Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It's been asked and answered dozens of times, so I wanna make this perfectly clear for everyone: YES!

    If you install a .patch via WOSQI v3.0, it'll appear as a patch in Preware, able to be uninstalled.

    Conversely, if you install a patch in Preware, it'll appear in WebOS Quick install, able to be uninstalled.

    Will we ever be able to see all the patches in both programs?

    This would be the best option. Yours when I am at a computer, theirs when I am not.

    I am amazed that we no longer have to remove anything before an OS patch, how did you guys do that? ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  2. #142  
    I can't get this to work. Everytime I try it downloads wedos doctor and never comes up.

    Thanks Jeff
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwoods1977 View Post
    I can't get this to work. Everytime I try it downloads wedos doctor and never comes up.

    Thanks Jeff
    I got some weird results after the download. I rebooted my Pre and my laptop and it went well.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  4. #144  
    Can anyone help me? I just got a new pre yesterday my old one stopped working. I hooked it up to webOs quick install and put on some patches which I'm sure worked fine. But i did something i have never done before, in the option to change the boot picture i added one. And now all it does it when it starts up is boot the regular palm logo and then loads my picture. It stops there everytime and i cant do a thing besides pulling out the battery and restarting it. Worst part is i turned dev mode off so webOS quick wont recognize it when i plug it into my computer. I went onto the palm website and reported it as lost so it would hard reset it but that did nothing. Any ideas I am lost and basically phoneless now????
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by teitell10 View Post
    Can anyone help me? I just got a new pre yesterday my old one stopped working. I hooked it up to webOs quick install and put on some patches which I'm sure worked fine. But i did something i have never done before, in the option to change the boot picture i added one. And now all it does it when it starts up is boot the regular palm logo and then loads my picture. It stops there everytime and i cant do a thing besides pulling out the battery and restarting it. Worst part is i turned dev mode off so webOS quick wont recognize it when i plug it into my computer. I went onto the palm website and reported it as lost so it would hard reset it but that did nothing. Any ideas I am lost and basically phoneless now????
    I don't think this has anything to do with the boot pic change. I've used boot pic changes many times and I've never had this type of problem (unless you didn't use both pics for the boot change?). You'll have to WebDr it.

    1. a) Start up Webdr on your PC and navigate to the part where it asks for you to connect your Pre to the computer... b) Pull the battery from your phone.
    2. Plug the phone into the wall charger while holding up the volume button.
    3. You should see a big icon on your PRe
    4. Replace the battery and connect your Pre back to your PC.
    5. The "next" button on the WebDR should now be enabled. Press next and see if the Webdr helps.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6. #146  
    Jason, Great Program!

    I'm running it on Mac OSX and when I open up the theme settings I get an error that says "Sorry theming is disabled until the new theming specifications is put in place"

    What exactly does that mean?
    sorry for the noobish :P
  7. #147  
    I have been trying to get this to work for weeks now...However, no matter how many times it fails I keep trying to get it right. I download the Webos and when I go to run it it says theres no device detected. I have downloaded the Novacom thing as well and it just sits there saying connecting to device and nothing happens. What can I do to make this work? Sorry if i'm not explaining myself clear enough. Thanks for the help!
  8. #148  
    Thanks I am in the process and it seems to be working it currently is charging my battery but webos doctor is recognizing it and seems it will work. The boot pic i choose i believe were two different pics, but if i somehow only put one pic is that what messed it up?
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Question about utilizing the "Panic Button".

    This is to doctor your phone. The message says that it will doctor your phone back to 1.03, but it looks like it is using the 1.2.1 webOSDoctor.jar.

    A couple of questions about this:
    1) I assume 1.2.1 because this is the last time the doctor did a complete wipe of the device?
    2) Can it be changed to doctor to a different version (say 1.3.5.1 or 1.4 when available)?
    3) Is it just a type that it says it will doctor it to 1.03 or is this something that is being done with the 1.2.1 webOSDoctor.jar file?

    Thanks for all your awesome work Jason!!!
    That's just a text error. It'll basically just run the webOSDoctor.jar, whatever version that may be. If you delete the webOSDoctor.jar, WOSQI will download it again (and that'll download the current version always)

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Will we ever be able to see all the patches in both programs?

    This would be the best option. Yours when I am at a computer, theirs when I am not.

