Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1322
Like Tree2Likes
    It doesnt work on palm pre 2?
    Well I have ten major things not working with this program. The first is when I click tools-options nothing happens, none of the drop downs at the top work except help-about, File-exit, File-add file, Help-usage, Help-disclaimer. Then when I click on the blue down arrow nothing happens when I click install on an app(after I drag in) nothing happens. All of this is making me think that this is some kind of elaborate virus and putting homebrew apps on WebOS is impossible. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium have dev mode enabled on palm pre. Since this is not working im very:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v3.14

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other forums.

I can be contacted at support@canuck-software.ca
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.

Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.

Enjoy! :-)

Download Here

Installation Guide

Requirements
    • WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS factory settings
      • If you want to manually download it on your own, see this page for direct download links and copy that downloaded .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

• Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

• Novacom
      • You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
      • For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

• DevMode enabled
      • This can be done on your device by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
    • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Features
    • Stylish easy-to-use GUI.
    • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
    • Tweaks panel for OS customization on a deeper level.
    • Full-featured themer
    • AUPT-compatible
    • Supports standard ipkg feeds.
    • No Linux knowledge required, no root access required.
    • Support for .ipk, .patch, and .diff files
    • Works with both USB-connected WebOS devices and the WebOS emulator.
    • Full device information section with management of user-installed applications.
    • Send and receive files to and from a WebOS device.
    • Quick-access link to the PreCentral homebrew gallery.
    • Handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.

Screenshots

Known Issues
    - None so far

Change Log
    v3.14 - June 6, 2010
    - Now checks if Palm-scripts and ipkg scripts are different
    - Ipkg Feed Viewer no longer requires a device to be connected
    - Supports gzipped feeds for much faster feed loading
    - Fixed PreThemer feed url in themer section
    - Robustified feed parsing
    - New version of checking if files exist
    - Updated webOSDoctor downloader urls

v3.12 - April 22, 2010
    - Minor optimizations
    - Now properly deletes the ipk from the device after install
    - Fixed versioning issue

v3.11 - April 18, 2010
    - Switched back to ipkg install format
    - Added palm-style postinst/prerm script support

v3.1 - April 16, 2010
    - Now uses the Palm ApplicationInstallerUtility for ipk installation/removal
    - Added complete redone ipk-based Themer with Prethemer and PreCentral Theme Gallery support
    - Fixed GNU patch/lsdiff download error
    - Now uses patch-style ad blocker
    - Now uses updated iPhone User Agent Spoof
    - Fixed issue with post-removal flags not executing
    - Added support for RestartDevice post-install and post-removal flags
    - Feeds don't reload when changing between feeds in Ipkg Feed Viewer
    - Improved detection/handling of dead feeds
    - Various minor bugfixes

v3.02 - February 2, 2010
    - minor optimizations
    - updated the Update Helper for improved functionality

v3.01 - February 2, 2010
    - more accurate webOSDoctor downloading
    - fixes error where it would erroneously try to restore patches
    - removed PimpMyPre ipkg feed
    - no longer luna restarts if patch installation fails
    - much better handling when a feed cannot be connected to

v3.0 - February 1, 2010
    - packages no longer install/uninstall if postinst/prerm scripts fail
    - "deinstall" status packages are now properly filtered out of Device Management
    - added update checker
    - fixed issue where patch setting were saved to a wrong directory
    - fixed issue preventing installation of large ipk files
    - themer temporarily disabled
    - fixed issue preventing installation of patch files with non-alphanumeric characters in their name
    - updated ad-blocker for better compatibility
    - added patch updating on Online Repository tab
    - added support for AUPT
    - added webOSDoctor patch recovery
    - fixed "This is a webOS application." nametags in Device Management
    - added dynamic webOSDoctor downloader
    - fixed issue preventing webosdoctor jar detection

Special thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to the cause: those who donate, those who help test, those who help teach me new things, and those who help out with new users. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    i am having difficulty to install preware/webos can someone help me
    i want to download webos quick install 2.6 and where i download please help me
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I cant get this to work. I can open the program fine, and select the app i want to install but it does nothing when I click on install. I also click on the different menus such as theme and it also does nothing.
    I just updated to the latest flash and am running win7 x64.
    Is the phone in developed mode and just charge?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by meelah4u View Post
    i am having difficulty to install preware/webos can someone help me
    You'll get more help if you provide details on the problems you're having.
    Quote Originally Posted by llamma1010 View Post
    Well I have ten major things not working with this program. The first is when I click tools-options nothing happens, none of the drop downs at the top work except help-about, File-exit, File-add file, Help-usage, Help-disclaimer. Then when I click on the blue down arrow nothing happens when I click install on an app(after I drag in) nothing happens. All of this is making me think that this is some kind of elaborate virus and putting homebrew apps on WebOS is impossible. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium have dev mode enabled on palm pre. Since this is not working im very:
    Do you have the latest version of JAVA? Is the phone in just charge?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Is the phone in developed mode and just charge?
    Yes it is. Im on the latest webOS and java. Im trying it in xp now....
    UPDATE Works in my XP sp3...I'll try to debug the win7 later.
    Last edited by greg787; 12/05/2010 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Do you have the latest version of JAVA? Is the phone in just charge?
    yes i updated java right before running(did reboot) and phone is in just charge
    yes i updated java right before running(did reboot) and phone is in just charge
    Try disconnecting your Pre from your computer, restarting your computer, and then trying again...this seems to have worked for some folks.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I would have dumped this phone in the last 60 days if it weren't for this app. I'm getting pretty tired of this hardware. I love the OS, but the hardware is so slow in development that I'm thinking of switching to the Android.
  13. beh
    Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts
    I have seemingly never been able to install WebOSQuickInstall 3.14. That is every time I use WebOSQuickInstall I get a pop-up window saying version 3.14 is available. I click on download, it does, and then nothing. The next time I run WebOSQuickInstall the same thing, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. And yes, I am running the latest of absolutely everything. Suggestions most welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Try disconnecting your Pre from your computer, restarting your computer, and then trying again...this seems to have worked for some folks.
    Thx got it the next day when i rebooted
    Thx got it the next day when i rebooted
    Glad you got it.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    i can not open webOSquickinstal.jar after downloading , when i double click on this icon a always hear that annoying eror sound... i tried everything, and i also have reinstaled java... sorry for my bad english, i am from Serbia ...
    Quote Originally Posted by komar View Post
    i can not open webOSquickinstal.jar after downloading , when i double click on this icon a always hear that annoying eror sound... i tried everything, and i also have reinstaled java... sorry for my bad english, i am from Serbia ...
    What OS are you using on your computer? With Windows a double click will open it and it will work fine, assuming your copy of the doctor is in the same folder. With Linux, you would want to right click the .jar and select open with Java, etc..
    i think that it is the latest version of OS , i saved webOsquickinstal.jar on my desktop , and i downloaded doctor in the same folder manually ... when i click on webosquickinstal.jar icon i hear sound of open eror and it stay not open... i am user of palm pre from O2 network...
    when i click on themer in webos quick install it says unable to get package so what does that mean???
    Is there a problem with WebOs quick install? I am trying to load a few things on my wife's new phone from the Precentral App Gallery Feed in WebOs Quick install and every time I click download I get an error saying

"java.net.ProtocolException: Server redirected too many times (20)"

I have been getting this error for 2 days. In addition I have noticed that there are many things missing for the list here such as some games, Internalz, Systool manager, and many more. Maybe I missed something and I am doing something wrong, someone please help!!!
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!