Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    I'm seeing the same things through Preware. I just tried WebOS QI as well. I saw a post in the Preware thread saying that Precentral had changed something on the back end and WebOS Internals needed to change some things on their end. Must not have gotten to it before the holidays.

I did find that I could send myself the ipk link through Neato and install some things that way, but I now that doesn't cover apps that have certain dependencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Is there a problem with WebOs quick install? I am trying to load a few things on my wife's new phone from the Precentral App Gallery Feed in WebOs Quick install and every time I click download I get an error saying

"java.net.ProtocolException: Server redirected too many times (20)"

I have been getting this error for 2 days. In addition I have noticed that there are many things missing for the list here such as some games, Internalz, Systool manager, and many more. Maybe I missed something and I am doing something wrong, someone please help!!!
    Same thing here! Any help will be appreciated.
    when i load the tweaks page in webos quick install i get 'error downloading package feed' when i go to online repository nothing comes up in the list. something going on?
    i keep getting this message when i start up preware, The service is not running. first try to restarting Preware, or reboot your phone and try again. i do both yet is still gives the same message, soo frustrating.!! :/
    i cant find package manager service
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Is there a problem with WebOs quick install? I am trying to load a few things on my wife's new phone from the Precentral App Gallery Feed in WebOs Quick install and every time I click download I get an error saying

I have been getting this error for 2 days. In addition I have noticed that there are many things missing for the list here such as some games, Internalz, Systool manager, and many more. Maybe I missed something and I am doing something wrong, someone please help!!!
    Same thing here. I'm new to Preware as I just downloaded it, but I'm getting the same message. Maybe I'm an ***** and am doing something wrong, but any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by carter.700 View Post
    Same thing here. I'm new to Preware as I just downloaded it, but I'm getting the same message. Maybe I'm an ***** and am doing something wrong, but any help would be appreciated.
    I can only assume the Holiday's has some of the regular members away from the forum and not responding but I have came to the assumption that Preware is not functioning do to some of the feeds being on which is causing a chain reaction with everything else including Webos Quick install. I have been reading several forums and many of them point to the same problems right now. My suggestion is find the original forum of which the app or patch that you are seeking and download the original IPK file to your computer then use WebOS quick install to install it that way that is what i had to do and it worked just fine.

Hope this helps, it worked for me.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Hi guys, I need some help with the WebOS Quick Install v3.14

I am using a Palm Pixi
    Operating System is 32bit

I've followed Jason's troubleshooting guide, my phone is detected and the problem begins when I try to download any application. I get this error message:

I currently have Java Version6 Update 22.

I would appreciate any reply, thank you in advance.
    Last edited by MayraC; 01/01/2011 at 03:50 PM.
    mayraC,

I have the same problem

Palm pre
    32 bit

java.net.ProtocolException: Server redirected too many times (20)"

I currently have Java Version6 Update 23.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am new to WebOS, Pre, and this entire system so peace be easy.

I have preware on my phone and have been using that to do a lot of things successfully.

However, I tried to install filemgr using preware and get an error so I turned to Quick Install to try and install it, but I am having trouble getting Quick install to work.

Here is the deal. I have WebOS QI 3.14 downloaded. I have the proper and newest version of webOS Doctor (Att, pre+, 1.4.5). I have the Novacom drivers installed and working (Computer will recognize the pre+ as a usb drive).

I have also followed all the steps of this turotial and everything is perfect.

My problem is that when WebOS QI starts up the only things that work are the add file, exit, usage, disclaimer, and about buttons. I can add a file to the WebOS QI window but the install button does nothing.

I cannot access the Drive Management, Themer, Tweaks or anything these.

I have downloaded and installed webosdoctor when opening WebOS QI and straight from webos-internals, but neither work. I have also tried reinstalling Java a few times. Nothing works.

