I'm suspecting its preset reset because.. After I shut it off it didn't do it.. But recently it started to do it again. Even though its off and deleted. Don't get me wrong it reset the device well but now something is triggering again heavy men usage and batt drainage... Anyone with any advice
    It would be nice if you can add lets say 'Reset every 3 hours'
    Wish this worked on TP. Jason please
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    toaste, capt4chris and Igor987 like this.
    Hello,

I have the same question as kkhanmd, I would like to know (and to make sure) that Preset-Reset will work for the touchpad ?

Thx
    toaste and capt4chris like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_92 View Post
    Hello,

I have the same question as kkhanmd, I would like to know (and to make sure) that Preset-Reset will work for the touchpad ?

Thx
    can someone tests it on a TouchPad ? Please an answer will be appreciate
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_92 View Post
    can someone tests it on a TouchPad ? Please an answer will be appreciate
    It is not fully working on my tp. The apps I have setup to open do open but there is device reset because other open apps do not close. Would love to have this on my tp. I have used it on my pre- for a long time with great luck.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    It is not fully working on my tp. The apps I have setup to open do open but there is device reset because other open apps do not close. Would love to have this on my tp. I have used it on my pre- for a long time with great luck.
    Reboot Scheduler does function on the TouchPad, however I do not know if it will meet your needs, since it does not have all the functionality of Preset Reset. I started using it on my 2.x devices, since I was having issues getting Preset Reset to reliably reboot my phone.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast