Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by moonphrogg View Post
    So basically, for 3.01, the themer is still disabled as per update notes in 3.0. Can we expect to have it back for your next release?
    yea, next version, 3.1, will include the revamped theme support
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I have a really dumb question. I see in the notes it says: - added support for AUPT

Now that's just something that is built into the patches themselves correct, or do I need to download something to enable it?
    thanks for the update info Jason
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    UPDATE 2 - SOLUTION ON PAGE 11 OF THIS THREAD ( thanks again! gitit20 )
    UPDATE - apparently at least one of the patches are still active as i just recieved an email and the LED Notification still works. ???

Before I installed the New WebOSQuickIntall, i ran EPR on the old version to "clean up/get rid of" whatever patches i had. I installed version 3.01 and now 3.01 acts as though those patches are still installed and only offers me the option to "update."
    Attempting to the the EPR again via 3.01, i recieved the message "no patches found."
    Wierd thing is, this patch problem seems to be specific to only the patches i had installed via the older version of webosquickinstall. If i choose to install any patches i did NOT have previously, no problem.

???

i am going to reset my device. delete webosquickinstall 3.01 and redownload. hopefully it recognizes that i no longer have any of my previous patches installed.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Dave81j6; 02/12/2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: UPDATE 2
    webos quickinstall will not let me tweak anything. It says that it needs to transition patches to the new version, i click yes then it says an error occur while attempting to run/ tmp/ipkg/script.sh
    webos quickinstall will not let me tweak anything. It says that it needs to transition patches to the new version, i click yes then it says an error occur while attempting to run/ tmp/ipkg/script.sh
    I don not have any patches on my phone in preparation for 1.4. I am in fear of the patches creating any unknown issues.

What is the exact name of the utility that I would run to double check and make sure my phone is factory 1.3.5.

is it the repair utility, or is there something I can run with the newest version of QI?

Thanks in advance for your continued cooperation & support.
    P.S.> Jason u are the man!
    "I could calculate your chances of survival, but your not gonna like it." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    >>>>>> My WoW Fan Site <<<<<<
    Thanks Jason works great your da man
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidm1519 View Post
    I don not have any patches on my phone in preparation for 1.4. I am in fear of the patches creating any unknown issues.

What is the exact name of the utility that I would run to double check and make sure my phone is factory 1.3.5.

is it the repair utility, or is there something I can run with the newest version of QI?

Thanks in advance for your continued cooperation & support.
    P.S.> Jason u are the man!
    to ensure your phone is patch free... first remove any themes... then run EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery)... then run WebOS Repair Utility with override compatibility turned on.

most of that is unnecessary now though with the AUPT setup. all you need to do now in order to prepare for an OTA update is remove your theme. if you wanted to be really on the safe side then you can remove your theme and run the repair utility (without using override compatibility) but the last step is optional and unnecessary.

In order to make sure you are using the AUPT technology do the following.

1. Install any updates for the ipkgservice (the preware service)
    2. Install any updates for Preware (the preware app itself)
    3. Install any updates for your patches.

If you follow those 3 steps you will be using AUPT and removing patches prior to an update will be unnecessary
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave81j6 View Post
    UPDATE - apparently at least one of the patches are still active as i just recieved an email and the LED Notification still works. ???

Before I installed the New WebOSQuickIntall, i ran EPR on the old version to "clean up/get rid of" whatever patches i had. I installed version 3.01 and now 3.01 acts as though those patches are still installed and only offers me the option to "update."
    Attempting to the the EPR again via 3.01, i recieved the message "no patches found."
    Wierd thing is, this patch problem seems to be specific to only the patches i had installed via the older version of webosquickinstall. If i choose to install any patches i did NOT have previously, no problem.