I am running windows XP, service pack 3.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    I am a newb, had this issue last 2 days, got Music Player and others installed by downloading to laptop, then over to pre by usb and 'install' with preware (package install)

It worked, but I am wondering can I delete the ipk files from my pre - it is confusing having them all piled up in the download file.

Thx

(it seems nothing from the ap gallery will down load via webosquickinstall - the other feeds in the dropdown work).
    help needed:

after 6 days, finally got my palm pre 2 to connect to webos quickinstall
    when i try to install an app i get the following error: "ERROR:"
    that it, it doesn't give me more info!
    I don't think that the current version of WOSQI works with webOS 2.xxx. I believe Jason said on Twitter that he was working on this when he had time. There was a post by Rob Whitby of webOS Internals regarding using the Palm "Install" method (check the Preware Thread) to get Preware on your Pre 2, then using Preware to download any HB apps you require. Hope this helps. If any of this is incorrect (totally from memory), please someone correct my statements.
    WOSQI will say "error" when you install Preware. Just reboot (or Luna reboot). It still installs perfectly fine.

The only thing you have to be aware of is the novacom driver. You need a newer driver for the Pre 2 to work with your computer. You can find this driver in the webOS 2.0.1 Doctors available from Palm. Just open the Doctor up with WinRar and navigate through the "resources" folder (I believe). It's in there. Or, if you've ever run a 2.0 Doctor on your machine before (for your Pre 2) then disregard this caveat and just hook your phone up and run WOSQI and ignore the error warnings. Just reboot the phone and Preware (and any other 2.0 compatible ipk) will be there.
    Help!!!!!! getting frustrated i keep getting this message

"WebOSQuickInstall.jar' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit."

when i am trying to run WebOSQuickInstall.jar using method poster provided:

"Ubuntu:

* To install the current version of Java, enter the following in terminal:
    sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
    * To run the .jar, right click, choose "Open with" and select "Sun Java X.X runtime"

i am running Ubuntu on my netbook

PM me if you have any solutions i do not get on here too often to check thread
    Last edited by 240miki; 01/04/2011 at 06:58 PM.
    I haven't tried installing anything with WOSQI yet, but the WebOS Internals Feed doesn't show Preware, which is all I really want to install with it. As far as I can tell, everything else is listed. I had Preware before, but had to get a new Pre Plus (Verizon), and installed it with WOSQI last time.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I had to replace my Verizon Pre Plus yeseterday to do the very well known USB Crack issue. After having all the programs synch back onto the new phone, I opened Developer Mode, connected it my computer and tried to reinstall Preware, Internalz, Music Remix 2.0 beta and a lot of the other great and useful tools I have found. Many of these came up with errors. I did get an older ipk of Preware to install using WOSQI. It then updated to the newest Preware, but I have been still getting the same errors trying to install these programs and the additional programs that they use, either with Preware or WOSQI. I then went into the Homebrew section, downloaded each individual ipk and installed them through WOSQI. This has seemed to work. Not sure why Preware or the feeds (blue arrow) in WOSQI are not working as they have worked so well for the last 6 months. The explanations I find a little confusing, but if I understand correctly, is WOSQI and Preware not able to link and install these files correctly because of a change at WebOS Internals?
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Palm Pixi
    32bit, Windows 7
    Java Version 6, just updated yesterday.

I have tried EVERYTHING to get novacomd to work on my computer and it still won't. I tried editing with Orca, downloaded the SDK, and everything else I saw... still nothing. It shows that it's fine and running , but in the device manager it won't recognize the driver. ANY help please. I just want to get Preware back on my phone.
    Palm Pixi
    32bit, Windows 7

I have tried EVERYTHING to get novacomd to work on my computer and it still won't. I tried editing with Orca, downloaded the SDK, and everything else I saw... still nothing. It shows that it's fine and running , but in the device manager it won't recognize the driver. ANY help please. I just want to get Preware back on my phone.
    Palm Pixi
    32bit, Windows 7