    I am amazed that we no longer have to remove anything before an OS patch, how did you guys do that? ii
    all patches can be seen in both programs

    Quote Originally Posted by playstationer View Post
    Jason, Great Program!

    I'm running it on Mac OSX and when I open up the theme settings I get an error that says "Sorry theming is disabled until the new theming specifications is put in place"

    What exactly does that mean?
    sorry for the noobish :P
    Well, now that webOS 1.3.5.1 has removed the app install size limit, I figure a switch to ipk-based themes would be best. I'm adding an "Export As Ipk" option to WebOS Theme Builder, so all zip themes will be convertible to the new format.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gsrroach View Post
    I have been trying to get this to work for weeks now...However, no matter how many times it fails I keep trying to get it right. I download the Webos and when I go to run it it says theres no device detected. I have downloaded the Novacom thing as well and it just sits there saying connecting to device and nothing happens. What can I do to make this work? Sorry if i'm not explaining myself clear enough. Thanks for the help!
    Check the Troubleshooting Guide. It's long, but 9 times outta 10, it solves the problems
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  10. #150  
    Maaaannnn, No matter how i click the link (left or right click) I don't get an option to download. I only gey options to open when I right click. When I left click, it loads up another page and then says "oops this link is broken. Any advice? I've read the install instructions and this post. I even switched from google chrome to firefox. Am I banned from this forum or what. Just when I thought I had the hang of this, this happens. lol
    It's K o o n t, like Kunta Kinta. Just changed the spelling cause Kunt just don't look right. So, yall don't have to censor my name on here.
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by big****t View Post
    Maaaannnn, No matter how i click the link (left or right click) I don't get an option to download. I only gey options to open when I right click. When I left click, it loads up another page and then says "oops this link is broken. Any advice? I've read the install instructions and this post. I even switched from google chrome to firefox. Am I banned from this forum or what. Just when I thought I had the hang of this, this happens. lol
    Sounds like a possible firewall issue?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I don't think this has anything to do with the boot pic change. I've used boot pic changes many times and I've never had this type of problem...
    Hi achill3s,

    Could you answer a question about the Lock Screen change option please?

    I've seen the WOSQI Tick Box to change the Lock Screen.

    As I use the timed phone lock I'd like to be able to place my landline phone number on the Lock Screen so that if I lose my Pre there is a change it might be returned.

    Is the above Tick Box replacement screen the way for me to change the background image? If so what size and format does it need to be.

    Have I got this right? Thanks

    Chas.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Is the above Tick Box replacement screen the way for me to change the background image? If so what size and format does it need to be.
    Clicking the checkbox will bring up a filechooser. Just need to choose a 320x480 PNG image
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  14. #154  
    OK, I just read a few pages back and it seems that I also was affected by the cache issue.

    I downloaded it using IE8, and now I seem to have the correct version.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  15. #155  
    Jason, you should add the feature that detects if you have the required service in order to run the patch you want to install like Preware does.
  16. #156  
    thanks!
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Well, now that webOS 1.3.5.1 has removed the app install size limit, I figure a switch to ipk-based themes would be best. I'm adding an "Export As Ipk" option to WebOS Theme Builder, so all zip themes will be convertible to the new format.
    So basically, for 3.01, the themer is still disabled as per update notes in 3.0. Can we expect to have it back for your next release?
  18. #158  
    Hey Jason,

    I can't load a theme I created. Is there any way around this issue? Can I use the older version to load the theme?

    Thanks for all you do!!
  19. #159  
    /sigh

    so i'm having trouble. i must have upgraded the latest webos update without uninstalling my patches...the one that moved the programs to a different spot on the file server.

    after that, i tried updating the installed apps using the webos update function, got an error, and every time the phone rebooted i got an error that "10 application updates failed".

    i finally gave up and did webosdoctor re-install.

    no i'm trying to put my tweaks back using quickinstall, and QI thinks that the old tweaks are there, and i get an error when i try to update those tweaks. i ran the EPR, and it still thinks the old tweaks are there.

    i suspect that there's a config file on the filesystem that i need to edit, and i can do it (if someone told me what the file was), but if there was an easier way...
  20. #160  
    oh...my gmail contacts don't seem to be syncing since i webdoctored...wonder if the two problems are related...
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions