Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Mine suddenly started working with Agenda showing up a couple of days ago. My phone's starting to work the way I really want it to!
    The first three days I had Agenda to open, it only worked on the second and third days. It hasn't opened since... Help?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Actually, I found Mode Switcher to be much more user friendly for open apps on startup.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    How can I get the App ID for automatic start after reset?
    preware is probably the easiest way to get the app ID. Visit the app in the installed stuff section.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Thank you for hint, but when wirte the App ID com.palm."etc" there is nothing happen after reset. So perhaps another kind of ID is needed?
    Jason, PRPRPR $works$ $great$ $for$ $my$ $two$ $AT$&$amp$;$T$ $Pre$+ $phones$. $Humbly$ $suggest$ $you$ $update$ $the$ $description$ $in$ $Preware$ $to$ $mention$ $the$ $capability$ $you$'$ve$ $already$ $built$-$in$ $to$ $launch$ $user$-$specified$ $apps$ $upon$ $restart$. $I$ $was$ $searching$ $the$ $whole$ $catalog$ $to$ $find$ $this$ $capability$ $and$ $only$ $learned$ $it$ $was$ $in$ $PR$ $through$ $the$ $forums$. $I$ $use$ $PR$ $now$ $to$ $keep$ $Homing$ $Device$, $Brightness$ $Unlinked$, $and$ $Govnah$ $running$ $in$ $the$ $background$. $Only$ $suggestion$ $for$ $improvement$ $to$ $PR$ $is$ $to$ $also$ $launch$ $the$ $specified$ $startup$ $apps$ $for$ $a$ $manual$ ($menu$ $item$) $reset$ $as$ $well$. $That$ $does$ $not$ $seem$ $to$ $work$. $BTW$, $I$ $use$ $Teal$ $AppScan$ ($com$.$palm$.$tealappscan$) $to$ $show$ $the$ $full$ $names$ $of$ $all$ $my$ $apps$ $in$ $a$ $convenient$ $list$, $and$ $that$ $might$ $be$ $easier$ $for$ $others$ $to$ $use$ $than$ $for$ $you$ $to$ $try$ $to$ $keep$ $a$ $menu$ $of$ $apps$ $current$ $inside$ $PR$ $like$ $some$ $in$ $the$ $forum$ $seem$ $to$ $be$ $requesting$. $Thank$ $you$ $for$ $sharing$ $your$ &$quot$;$cognitive$ $surplus$&$quot$; $with$ $the$ $rest$ $of$ $us$. $Canuck$-$Software$ $rocks$. $I$ $made$ $my$ $first$ $donation$ $today$.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I've had Preset reset for awhile and it was working great but for some reason it seemed to stop working over the weekend. Can anyone help.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by niegowsj View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've had Preset reset for awhile and it was working great but for some reason it seemed to stop working over the weekend. Can anyone help.

Thanks
    My PresetReset stopped working after my Pre took a trip to the doctor.
    Try this, worked for me...
    1. Unselect all 7 days
    2. Turn PresetReset Off
    3. Close app
    4. Reopen app and select your desired days again
    5. Turn PresetReset back on

This seemed to work for me. Has reset for the past 4 nights now.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I recently had to get a replacement Pre (due to my daughter breaking my first one). I've been working on restoring patches, apps, settings... I can find Preset Reset in Preware, and when I install it, my phone says it's installed correctly. yet I have no app in the launcher to allow me to open it and configure it. I've got Internalz, JStop, SysToolsMgr installed.

what am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Sounds like your app is hidden. I would try two things. First, just type "Preset" and see if the app pops up. Second, go to the menu in the launcher and hit "list all applications" to see if the app is listed. If it is, hit it and choose to unhide it.

Hope this helps.
    I tried typing "preset" to see if it would show up, it did not. what fixed it was a luna reset. I had a couple weird glitches when installing different homebrew apps that were fixed with a luna reset. weird.
    Is there a way to launch websites after Preset Reset restarts? I have a couple of websites saved in the App Launcher and I would love to be able to launch a couple of them after the phone resets. I would also be fine with saving them as bookmarks, or just passing arguments to the browser and then launching them that way.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by niegowsj View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    My PresetReset stopped working after my Pre took a trip to the doctor.
    Try this, worked for me...
    1. Unselect all 7 days
    2. Turn PresetReset Off
    3. Close app
    4. Reopen app and select your desired days again
    5. Turn PresetReset back on

This seemed to work for me. Has reset for the past 4 nights now.
    Any update or insight to this?? Seems to be happening a little more frequently now.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Anyone know if this will support Webos 2.1? I have it installed but my Pre never resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Anyone know if this will support Webos 2.1? I have it installed but my Pre never resets.
    Same here - no reset on my Pre2 (2.1).
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Bring up Preware, go to installed packages, apps, then click on app. You'll see app id there.
    ID? like "com.supergigamega.weatherdaslite" ? How do you copy them? Sorry...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    For those wondering, this is the process of events:
    ...[*]5 minutes after the reset starts (I figured that's be enough time for a reset to full complete), the post-reset actions will happen.
    !
    Humm just read Post#1 again...

Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Actually, I found Mode Switcher to be much more user friendly for open apps on startup.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by duncanjameshill View Post
    I just installed it on my Sprint Pre Plus running 2.1 and scheduled a reset for 5 mins in the future. 4 after I set it up, I got the 60 second countdown and when that finished my pre reset.

This is exactly the way it worked on 1.x. So, from my perspective, it's working on 2.1.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by duncanjameshill View Post
    I had this issue for a while. It was working, then all of a sudden it stopped. I realized that the last time it worked was before I canceled a reset during the countdown warning.

To get it working again, I opened the app, went to the drop down menu & selected reset now. For some reason doing a reset from within the app got it working again, I haven't had a problem since (Pre 2, running 2.1)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If it takes about 6 minutes for my Pre+ to boot up, is the 5 minute time frame hard coded into Preset Reset a problem?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast