Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Thanks Jason!

FYI: My first son is being born soon. I am going to name him after you in honor of all you've done here!

Little WOSQI will be brought up knowing all about his brilliant Uncle JayCanuck!
    So I've tried safari, chrome, and firefox and I still get version 1.0 showing in the about window. I've cleared cache on all three before trying to download each time. I have tried to download to multiple places and with version number in the file name. Any ideas?

ps I'm running mac os x and have previously had no problem with the download, but haven't updated since v1.0, could that be an issue?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have been watching this threat for days know....Same error as above
    Tried deleting the text from the web.os text (Swipe to delete videos) and
    have updated to 3.01 still cant get into the tweaks section
    Quote Originally Posted by gbman2k View Post
    So I've tried safari, chrome, and firefox and I still get version 1.0 showing in the about window. I've cleared cache on all three before trying to download each time. I have tried to download to multiple places and with version number in the file name. Any ideas?

ps I'm running mac os x and have previously had no problem with the download, but haven't updated since v1.0, could that be an issue?
    Mine has always said 1.0 (2.96 & 3.01) but operated as though its up to date.
    I stupidly in webos decided to change the startup picture to a different one. Well it seems to freeze on startup everytime and since i turned dev mode off to reset i have no way to get back into webos. What can i do? all it does right now is stay lit on the new picture on the start up screen, it wont do anything else.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    WOW...Thanks to Shadowhawk I went back into WOSQI 2.96 and was able to delete the offending file that WOSQI 3.0 was having issue with and know Im able to ope 3.01 but I know longer get the tweaks menu to update or do whatever it was asking be to do for the 1st time after updating... Should I be worried or did that fix my prob? just making sure Im Autu UPDATE compatible

Kybdplr
    I'm unable to uninstall certain patches from WOSQI and from Preware. In Preware when i try to remove it just hangs, in Quick Install I get an error message. This only with certain patches however, Call Duration in Call Log is one in particular.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi, i am running webos quick install on ubuntu 9.10 and having to run novacomd seperatly to get it working, but as soon as i click on device manager or the '3rd button on the right?' it just freezed up the program, cant close it, nothing, any ideas?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Fabulous. Thanks so much !! great update.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hemna View Post
    Does it have proxy support yet?
    it uses the same proxy as Internet Explorer does
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    When I download and run Version 3.01 and then go to "About" it shows Version 3.0. What am I doing wrong or has the software version number not been changed
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    When I download and run Version 3.01 and then go to "About" it shows Version 3.0. What am I doing wrong or has the software version number not been changed
    It has been answered a couple times but try clearing your cache in your browser or try a different browser.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    It has been answered a couple times but try clearing your cache in your browser or try a different browser.
    Thanks for your response. I don't think that browser cache has anything to do with downloading and saving a file to your hard drive. Especially when you delete the old QI "jar" file and save the new one. However, I have been wrong before...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    Thanks for your response. I don't think that browser cache has anything to do with downloading and saving a file to your hard drive. Especially when you delete the old QI "jar" file and save the new one. However, I have been wrong before...
    Yeah, it did the exact same thing for me in firefox. I switched to internet explorer and it worked.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Yeah, it did the exact same thing for me in firefox. I switched to internet explorer and it worked.
    OK, I was wrong I used a different browser. I was using SeaMonkey and went to Explorer. Thanks for the advice. I don't think it was the browser cache, but rather the download manager which is part of SeaMonkey. I cleared those files in the download manager...
    Last edited by bobwill; 02/03/2010 at 07:55 AM.
    Installed without a hitch. Thanks so much, Jason.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Thanks worked just fine for me... simply moved the 2.96 QI and Doctor to a new folder and then downloaded the 3.01 and Doctor and ALL worked great. Verified the version # on the about screen and 3.01 is in business! Thanks

One question... if I want to Doctor my Pre can I use that "Doctor" that it downloaded? and what WebOS will it send me back too? Or should I use a different one altogether? If so which one?

Thanks again and thanks for the help!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Thanks Jason!

FYI: My first son is being born soon. I am going to name him after you in honor of all you've done here!

Little WOSQI will be brought up knowing all about his brilliant Uncle JayCanuck!
    Wow. I can't believe this post got no love. I was working on my laptop in a hospital waitin room and nearly spit out my coffee when I saw 'little WOSQI'!!!
    How do we get Pre ware to work with 1.3.5.1??
    I'm baffled?
    Question about utilizing the "Panic Button".

This is to doctor your phone. The message says that it will doctor your phone back to 1.03, but it looks like it is using the 1.2.1 webOSDoctor.jar.

A couple of questions about this:
    1) I assume 1.2.1 because this is the last time the doctor did a complete wipe of the device?
    2) Can it be changed to doctor to a different version (say 1.3.5.1 or 1.4 when available)?
    3) Is it just a type that it says it will doctor it to 1.03 or is this something that is being done with the 1.2.1 webOSDoctor.jar file?

Thanks for all your awesome work Jason!!!
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast