1. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i use preware and WebOsQuickInstall. i install both applications and patches. i don't install any themes. one day, in preware, my patches were suddenly all listed as having updates. when i went to update them, i received a failure message saying 'unreversed patches, no hunks' applied (good old larry wall's "patch" command :-).

i decided to reinstall my pre, so i ran it through the doctor successfully.
    however, when it came back up, i still had more than three application
    panels (which i thought was a patch). other patches had clearly gone
    away (e.g. my NASCAR icon was back - ugh :-).

so i decided to get really anal and run the WebOsQuickRepair utility. i read the warning that said it could take as much as a half an hour.
    however, it has been running for over two hours. it also has been running strangely. it started ok, ran quickly (printing file after file as it examined them) and then stuck for a long, long time on a PNG file (contacts list?).
    when i did "Info/About", it unwedged it for a few more file names. then the same thing happened again. "Info/About" triggered the same behavior the second time.

i'm just about to give up on Quick Repair in order to install the PreWare background stuff so that i can see what PreWare says now about
    my patches-turned-into-applications.

thoughts/comments?

/mark
  2. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ok, so i just found the AUPT thread. now i know why all of my patches were scheduled to be updated. the catch is that i'm left with 21 patches that show up as applications, not patches. they can't be removed. and they can't be updated. and none of the remedies i know of (the doctor, emergency patch removal, emergency migration, etc) have any effect.

thoughts/comments?
    Do a Full Erase on the device then Doctor and that will bring the device back to factory state
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    the full erase worked. one thing that surprised me was that the 'number of launcher pages' patch survived across the full erase. somehow its state is stored in the backed-up profile?