???

i am going to reset my device. delete webosquickinstall 3.01 and redownload. hopefully it recognizes that i no longer have any of my previous patches installed.

thanks in advance
    you problem is not that the patch is still installed. The patch merely un-hides the option to turn on the blink notifications. If you install the patch, turn them on, then remove the patch, you will still have the notifications. If you would like to disable the notifications, re-install the patch, turn off the blink notifications, then uninstall the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by erk48188 View Post
    /sigh

so i'm having trouble. i must have upgraded the latest webos update without uninstalling my patches...the one that moved the programs to a different spot on the file server.

after that, i tried updating the installed apps using the webos update function, got an error, and every time the phone rebooted i got an error that "10 application updates failed".

i finally gave up and did webosdoctor re-install.

no i'm trying to put my tweaks back using quickinstall, and QI thinks that the old tweaks are there, and i get an error when i try to update those tweaks. i ran the EPR, and it still thinks the old tweaks are there.

i suspect that there's a config file on the filesystem that i need to edit, and i can do it (if someone told me what the file was), but if there was an easier way...
    Try the Emergency Migration Helper... that is all you needed in the first place.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I downloaded current webosquickinstall.jar, and verified the open with is set to my current version Java, and all I get every time is the error "Unable to load Webosdoctor URL information" Is this because maybe the url hasn't been changed to reflect the new filename? I downloaded the current webosdoctor manually from Palm-is there a way to point webosquickinstall to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptk View Post
    If you follow those 3 steps you will be using AUPT and removing patches prior to an update will be unnecessary
    Thanks.....
    "I could calculate your chances of survival, but your not gonna like it." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    >>>>>> My WoW Fan Site <<<<<<
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daveross View Post
    I downloaded current webosquickinstall.jar, and verified the open with is set to my current version Java, and all I get every time is the error "Unable to load Webosdoctor URL information" Is this because maybe the url hasn't been changed to reflect the new filename? I downloaded the current webosdoctor manually from Palm-is there a way to point webosquickinstall to it?

Nevermind. I missed the manual download link instructions-that worked.
    issue...i downloaded webos qi and the webos repair....installed the latest java and when i double click it wont start...any suggestions?
    I heard a rumor that with WebOS quick install, I will not have to uninstall patches and tweaks before the next over the air update... Is this true? Or should I just uninstall them to be safe.
    Never mind... lol, I just read about the AUPT.
    Thanks Jason.

I have problem with WOQI in my home PC.
    My home PC can recognize my Pre in WOQI, but it become no respond when i have press download button even updated new 3.01 version.

I got 3 WOQI folder, USB drive, home PC and office PC, it works fine.
    But now, i don't remember what i done something wrong in my home PC, i tried to remove whole folder and replace new one but it does not work until now.

i have tested USB drive can be worked in my office PC but no response in home PC.

How should i solve this problem! thanks

Roy
    Quote Originally Posted by wroy12 View Post
    Thanks Jason.

I have problem with WOQI in my home PC.
    My home PC can recognize my Pre in WOQI, but it become no respond when i have press download button even updated new 3.01 version.

I got 3 WOQI folder, USB drive, home PC and office PC, it works fine.
    But now, i don't remember what i done something wrong in my home PC, i tried to remove whole folder and replace new one but it does not work until now.

i have tested USB drive can be worked in my office PC but no response in home PC.

How should i solve this problem! thanks

Roy
    Have you made sure all the drivers are installed? did it work on your home pc before you updated? Try rebooting both the pre and your computer clear your java cache then hook up the pre and then open webos qi see if that help... Some more info would help us help you like what OS you have and weather its x64(64bit) or x86(32bit)... and what steps you have taken... Also you may try the reinstall of nova-com Open WebOS QI click on file then click options theen click the reinstall nova-com drivers

Royce
    it still doesn't work. I've reinstalled Java more than 4 times, done everything you say to do and the file either opens as a zip file or as DOS for less than 2 seconds and then disappears. I don't know if it is a normal issue with the crappy Windows Vista software or if there's something else wrong.
    Please help me fix this problem.

Thank You